A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter One ~ Party

Post by Riddalyn »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
I knew it was Bella right when I noticed that Gran's facial expressions and Bella's seemed to match, then I was like, "Oh, no, she's gonna freak out." Yes, I knew she was looking in a mirror, though I thought it was silly that she couldn't see Edward. :)

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?
I never really thought it did... but now thinking about it, I realize that she doesn't see Edward next to the old version of herself. Could that be foreshadowing that Edward will leave her?

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?
I just thought it was his standard late night hunting trip.

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?
I had. I thought for sure he'd be more comfortable around her. I actually really, really admired him after the whole Phoenix fiasco, for his ability to be so close to her without losing control. And then he went back to how it was, and that was okay, because he was just trying to be careful.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?
My eyes went wide and my heart stopped. I was like, "Oh. My. God, Edward, get her out." But then, I thought, well, they'll be able to handle it. And then, it happened. That part was so hard for me to read. I love Jasper, he's my favorite Character (Jake, Edward, and Bella aside), and like I said, I had admired him so much for his strength. Reading that part really, really killed me, and I felt bad for Jasper.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?
No! I thought Jasper would apologize and they'd just let it go! I thought, for sure, that it was understood that it was an accident, and Jasper was very sorry, and it wouldn't happen again. I just thought they'd move on.

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?
Half of me did, and half of me was like, no she would never allow it. He wouldn't want to push her.

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?
I kind of thought she was overreacting a bit, but I kind of understood. I would have wanted to avoid my birthday at all costs, too. And at first I was glad they ignored her, but in the end, I wished that they hadn't.

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
Standard Edward. I didn't read too much into it, because we all know he doesn't want to Bella changed. And I wouldn't like Alice to do it either, because who knows what could have gone wrong?
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
iluvuedward
Settled in Forks

Post by iluvuedward »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?

I was really surprised that she was looking in the mirror.

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?

Yes, I think her brain was trying to explain to her that (at the time) she knew she wasn't going to become a vampire.

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?

No, and I think he wasn't there because he thought that she needed some privacy on her birthday.

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?

Maybe Alice told him she was going to cut her finger. I didn't think they were going to be closer.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?

That was creepy. And if it happened to me, I would be freaked out. Alot.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?

Yes, completely. Edward would practically live at her house, even thought he usually does anyway.

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?

I thought so, but apparently I was wrong.

8)What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

Not really, I think I'm actually going to start doing that!

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?

I think he was probably kind of angry.
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I think I figured out when Edward was there and I didn't really see it coming

I think she knew he would always love her even as an old lady, but I think it was more of her fear of growing older than him.

Kinda and I thought he was out hunting.

I kinda had yeah, I was like alright avoiding her again what the heck?

Well, lets just say the reaction really caught me by surprize.

I kinda knew Edward was going to leave :cry:

LOL maybe, sounds like something he would do.

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

yeah I think she was overracting but it is Bella and she hates attention so...*shurgs*

I think he thinks Alice would never betray him like that and all he said was this isn't going to be your last birthday he hasn't totally ruled it out either
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran"was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
Pretty much when Bella did. I was suspicious before that, though.

No, not really. But i thought it was so sweet how Edward really didnt care if Bella got old and turned all wrinkly, he would love her no matter what she looked like.

I was very upset that he wasn't there and i started to worry. I didnt know where he was, and that remains an unsolved mystery to this day, a year later for me.

Yes, i thought he would be closer. The whole Jasper-about-to-attack-any-human-that-gets-in-his-line-of-sight-because-for-some-reason-he-cant-control-himself-even-though-hes-had-years-and-years-of-practice thing has always confused me.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that? I thought, So what, she got cut her finger? just a minor issue, if anything. but ohhhh no. i was a little dissapointed in my Jazzy =[ it was one, teeny weeny drop of blood, and he couldnt handle that? tsk tsk.

I honestly didnt believe that there would be any repercussions. i thought everything would just go back to the way it was. no biggie. but boy was i wrong...

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one? I was hoping he'd buy her a new car! Thatd be really sweet =]

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting? nope, i would be acting the same way. im really self conscious and i can only imagine how much harder it must be being around gorgeous vampires all the time. and i also dont like being a burden to people...but i do enjoy presents, though =]

I thought Bella was being stubborn, in a good way, and that edward was frustrated and perhaps a bit mad because she's so stubborn lol
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
When Bella realized she was looking into a mirror. No, the mirror surprised me.

(If you haven't read Midnight Sun, you might not get the reference)I'm kind of like Emmett in that my thoughts aren't all that deep, so No, I don't think the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fears.

Yes, I was surprised that Edward wasn't there. I have no idea, I thought he either changed clothes while she was deeply asleep or after she woke up.

No, I didn't expect much out of the Phoenix trip where they were concerned, Jasper's too tempted by human blood from what I've seen in Midnight Sun. And he doesn't want Bella scared of him or Edward mad at him.

That's Bella for you, I thought. Can't even open a present without hurting herself. I wasn't expecting Jasper's reaction, but it still makes me nauseous to read of it, I don't like blood and glass and accidents.

I didn't think anything would change.

After the stereo, I was a little suspicious.

I still think she's overreacting.

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
I didn't think anything of what Bella said but Edward's reaction was a little ironic considering the events of Breaking Dawn.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

It was when she said that Edward wrapped his arms around her and looked to see "Gran" having her arm around an invisible person. From Twilight, I knew she had thoughts of her age compared to Edward's "age" of 17. She didn't want to be older than her man no matter how long he had been alive (in both human and vampire life).

