A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Not really. Blood doesn't bother me as long as I'm not the one bleeding.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Not at all. I could tell he was competing for her attention against Mike.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? Agree. I think that's what attracts Bella to Edward. She seems more mature, and more like him.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters I was glad to see Edward more friendly toward Bella.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
To a certain extent, yes. I can't watch those surgery or ER shows on TV, but a tiny cut on my finger doesn't bother me. If I'd been doing the blood typing, it wouldn't have been the blood that would have bothered me, but the needle. I can't watch the news stories on the flu shots, because I get nauseous.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No, I trusted Edward enough to keep calm.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? Agree. At age 5, I was more like Bella than a kindergardner. So I know all about being "an old soul", like Bella and Edward.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? I was wondering how long this new mood would go on for. But in the meantime I was happy to see he was being nice to Bella.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Not tiny amounts like that, but I couldn't be a doctor or in pools of it.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? NO!!!! I thought, "LUCKY!!!! I want Edward to pick me up!"

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? She has been through more so has to take care of herself, but I don't think that emotionally she is a middle-aged person.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He was so polite and amazing and mysterious *swoon* when before he could be stand-offish
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I don't know I haven't been confronted with seeing lots of blood but if i did maybe I would feel queasy, but if its just a little cut I'd just be like 'Oh you're bleeding, here's a plaster' or something. :)

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

Nope, that part is one of the best part of the book, a sort of turning point in their relationship, love how he pushes Mike to one side and looks after her. Awww the perfect gentlemen!

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Disagree, Bella should be asking Edward that! :D

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
Much more relaxed and normal, loved his answer when Bella asked him how he saw her, he was listening to music! You know he was intently listening to her!
cullen1901twilight
Settled in Forks

Post by cullen1901twilight »

do u guys like the person that they picked for sam uley? :? i don't. it looks all wrong.
klili2
Wandering Through Town

Post by klili2 »

Yes! I seem to do okay with my kids and their stuff but I tried to go to nursing school and passed out the first day I had to do an IV.

I have never felt afraid for Bella when she is with Edward. No, I don't think just because there was blood that Bella would be in dager from Edward.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Yeah, as a teacher seeing the youth and remembering my youth she seems just like a junior to me.

I LOVE this chapter!!! Edward starts to warm up to the idea of being with Bella and seems more relaxed and fun.

klili
Thanks emaleth!
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

No I have no problen with blood but it does have a certain smell like she said like salt and something metallic.

No I was smitten I was thinking lucky Bella. No he seemed to be able to control himself pretty well in the hospital whe saw Tyler all bloody.

Well yes seemed more reserved and mature, I remember when I was in high school and I think I was more reserved than allot of the other students I had friends but not close ones and I never got in trouble, but I see some girls now and think boy I really hate high school.

He was begining to show just how interested in Bella he really was, and that he was most defenitly in love with her.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

Most definately. It totally makes me sick to see it/smell it.

No I was not afraid for Bella, I was exctied when Edward came to her rescue.

Yes, most teenagers are not as self-sacrificing as Bella is.

He is beginning to show how much he cares and he is finally opening up to her. I also realized how much he loved his family.
SCSugar
Settled in Forks

Post by SCSugar »

Alphie wrote:1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
No, I have to stick my finger everyday to test my blood sugar. Doesn't bother me at all.
Alphie wrote:2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
I was just relieved he had finally found the restraint to be that close to her. It was good to see the protective side of him.
Alphie wrote:3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
A little I guess. Maybe it's because she spent so many years taking care of her mom, she never really got to be a kid.
Alphie wrote:4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
Hmmmmmmmmm. Good question. I see more humor in him here. Edward loves irony and it made me smile.
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Post by biteme21 »

No, to be honest not at all. I find blood fascinating.. and.. It tastes good to XD

I knew that there was a danger with blood around, but the way Edward laughed it off, i felt reassured that he was in control of himself. Plus no ones blood, not mikes, not anyone in the science lab, is as potent to Edward as Bella's. There's no competition and plus hes so distracted by the fact that Bella might be hurt that that's all he cares about.. for the moment haahh

i totally agree with what he says. Bella seems so much older than she is, much wiser than her years. Shes more like an adult than her mother. taking care of her mother has made her more mature emotionally.

Edward seems...so much more enticing, intruiging and happier. he decides to break the rules and be with Bella but speaking to her and figuring out her secrets fascinates him, it makes him so much more inviting to speak to.