Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by Bizarre Star »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:I love the Weasley twins! They never fail to crack me up!!

Fred... :cry:
*starts whimpering* I can't hear the name Fred without breaking out into tears.

(BTW, Love your icon <3 )
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

Bizarre Star wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:I love the Weasley twins! They never fail to crack me up!!

Fred... :cry:
*starts whimpering* I can't hear the name Fred without breaking out into tears.

(BTW, Love your icon <3 )
ahh, same here, same here.
why JKR why?!?

:) thanks
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Conzoni al vento wrote:Does anyone else in here think that HP is abit of a desperate case and extremely unseeing of what he has?
I mean if i were him i would be perfectly hapy with the family i had. He HAS a family. Hermione, ron, hagrid, eventually Siriuss. and all the order people are like his family too! The weasleys ESPECIALLY. I think it's just downright rude that harry is going on about not having anyone when they are taking him in and loving him as one of their own. ..
does anyone agree?
That's like my only problem with him.
I really don't agree. It's been about a year since I've read the series and I'm a little rusty, but I never saw Harry as "unseeing". He's not ungreatful. He knows he has great friends and supporst system. He especially knows this up until around Book 5. That's when he doesn't quite appreciate his blessings[then Sirius dies and well... :cry: ]. But by Book 7, after all that the three of them go through, he fully understands what he has and appreciates it more than he ever has.

If you want to talk about a real problem Harry has.... look at his hero complex. He has the biggest hero-complex EVER. It's even worse because we know why. He's been crowned "The Boy Who Lived" and the one who stopped "You Know Who" BEFORE he even knew of the wizarding world! With such titles, of course he's going to feel pressured to stop evil. But I think he kind of let it get to his head a little bit and took a bit TOO much credit. Hermione has saved both his and Ron's hide too many times to count. Though he claims "I never asked for all of this!" That might be so Harry, but I think you like it, at least just a little bit. ;)
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
luv_edward_cullen

Harry definitely owe a lot to Ron and Hermoine. Just count how many times they saved his butt in Deathly Hallows.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Go Ron and Hermione!!!
The only thing that annoys me about Harry is how much he YELLS. I understand it, but its still a bit pointless and annoying. Therefore, I blame his testosterone.
*sniffles* Pooooooor Freddy... we miss thee.
When he died, I went into shock. And cried. I was tearing up for the last like, 5 chapters.
And I didnt at all during BD... OH WAIT! Maybe thats cuz NO ONE DIED.
*sighs* 'snot my fault I like giant battle scenes....
Oh, and what about Colin Creevy? He died! I was SAD!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Go Ron and Hermione!!!
The only thing that annoys me about Harry is how much he YELLS. I understand it, but its still a bit pointless and annoying. Therefore, I blame his testosterone.
Haha! I LOVE Harry's tantrums. They're so very amusing. ESPECIALLY when Fred and George mock him. They make/made everything so funny.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

So I was just on MuggleNet, and for those of us that are about 16 and up, they have something interesting for the anniversary of Sorcerer's Stone. Basically, you write how you discovered Harry. I say for 16 and up because it's 10 years ago so those of us that started reading 8-10 years ago were really there for when it started. There are more details on the site; what to include and such. I know I'm going to send something in and I thought maybe you guys would like to check it out if you didn't already know. Check out the mugglenet.com main page for the full story!
Haha! I LOVE Harry's tantrums. They're so very amusing. ESPECIALLY when Fred and George mock him. They make/made everything so funny.
Ahhh, yes. You mean CAPS-LOCK HARRY. Haha. That's basically what he is throughout book five.
Last edited by a_n_n_a on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
luv_edward_cullen

It was ridiculous how many people died in DH!!! But I guess thats what made it believable. I've never cried so much over a book.
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

i was fully bored so i started reading HP again
im reading GOF right now..i cant help picturing rob as cedric now..its very hard not to do
and i really noticed how the language and style of the books changed--especially between the 3rd and 4th books
like in the first 3 she used to do this intro to harrys ife thing..like harry was a wizard blah blah he discovered this when blah his parents hadnt died in a car crash..killed by dark wizard etc etc
then i think its not in GOF and definitly not in any after GOF
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

It's going to be great coming Christmas. The Twilight Guide AND Tales of Beedle the Bard.

I'm still mad that they moved Half-Blood Prince to next summer. Grrr. It's bugging me still. Stupid WB. *Kicks it.*