Bella's Pregnancy

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby Celia~Ashe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Bella's pregnancy wasn't the specific reason I was less than happy with Breaking Dawn, but it definitley added to it. I know now that I was kinda editing my memories of Canon, but on my first run through of BD, I went 'Oh, No. Oh no oh no oh no. She did not just go against a plethora of Canon laws just now.'

Well, she quite obviously did, and I quite obviously had a faulty memory of Canon. Stephenie had said that Vampires (plural) can't get pregnant. I had jumped to the assumption that venom had replaced sperm and since there wasn't any reproductive matierial in Edward, a half-breed child wouldn't happen. But she had never said anything concrete about a vampire male and a human female.

Also, Nessie.....kinda creeped me out. Just the whole description of this toddler drinking blood and hunting, while probably being more articulate than me was a smidgen off putting. And, on a purely personal level, I was a bit miffed that the entire book was centered almost entirely on Nessie. It was to be expectd of course, but I still missed the epic confrontations of the first three books, all of which had many facets and causes to their conflicts.

Sorry if this offended anyone, but I'm still a Twilight Die-Hard at heart. I just....was to enamoured by BD. :?

~Celia~Ashe
It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.

~Good Omens
User avatar
Celia~Ashe
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Watching CNN (Because I'm nerdy like that)

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby mlola619 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Twinkle Kaye wrote: and of course we all know that edward upheld his virtue so much as to where he would not...er, expell of it himself. so it's been there since 1918.
.



XD i have to admit i laughed out loud at the comment. Lol but VERY true- your theory makes alot of sense...maybe now people will stop saying "BUT VAMPIRES CAN'T HAVE BABIES, BLA BLA BLA"

fiction writing people....get over it lol
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
User avatar
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby Bella's_Mommy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 am

Ok, so was anyone else freaked out by the lack of description in the "sex scenes" and yet there was a full HORROR MOVIE description of the baby tearing at Bella's insides and breaking her bones and stuff, and then the entire birth scene.....Don't even get me started on that! I actually had nightmares the night I read those chapters because of how vivid the descriptions were! Great job, SM! But WOW! It was a little disturbing....I've never had a C-section, and now I NEVER WANT TO!
Image
Bella's_Mommy
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 am

Bella's_Mommy wrote:Ok, so was anyone else freaked out by the lack of description in the "sex scenes" and yet there was a full HORROR MOVIE description of the baby tearing at Bella's insides and breaking her bones and stuff, and then the entire birth scene.....Don't even get me started on that! I actually had nightmares the night I read those chapters because of how vivid the descriptions were! Great job, SM! But WOW! It was a little disturbing....I've never had a C-section, and now I NEVER WANT TO!


That comment made me laugh. Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle THAT scene if there's a movie...

Anyway back to the topic, I was a little shocked to find out that Bella was pregnant. I was so shocked that I really couldn't pay attention to the rest of the book. I had to reread the book to actually understand what was going on. I thought Nessie was really cute, the name was odd, (Renesmee) but I liked it. It suited her, for being so unique. The whole pregnancy and what not is completely understandable. Because it was never stated that vampires can't get a human pregnant. Props to SM.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
User avatar
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby mlola619 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:50 am

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:That comment made me laugh. Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle THAT scene if there's a movie...

Anyway back to the topic, I was a little shocked to find out that Bella was pregnant. I was so shocked that I really couldn't pay attention to the rest of the book. I had to reread the book to actually understand what was going on. I thought Nessie was really cute, the name was odd, (Renesmee) but I liked it. It suited her, for being so unique. The whole pregnancy and what not is completely understandable. Because it was never stated that vampires can't get a human pregnant. Props to SM.


agreed. PROPS TO SM
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
User avatar
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby obsessedsmallgirl3 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:15 am

AliLovesEdward wrote:I am not sure if this exactly relates, but it relates to babies. Do you think that Nessie can cry?


