Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 23 ~ Monster

Post by mistytwilight85 »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?

Well I was thinking either the meadow scene or the drive from port angeles? But I have no clue.

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent?

I seriously have no clue. Probably said something about how much he means to her, and that she needs to see him, and coming from Edward, he would see that he meant it.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?

Yea I have. Bella hasn't ever had a "real" kiss before. Edward can kiss her, but not like she wants to be kissed. I think it kind of took her by suprise when he frenced her, she liked it.

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?

Don't really know. Maybe because Bella found she does love Jacob, and knows that she is hutring Edward and Jacob. Maybe because Jacob said he would go off and die in the fight knowing how Bella would feel. No idea. Just guesses.
Alice_Cullen_101
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Cullen_101 »

1.Edward states his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never specifically states her best night ever. What do you think she would choose?
I would have to go with...Def the drive back for Port Angeles.
2.What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent?
I really..Don't know. Something about..Um..Space heater? Or get the parka.
3.Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob's kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your reaction to someone's kiss or even just a hand hold?
Parents won't let me date.
4.The title of chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
They're all pretty much feeling like monsters. Bella because she found out shes in love with Jake, but not enough to make a difference, the whole 'I can't fight with an eclipse' thing, and all they'll end up doing is hurting each other way more than they need. Jacob knows that he guilted Bella in to kissing him, which can end up in two ways. The best one. Bella found out she was in love with him, but it didn't change and it still left the fact that he was tricking her. But like he said, he had to use his advantages. Edward had too much.
With Edward, its the fact that he knows that Bella likes Jake, but loves him way more, which makes him..Happy? But, he also knows that it is making her unhappy.
OMT!!
Its cheese!
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?
I dont think her best night ever has happend yet. She is going to be really happy when she is actually a part of his family.

Im not really sure what Edward said to Jacob. All I know is that it had to be something good because Jacob was really upset.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
Yes. The first time I kiss my Fiance, I couldn't believe how amazing it felt.

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
Maybe because Bella was thinking that she was a horrible person . For all of the pain she has caused Jacob. I would call myself a monster if I was causing someone that much pain.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Twilove

Post by Twilove »

I really dont know but if i were her i would choose the night she agreed to get married too but thats just me

he probebely just said a lot of mean things to him idk im just guessing lol

yes i have because you might not think that you have an attraction to that person until your phisiccaly close to them and you feel that connection

Because Bella felt like a monster she was leading jacob on making him believe that he did have a chance with her when really she would never leave Edward and with making Edward back out on the fight just so she could be happy im sure anyone would feel like a monster if they were in that mess
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

The night of Port Angeles or the first night she dreamt of Edward? or, possibly, the night of their first kiss?

Bella is in pain, Bella is cold, something of that sort.

Hmm.. nope. :)

Because Bella felt like one for being mean to Jake.
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
sarahp
Settled in Forks

Post by sarahp »

In my opinion, Bella's favorite night may have been the night they spent alone together at E's house although her attempts at seducing him did not go as planned.

I would believe,"Bella wants to tell you good-bye-- go see her. "

First of all--- Wow, who woulda thought a kiss could last 5 pages ;) Hand holding is an example. When someone slides their hand down to hold your hand, you feel the electricity as your hands connect, fingers intertwined-- the spark that is being ignited.

She is describing Bella's actions, for her to keep both E and J dangling at her feet-- telling them she loves them both.
I was a vampire, and she had the sweetest blood I’d smelled in eighty years.

"No!" I protested. "What?" Edward whispered. "Wait til he hangs his gun up!"
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I think that it would be a toss up between the first night Edward ever spent the night and the night that they return from Italy.

I have no idea and I have always wondered about this. Perhaps something like if you really care about Bella you will go back and let her say what she needs to say.

Sadly, no. The only relationship I have ever been in was doomed from the start; we were way too different and way too similar at the same time; does that even make sense? Well, it does in my mind.

Simple. In this chapter, Bella feels like a monster for hurting Jacob and making Edward stay with her while the fight is going on.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Either the flight home from Italy or the night after.

I have no idea, but I'd love to know.

Not really.

No idea.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

It's a toss up, The night she accepted Edward's marriage proposal or the night after their return from italy.

I have no idea

no i havn't

Because it is what Bella thought about herself for the way she was behaving.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose? I think she would choose the 1st night he stayed w/ her the whole time after the day in the meadow where Edward sparkled. <3 *heart melts*

That he'll keep on fighting for Bella until it kills him.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold? I GOT SOOOOOO ANGRY W/ THIS! I'm so sorry I don't wanna debate but that kiss made me wanna pull Jacob Black's furry hair out of his head! :evil: :evil: :oops: That kiss just made me shocked. But I understand how hard it was for Bella. Yes I have been plesantly surprised. And a word for Jake...KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF BELLA OTHERWISE ME AND EDWARD WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! lol

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this? Because Bella thought she was a monster for causing the 2 people she loves pain.