Yeah, in a way I can. In Breaking Dawn, Bella became a vampire just a year older than Edward. Though it wasn't a giant age span, this incident foreshadowed that she would somehow be "older" than Edward. =P

Not really, no. Edward probably had to get the car and look as if he had never been there at Bella's house at night (for the neighbor and Charlie's sake). Plus, in Twilight, Edward wasn't always there when she woke up on school days. ;)

Edward told Bella in Twilight that Jasper had just joined their family and it was difficult for him to adapt. Then, after you read in Eclipse Jasper's past, you understand more of it. Besides that point, I can see that Jasper was just trying to take precautions until Bella had been there longer and he had grown used to her scent without it tugging at his throat.

I was stunned at the paper cut. I was like, "No Bella! Cover it up quick!!" then it was like, "Too late. .". I knew that once she cut herself, something was going to happen and it wasn't going to be a good birthday party after all. XP

From Edward's awkward words and actions towards Bella, I was thinking that he would never allow Jasper even a yard near Bella. Though it was only Jasper and everyone else would get to see her, it just wouldn't be fair. He was only going by his vampire instincts. Poor Jasper. .

Hmm.. I guess I kinda did. He always mentioned it to her and, being Edward, I knew he would either fix up her truck to be really nice or just buy her a fancy car like the Volvo. ;)

I'm sure she was just really worried about another incident that would endanger anyone or her Edward. I can see her point but she could have at least just gave in to just a couple of things.

I knew Edward would be upset at that! He knew that she knew he didn't like that subject but, I guess the only way for her to get her way would be to bug him. At least, maybe that's what she thought.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I figured when she said that gran was holding her arm at an awkward angle like she was hugging someone that wasn't there. No I didn't see it coming, but it scared me too I thought it was the worst nightmare.

I think that it did foreshadow her worst fears. She wants to stay with Edward for ever who is eternally 17 and she wants to stay the same age with him so they can live eternally 17 together but it seems that it's not going to happen so her fears show up in her nightmares of her growing old and Edward staying eternally beautiful and young.

Yeah I was, I didn't understand why he didn't stay over it was a special day, although everyday with Edward is a special day. Maybe he did stay over and left before she got up. Or maybe he was getting her present ready.

I did but I understand that he is just being careful he still has more of a dificult time with resisting. I don't think Edward would mind if he got closer.

I wasn't sure that something that bad would happen. I couldn't believe it, I guess now we know how bad it could get. I understand why Edward asked Jasper to keep his distance in the first place he was just trying to avoid something like this, he knew how hard it was for Jasper but he also knew that he wouldn't counsciously hurt Bella.

Yeah I figured that he would probably asolate her from Jasper specially , but just for a little while. Until things smoothed over.

No he respected Bella's wishes. He knew that if he did not only would she not accept it but she would be mad and he want's to make her happy, not mad, specially on her birthday.

Cool What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

No I wouldn't want to celebrate my birthday too. She wanted to be the same age as Edward, even though she knows that he is older than her but he is still 17 he will stay 17. And she is now "a year older" than he is.

I knew he would over react as he usually does when it comes to things like this. He want's Bella to stay human and he is not willing to compromise. He won't let his family give her what she wants.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming? When she looked in the mirror, but I wasn't surprised. It was very dream-like.

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not? No, just the old part.

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there? They couldn't spend every night together, so I assumed he was hunting or something of the sort.

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip? I expected it, with him being new and all to the veggy lifestyle.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that? I was scared, and then shocked.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more? I thought Jasper would be in lock-down mode.

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one? No.

Cool What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

After the dream I realized it and I was kind of surprised to be honest.

I just really think it was her fears, I don't think there's anything else to foreshadow really.

Yeah I was so surprised. It really upset me because I knew something was up.

I thought he would be able to control himself more now that they really got to know each other, so I was expecting more of a closeness.

I was surprised and sad because I knew something was going to happen.

I was hoping that she wasn't going to be able to spend time at the house at the very most.

No, I didn't think he would yet.

No, not really. That's just the way she is, if I were in her position though I would have loved to celebrate my birthday.

I think he knew deep down that she wouldn't do it but he was probably worried about how persistent Bella was about the idea.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
FoundMyEdward0510
Settled in Forks

Post by FoundMyEdward0510 »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
I did NOT see that coming. It threw me off when she saw it. That would have terrified me though.

I don't. I'm not sure what else it would foreshadow.

I was suprised he wasn't there, but I just figured he was hunting. I was hoping he'd give her something special for her birthday that needed extra control. ;)

I think he would have been even more distant because he actually started caring for her as a sister, and he did not want to harm her.

I didn't think anything of it until Edward slammed into her. That's when I realized something bad was going to happened.

I had a BAD feeling it would be the straw that broke the camel's back for Edward. I always knew he'd do whatever he needed to save her. I knew she wouldn't be over there anymore.

I thought he bought her a super hightech flashy new car! But what he gave her was so much better.

I think she was overreacting, but I understand not wanting to make a big deal. She shouldn't expect something, but if someone was doing something to be nice to her, she should take it and be thankful.

I figured she meant Alice biting her. I think Edward knew Alice didn't have te willpower to do it, so he was scared she'd pressure alice and then Alice would end up killing Bella. I can see that upsetting him. lol