A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 17 ~ The Game

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response?

I thought Bella was kinda rude, but then again Billy was being overlly protective in my opinion

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?

I thought he did a pretty good job...I loved the which one is he comment and how he called him by a different name, it made me laugh.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?

Oh definitly, she'd attract danger no matter what.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.

No I think it was pretty obvious and it was cute the way he said it.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?

not really, I liked her more after learning about her, I love Esme, she's the most human.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I thought Bella was kind of rude, but I was also terrified he'd find Charlie and tell him something he shouldn't.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?

It was all right. My Dad would probably be worse on my first boyfriend, so Charlie seemed pretty cool.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?

I always think Edward's too hard on himself, he loves her, he wouldn't do anything to hurt her (or himself)

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.

It didn't feel off-handed to me, it felt very true, deep and loving.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?

No, I still liked her because she's motherly (like me). Another character I can relate to.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

I totally agreed with Bella when she told him to keep out of her business, no matter if Charlie was his best friend or not! She could take care of herself! Plus, none of the werewolves would give the Cullens the chance to show them they could be "good" vampires. Honestly, I was pretty upset at Bill. =/

LOL It was okay. I've never dated anyone but I know that's pretty much how my dad will act when I do bring my future boyfriend home. :oops: But, it was nice of Charlie to not say too much and it was just a quick greeting. =)

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is too hard on himself?
Of course he is! He is underestimating how good he can be at things by discriminating everything he does.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly?
Not really. =) Those three words are the most beautiful in the world and, no matter how it came out, it was beautiful!

Nope. =D She was still the sweetheart of a mom to me.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I thought Billy should mind his own business and leave Bella and Edward alone. :lol: At first I thought it was a bit out of character for Bella to act so 'brutal' towards Billy, but then again, I realized that she Edward means the world to her and that makes her do things she normally probably never would do.

Yeah, I did. I thought it was rather funny.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is too hard on himself?
Yup, I really think he is. He hasn't killed Bella even while he's had the chance so that's a good thing. Not a lot of vampires would be able to do that so he should give himself some credit.

Disappointed?! It was heart-warming! They were having this really serious discussion and then he suddenly says those three words. Him saying 'I love you' at that moment makes those words much more powerful than if they'd be said in a cheesy moment where you'd expect them because then it would seem like something he'd be supposed to say to make everything more shiny and sweet. By saying it at this moment he made it clear he actually MEANT those words. Right?

To me she went from more of an unimportant character to a strong mother figure with a great heart for her 'children'. I really admired her honesty.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Billy and his intruding all the time bothered me. I know he was trying to be helpful and keep her safe but I hated it.

Yeah, it was his daughter bringing a boy for the first time. Its normal.

Yes.

No.

I liked her the whole time. Nothing changed.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I think that she was right in setting him straight letting him know that it's her life and she will do with it as she pleases, I would to if I had Edward. But I also understand Billy's point of view he just wants to protect Bella, she is his best friends daughter and an innocent human being.

Yeah he was polite and straight forward. He liked the fact that Bella was dating someone but as any father he was also very concerned about his daughter.

He is too hard on himself but it just shows that he loves her so much that it torments him to even think about her being hurt, specially by him.

No I because he didn't have to think about it he was just stating a fact. It was sweet.

No I already thought of her as a motherly, family loving type she just became more human in a sense if you know what I mean.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response? He knew what was up and knew about the Cullens. It was both almost like a secret code or something.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home? Yes.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself? YES!!! He's too amazing.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly. Kinda, but since it was in normal convo it seemed like it meant more, like something natural instead of a big proclamation never to be expected...if that makes sense.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her? I felt bad for her! Losing her baby *sniff* I could understand her motherly feelings.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

He just cares about her and I thought she was kind of rude. He just knows everything and is trying to protect her. It wouldn't change my mind but she should be more respectful. I felt bad for him haha.

Yeah, there's really no real way to handle it. I thought it was reasonable.

I really do think he is too hard on himself. It's obvious that he can handle himself.

I loved it. I love every single way he expresses himself towards her whether it's flat out saying "I love you" or by explaining how he feels. :)

Nothing really changed because I really loved her. I feel like I could understand her more though, which was good I loved getting to know the characters.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response? I hated Billy at the point, and it wasn't until New Moon that I started to like him again.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home? I laughed.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself? Of course, but he'll learn.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly. No, because the first time I ever told my boyfriend of two years that I loved him it was off-handed. So I could relate.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her? I loved Esme instantly.
Team Vampire.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response? I really haven't like Billy from the start, just for the fact that he hated the vampires (of course). And I just couldn't believe he was basically saying, "Don't go around the Cullens" and expecting her to listen like HE is her father.

No, actually thought was perfectly fine. In fact, my father would have probably done worse! He would have had a gun locked, loaded, pointed in his direction, AND then start drilling him with a million questions.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?Oh, absolutely! He loves her so much and doesn't want to do anything to hurt her, but somehow in each book he ends up doing it. He will learn, eventually.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly? No, I think that's what makes it "real" to someone and I think it was a great way for him to say it.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her? I can relate a little bit to what she felt when she lost her child (my sister lost her child a while back), and I think that it just made me empathize more. I instantly loved her.