yes nessie can cry....she did after alice left and she was showing bella everyone's faces and landed on alice's face. when bella started to "cry" nessie started to tear up too
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
User avatar
obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 am

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby bite-me » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 am

Twinkle Kaye wrote:Ok, on the old forums this question was all over it. First of all, let's remember we are talking about vampires, remember? secondly, technically after a male becomes a vampire, he dosn't change, as with any vampire. but before he is changed, he is constantly making sperm. and sperm can stay alive up to 48 or more hours (depending on temperature) outside the human body. and the sperm is trapped in edward. so. the temperature he maintains is cold enough to freeze them. and of course we all know that edward upheld his virtue so much as to where he would not...er, expell of it himself. so it's been there since 1918. when he was changed. when he and bella had sex it was warmed up enough to fertilize. and half v-half h thing. sperm is in a fluid. his sperm is human, more or less. but the fluid he makes is vampire venom. and since having sex doesn't interrupt the blood system, which is what is needed for the venom to change the human. bella was able to get pregnant.

but remember, this is my theory. and this is a FICTION story, as much as we want it to be true.


BRILLIANT THEORY!!! Pretty much what I was thinking.
Image
User avatar
bite-me
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:29 am
Location: Under Edward Cullen's Bed (lol)

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby Lizzie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 am

Twinkle Kaye, that totally makes sense!! Actually it's the first theory that satisfies me :)

I kind of liked the descriptions of Bella's pregnancy. What I didn't like that much was the birth scene - "The Wizard of Gore" all over again...
Lizzie
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 am

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby Sarah-Lynn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:23 am

I, too, was like "what??" when I read that Bella was pregnant! Again, I've only read BD once, and it's been lent out to a friend until a few days ago... I'm going to start it again today... then I'll be able to post more.

Steph DID say that she had to hedge the "can vampires have babies" question... she simply stated that FEMALE vamps can't because their bodies won't allow for the change required to carry a fetus. Sneaky, she never said anything about MALE vamps... lol!! Had she answered "yes" to that... good Lord, could you imagine the speculation and fan-fic stories and blogs-gone-crazy moments out there leading up to BD? I read nothing of BD before the book came out, because I wanted a fresh mind... I didn't want to see any of the "what if this happens" stuff.... so if there were speculations that Bella could get pregnant, I didn't know about it.
Sarah-Lynn
 

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Postby once bitten » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:36 am

Celia~Ashe wrote:Bella's pregnancy wasn't the specific reason I was less than happy with Breaking Dawn, but it definitley added to it. I know now that I was kinda editing my memories of Canon, but on my first run through of BD, I went 'Oh, No. Oh no oh no oh no. She did not just go against a plethora of Canon laws just now.'

Well, she quite obviously did, and I quite obviously had a faulty memory of Canon. Stephenie had said that Vampires (plural) can't get pregnant. I had jumped to the assumption that venom had replaced sperm and since there wasn't any reproductive matierial in Edward, a half-breed child wouldn't happen. But she had never said anything concrete about a vampire male and a human female.

Also, Nessie.....kinda creeped me out. Just the whole description of this toddler drinking blood and hunting, while probably being more articulate than me was a smidgen off putting. And, on a purely personal level, I was a bit miffed that the entire book was centered almost entirely on Nessie. It was to be expectd of course, but I still missed the epic confrontations of the first three books, all of which had many facets and causes to their conflicts.

Sorry if this offended anyone, but I'm still a Twilight Die-Hard at heart. I just....was to enamoured by BD. :?

~Celia~Ashe

I 100% agree with you!! At first when i read that i was like 'This is impossible! This should NOT be happening!!!!' I actually stopped reading BD for a few hours because i was so mad. It just shouldn't have happened really, but after a while i warmed up to it. I like Nessie though, even if she really shouldn't exist.
This is no place that should be seen
By humanity’s eyes
Too obscene
Blood dipped fangs
And high keening shrieks
This is nighttime’s sonata
And we are the freaks
User avatar
once bitten
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:35 am
Location: dancing in the rain

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest