Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
_SteF_
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by _SteF_ »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?

I think it would be amazing to have such a definite feeling bout being made to fit that person like a pizzle piece. The whole thing with having someone to live for and not being able to live with that person has always sang to me.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?

Would make me alil more cautious if i was in one of the females shoes. Sam's story is inspiring it does change my view on him as a strong person.. and admirable for how he helps everyone else through the transition with much more ease.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

No serves him right for being a dumb male lol. Leaving solves nothing in those situations.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

No i dont think so. Jacob understands her feelings towards him better then she thinks.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?

When trouble arises the coordinating and planning is a huge advantage. But never having a private thought could be more frustrating then anything.
love_his_golden_eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by love_his_golden_eyes »

i thought that jacob imprinting was so weird!to be honest i didn't want it to happen especially when renesmee is a little baby but I guess i feel happy that Jacob wasn't left with nothing.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Yes, it was already to painful why make it worse?

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
:lol: she's one of those people who do miss lead but have don't know that they're doing it. I think she has a connection with jacob but not one as strong as with her and Edward.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
Advantage, i guess is that you can always look out for one another, disadvantage is that sometimes a little privacy would be nice! especially if your thoughts are embarrassing. :lol:
waiting for my edward cullen<3

KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I feel that imprinting is okay. You get to find the one person you are in love with. Even though there is a chance that they don't love you back. I think its a cool concept.
2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
I've always felt compasionate towards the wolves. I love them =]. But his story made me feel kind of sorry for Sam. For him to already be in love with someone..and then to turn into a werewolf and not be able to tell her anything. And the fact that he imprinted on someone else, and had to leave her. I thought that it would be horrible if something like that were to happen. It just sucks for the werewolves that thats how things have to be.
Nope. Not at all. Edwards needs to know how Bella was when he left her. Thinking that it would be so much better for her if he did. Maybe that will make it so he wont ever leave her like that again. Knowing that she wont forget about him..
No. I think that Bella just wants Jacob to know how she feels. She wants to still be able to be best friends with her. She wants him to know that she will still be there for him no matter what. But for Jacob it probably gives him false hope. He probably thinks that he still has a chance with her.
The advantages would be that they can tell the others where to meet for a meeting. And in a fight they will know if one of them were hurt, and where they are at. The disadvantages of hearing each others thoughts is feeling the same way they do. Knowing the personal struggles they are going through. They get to feel those emotions too. Its not something I would want.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
MelDSilvers
Settled in Forks

Post by MelDSilvers »

Aw, I thought it was kinda...cute? I don't know, but I think that finding your soulmate is romantic. I like that imprinting thing, it really surprised me.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I don't feel compassion, the imprinting stuff made me love them more lol...I thought it was romantic (having someone give you everything, love you til the end no matter what, to take care of you) But I think about Sam's story individually. I felt bad for Leah, she had an awful time, but it wasn't Sam's fault at all; its a genetical thing.

Mm..I think it was cruel and uncalled for...but, it taught Edward that leaving her was pointless. And also, Jake mad some kind of mistake there; those memories made Edward stay closer to Bella and never leave her ever again.

Of course! I wanted to KICK her lol!! She just made things worst! And also Jacob was a bit pushy haha.

Well, with the mind-reading is easier to plan, state strategies and know the location and health of each wolf of the pack. Disadvantage? Well...I wouldn't like to have a bunch of wolves reading my personal thoughts and ideas..lol in that case, I feel compassion for Leah for being the only female there.
~ Put your faith in what you most believe in ~
Loving Edward, adoring Jacob.

"Edward: He phaised in front of Charlie"
[...]
Jacob: You should've seen his face when I started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless" Breaking dawn.
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I thought it was very interesting and I was a little confused by it at first. But Jacob's story really helped me understand Sam better. I know his past with Leah must have been painful. I was wondering a little bit about Jacob imprinting on Bella. I didn't think he had yet, but that he might in the future? I was a little worried, but I think its kind of cool, the whole imprinting thing.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
I don't know if I feel more compassionate about them as a whole, but I definately feel more compassionate about Sam and his plight personally. I couldn't imagine going through what he went through alone, not knowing what was happeneing and thinking you'd lost your mind. How scary and probably totally enraging also. Then to top it off, he imprinted on Emily, when he had always known Leah to be his true love. What a hard time in his life. I understand his seeming bitterness now.

Yes and no. I couldn't imagine anything more painful for Edward, and Jacob did it for the wrong reason- just to upset and intentionally hurt Edward, but on the one hand, I think its good for him to see how broken Bella really was. I think he knows, but its good for him to see, even a little bit. I might have been better if it had come from Alice or something though, not someone who so thoroughly despised him. I feel bad for Edward, its obvious he feels utterly terrible for his actions in the past, and I know its killing him.

I definately think they say something different than she intends to say. I think she even admits this to herself. That she knows its not a good idea and its only going to encourage with the wrong impression. Jacob doesn't seem to care what her intentions are, I think he's just happy to have that contact with her, but I think Bella is digging herself into a hole she will eventually have to figure out a way to get out of. But on the other hand it seems very natural for her to show affection for Jacob, even though her heart is true to Edward. It seems like Jacob is a drug to her, she needs him, but it would almost be easier/less complicated for her if she didn't.

I think the advantages are the obvious ones, the advantages they have in hunting and being able to communicate with eachother whether they are together or seperate. I also think it is somewhat good to passively be able to share ones thoughts with other people. I think it is somewhat cathartic. There are things that Jacob and the others would probably never dream of consciously sharing with eachother, but I think there is benefit in the fact that they do. It brings them closer together and I think strengthens their bond. Jacob seems to have a pretty good understanding of who his "brothers" are despite knowing some of them for a very short time. I think this has advantages as well.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

I'll admit that I think the whole concept is a little weird. But being the hopeless romantic that I am, I can't help but feel a little bit of envy for those who imprint. To have that level of commitment and love and respect and to feel like... gravity moves. It's amazing. It's magical. It's something that would make life so much more... colorful, I think. And of course it's a little scary and weird, not to have a choice in who you love, but it's like Jake said. In the end, why wouldn't they pick each other? It's like the two people were created for one another.

I always felt a certain level of compassion for the wolves... Sam's story didn't make me feel more compassionate towards the wolves in General, but it certainly did for Sam alone.

Yes! It was so petty! I couldn't believe that he would sink to such extremes.

She's always said something different than she meant to say. That doesn't make it right, but that's always been the way it's been.

They have no secrets from each other... I think that's both an advantage and a disadvantage. Advantage because it must present such an awesome level of understanding for one another. To be able to understand the people who are so close to you with no limitations is quite the ability. But then again, everyone has thoughts they'd rather people not hear, and everyone has thoughts that other people don't necessarily want to hear *cough, Leah*.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
twilightcovvyyy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightcovvyyy »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? I think it's a bad thing and a good thing all at once. I think it's bad because it can hurt other people but I think it's good because it shows you who your soulmate is...

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? Yes his story does make me like the wolves morw and it makes me feel more compassionate towards them because I feel sympathy for him and how hard it had to be for him...

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? I think it was uncalled for and a little mean but I think Edward should know the extent of what he did to Bella even though he feels really bad about it already...

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say? Yes and no, I think that she shouldn't give Jacob any reasons to think that she has feelings for him but I think that it was natural for her because of her friendship with him...

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones? Advantages: They can communicate easier and know when someone needs them faster and know where to find them. Disadvantages:Other people know your deepest thoughts that you don't want to share with anyone.
"I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy!
bkny
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bkny »

- I think its a bit weird since when I read about Leah and Sam's great relationship before he phased i felt bad about Leah...but then again Sam's really happy with Emily so you can't really blame him...but I definitely feel bad for Leah because she was left alone...

- It didn't make me feel any different...i think the wolves are pretty awesome

-I think he wasn't wrong because he is just a kid he just did that cause he really truly cares for Bella since the beginning.

-Yes!!! Bella is just leading Jacob on...that was inconsiderate of her...she is toying with his emotions.

- The good side is that they will always be in tune when bad things happen...the bad side is that they wouldn't get any privacy!
Dazzled.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled. »

I think it's kind of weird. Especially in Sam's case, where he loved Leah and then all of a sudden he just has to love Emily. But, in a sense it's kind of nice because then you know exactly who's meant for you. and who you know will love you in return.

In a way, but then, it's more towards Sam alone. It's his story and it kinda makes you pitty the wolves and their way of life.

Yes. Jacob was just trying to get revenge but it was cruel and mean. He should not have done what he did, no matter how badly he wanted revenge. Especially since he knows how sorry Edward is for having left bella.

Yes, her actions are different from what she means for them to mean. She loves Jacob in a friendly way, but she loved edward much more than that. But, in a way, I think she knows what she is doing, and how it will effect Jacob. I think she probably kind of likes the contact too. Because she does feel for Jacob as well. So, maybe it is a little intentional on her part.

There are no secrets so, everyone knows their tribe member well and if they are in danger it will be easy to find them. Also, seeing as in wolf form they cannot speak, the thought-reading is a good advantage there.

The disadvantages is also that there are no secrets. Their thoughts cannot stay their own and no one can keep secrets from eachother. If you think something mean or rude, everyone will know. So, I'm sure that must suck. Also the fact that Leah loves Sam and they can read eachothers thoughts, I'm sure that's rather unconfortable.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
"Bout time someone scored around here." - Emmett Cullen
Bulldozer Trainee of EDC. Inc
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

Well, I think it sucks if you are already in a relationship. I think it's way disgusting (even with the silly explanation SM/Jacob gave) when infants/toddlers are imprinted. If it ever happened to me I would want it like Jared and Kim.

I love the vampires, but I never hated the wolves. Reading all this, only made my heart break for Leah. (Which is why I wrote my fanfic with her getting a happy ending)

Yes. Edward didn't necessarily need to see what Bella looked like during that time, he already knew. He got from Alice what Charlie had told her. Even if seeing it made a difference, Jacob didn't do it for Edward's benefit. He did it to be cruel and vindictive because he was jealous that Bella chose Edward and not him.

O... M... E... I wanted to kick her tail. IDIOT! She knew she was encouraging him, and continued to do so. She knew how Jacob felt all that time and she should have given him that clean break. Though this is how I feel, it was necessary in the book to make the story complex. Still... I hate Bella. She didn't deserve Edward after all the idiot things she did.

Pretty much what everyone else said.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia