Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Preface

Post by Alphie »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Re: Preface

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
Haha, as usual is right! It always seems like someone is trying to hurt Bella...
I was hoping and praying that Bella would escape death again. I felt like her life had been so tough throughout the series with various different vampires trying to do her off that I was praying from the moment I got the book that Bella and Edward (and all of our other favorite characters) would get their happy endings (Jacob included).

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
This preface killed me! I read it in Barnes and Noble the day that the special edition of Eclipse came out; I think the people sitting around me thought that I was crazy because I was probably making the most ridiculous faces! I couldn't begin to think who this person could have been: any of the Cullen's? Jacob? Edward?! any of the other boys from the La Push pack? My mind was literally going nuts as I waited for Breaking Dawn to come out! But when I finally figured out who the preface was talking about I was in shock because I totally did not see that coming...

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

I really didn't think that Meyer would kill of the main character, but you never really know.

I thought Edward was gonna almost kill her or something...luckily that didn't happen.
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

Ok in the preface I immediatly assumed she was talking about the transformation and talking about Edward. I mean throughout Eclipse Jacob kept telling her that when she changed she wuld be dead I think part of her believed it that she was not apart of the living any longer.
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real? Well...if it was an outside force that she was talking about, I assumed that she would survive. But my initial thought was that she was talking about Edward changing her into a vampire, so technically, no she wouldnt survive that.

I thought she was talking about Edward changing her into a vampire, hence the 'killing' thing.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Was confused by this part. Part of me thought that she may just end up dead because of everything that had happened so far. It totally surprised me it wasn't who I thought that was causing her to think that.

Edward to be honest. I thought she had what Jacob had told her on her mind.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I knew she would escape but I wasn't quite sure of what would be putting her in this position.

I had nooo idea. I also thought it was something to do with her turning into a vampire, that is until Jacob's book.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I thought it would be real because it was the last book. I also thought that what ever was killing her, Edward would kill it for her and save her, basicly like he did in the last books.

I thought it ment that Edward was going to turn her into a vampire.
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I figured she would survive. She always does, although this time I was a bit more nervous than usual, because of my second answer:
Okay, I was absolutely POSITIVE that she was talking about Jacob. After reading, re-reading, analyzing, and re-analyzing, I was sure that it meant that she was changed into a vampire, and Jacob instinctively hated her and was attacking her, and she didn't want to fight back. Of course, after coming to this (false) conclusion, I was more excited that she would be changed than worried about the fact that she was facing death. I was like, ahh, she'll be fine. She's a vamp, and she's got 7 more vamps on her side. Whatever.
Although, after reading the whole book, I realized that attacking vampires was like vampires attacking humans. Yes, it's instinctual, but it can be avoided, and I feel kind of silly for coming to the conclusion that Jacob was killing her. :?
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
kellycullen
Settled in Forks

Post by kellycullen »

I hoped she would escape. I was a nervous wreck going into Breaking Dawn.

I assumed she was talking about Edward...or at worst, Jacob. I didn't expect her to have a child.