Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
josierose
Wandering Through Town

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by josierose »

ellalou73 wrote:YAY they picked Christopher Lee, I think he would make a good Caius or even Marcus, I still think they should consider Sir Ian Mckellen for Aro, but maybe he's to old, still I envisioned him in that role even before NM was a posisbility for the movie.
Jason Isaacs would play a good Volturi member, well, in my opinion anyway :D But I guess he would be too well known as Lucius Malfoy...
I have no signature so I decided to credit my icon that I got from HERE.
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

OHhh He would be good in one of those roles, maybe even Aro, it would be hard to pick the right actor for those parts I'm glad I can just sit back and watch. I like that choice though never even thought about him, and he's a great actor.
josierose
Wandering Through Town

Post by josierose »

Woah… With all the evil Dumbledore thoughts going on before, I would have thought someone would have mentioned Jason Isaacs :lol:
I wonder why EW didn’t have any suggestions for Marcus.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

josierose wrote:"Entertainment Weekly have posted their ideas on some stars who they think should have the Volturi roles for New Moon.

They think that Kristen Chenoweth, from Pushing Daisies or Glinda in Wicked, should be Jane. They throw out Stephen Moyer (True Blood) and Crispin Glover's names as Aro. And for Caius, they consider Christopher Lee (Lord of the Rings and Star Wars)"

I got that from here.
I don't mind some of their choices for Aro and Caius, but if they have a 40 year old playing Jane, I think that would be really weird... If they want someone that wont change too much, they should at least go for someone in their 20's. I think 40 is a fair bit too old... (I mean that in the most non-offensive way possible)

Who ever had wrote this (Entertainment Weekly) should really reread NM, who knows they probably haven't,
How the hell is Jane supposed to be (like josierose said) a 40 year old!! *Shakes head*.
I think SM would be pissed if they did get a person to play Jane who is 20 - 40!
josierose
Wandering Through Town

Post by josierose »

I really don't think the writer of that article has read New Moon.
Like I said before, I understand if they used an older girl to play Jane (just so she doesn't look different in all of the movies), but I would much rather someone younger than 20 to play Jane, there's still the magic of make-up, right? :D
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

EW does a similar article for many high profile movies. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek.
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

You know....jason Isaacs doesn't naturally have blond hair, and is pretty unrecognizable without the blond wig. (i think anyway)

OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

He use to model for store ads and was in seventeen magazine once, & he was in a lifetime movie. So he has some experience. Plus, he's buff, tall, dark & he has that "hot head" temper that matches the character Paul. Even though we're not native american, we can pass for one...so I was told. (We're pacific islander-Samoan. You know, like Jacob Black's brother-in-law. The one that sister Rebecca married...LOL)
I hope he gets the role. I'll be freaking out if he did!!
That would be awesome! Good luck to him. :)

I hope they get someone good for Aro . .. but they've done great on villains so far, IMO. Too bad Cam's role is done. What color is Aro's hair again? I'm imagining it as white, but I don't have the book with me to check.
alchemist
Settled in Forks

Post by alchemist »

They should get Weta digital do the wolves. That's the company that did Gollum in LOTR and King Kong.
Listen to your heart fly, it's fluttering like a hummingbird's wings.
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Yeah they did do a good job with Gollum, Catherine said they were already trying to figure out the best way to pull off onscreen Giant wolves, so lets hope they accomplish that.