Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Evasion

Post by lag28wa »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
OMG! Make me feel OLD why don't you! 7 years already! Anyways, I don't think there was nearly as much trepidation about graduating in my life as there was in Bella's. I know Bella wants nothing more than to become a vampire and be with Edward forever, but she's definitely feeling reserved about it. Not second thoughts or anything, just anxiety. I was anxious about graduation in a super excited way. At that point I already knew where I was going to college and who I was living with. I knew what I was going to major in and I had plans, man. Haha. I always felt a little bit more mature than the rest of my peers- don't get me wrong, I can be plenty immature, even to this day, but I always had wanderlust I think. I was ready to branch out and do something different. Where as all of my friends were looking forward to coming back to our home town as soon as possible, I was vowing to get out of it, forever. I definitely was itching to spread my wings and find new horizons! Of course 7 years later, and having lived in several different states already (thank you military!) I miss home DEARLY. And sometimes I think that maybe my friends wanting to live in our hometown all their lives wasn't so crazy after all! But no, getting out and doing something new has definitely made me a better person! Soooo, in some ways, with the leaving and all, it was a bit similar. But much of it was not the same, Phew! That was long!

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen?
I figured she had seen something regarding Victoria or the Volturi, at least at first, and the more that Edward and Alice seemed to remain calm about it, after blowing Bella off about it, I calmed down and thought that if it was something that serious, they wouldn't be so calm. But I was so suspicious because it was so obvious that Edward was trying to distract her! Um, hello, the kissing! I felt light-headed after that!

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
Definitely. But I wasn't really sure what they were. It occurred to me that he might be trying to get her away from sort of temporary danger, but he seemed entirely too calm about it. I mean, Edward is usually ferocious in his protecting of Bella, so i kind of would have expected something more like that if she was in real danger. Then I suspected that Edward just really wanted Bella to see her mom before she was changed and wouldn't be able to see her for a really long time, or ever again for that matter! So I wasn't totally sure what his motives were, but I thought they were not innocent at all.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
LMAO! OMG! Alright, so I think me and my brother received the initial talk when we were very young. Kind of a "Where do babies come from thing?" Probably before we were in grade school actually. Via some cartoon books my mom got at the library or something. I don't recall getting talked to about it again until I was probably a junior in high school and my brother would have been a freshman. We were on a family camping trip and I don't know how it got brought up, but we were sitting around the campfire and I think our parents attempted to say something. My parents are not modest at all. They say it like it is. Anyways, at this age, we'd pretty much learned everything through our peers, TV, and the internet, so we just laughed and were like "Seriously?" so then my mom offered 'Well why don't you tell us what you DO know, and we'll fill in the blanks?" Which was hideously embarassing of course and led my brother and I into giggles. I think we told her that there wasn't anything we didn't know (and there practically wasn't I don't think) and it was dropped shortly after, but only after several lewd jokes were made. Haha. My parents have been trying to embarass me with things like this since I was born. I am immune to embarassment, people meeting my parents for the first time think they're nuts because they are so brazen and no-holds-barred, but it all rolls off my back now. Haha. I thought Charlie trying to give Bella the "talk" was excessively HILARIOUS!

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
I didn't really think so. Because I'm sure I would have been the same way! I mean I would be upset at what he did and probably a little hurt, but I would find it hard to stay mad at him for too long. At least not mad enough to make me want him to stay away for a night. I can identify with loving someone so much that even though you are ticked at them, you still want them near!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
Wow.
I'm about to get sad, lol. Seems like yesterday. All through H.S. I was so ready for it to be over, then when Graduation time was approaching I was like, OMG this went by fast!
I was really anxious and ready to get started with life, I was nervous to. Bella just had this whole "whatever" attitude about. She was just so ready to be a vamp and live happily ever after with Edward.

IDUNNO.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
I knew he was stalling and trying to keep Bella a human for as long as possible.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
I never got "the talk". I pretty much knew all there was to know at an early age. And what I had questions on, I'd ask questions from peers or other adults that I felt comfortable with.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
I'm not sure.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I was fine, I was reading my HP books. It only sunk into me that it was the end of relative safety for me, my future more in my own hands as it was out. Bella seemed to know where hers would eventually lead.

It had almost anything to do with Bella.

A little. There had to be a point as to why he told Charlie about the tickets.

My "talk" has come through what I've learned in class about doing the nasty. I would be just as grossed out as Bella if my dad sat me down for "the talk".

I think it was a little soon, but she felt more comfortable with Edward sleeping next to her.
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

Unfortunately, I just recently had to end my high school days to get my GED. No judgie, I did what I had to do. I don't know what it feels like to graduate. :'(

Just her running off to La Push and Edward getting mad or something.

I thought, of course, that he was trying to keep her from La Push.

Haha, mine was totally different. First of all, I was eleven. Second, it was my mom. My mom told me we were going to the mall, and on the way, she bombarded me with it. Most embarrassing thing ever. We never even went to the mall... after she had finished, we turned around and went home. *grumble*

Probably not. She could never hold a grudge, and he's just trying to keep her safe, no matter how unreasonable.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
twilightcovvyyy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightcovvyyy »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's. I haven't graduated yet...

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen? I had no idea what she had seen but I didn't think that Edward was being honest

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were? I had a feeling he had a reason for suddenly bringing them up besides the reason he gave but I didn't know what the reason was...

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk". haha I haven't gotten "the talk" yet...

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob? No. I mean he was just worried about her and who couldn't forgive him???
"I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

Um... I never graduated :oops: I went 4 yrs later and got a GED so I could go to college.

I knew it was something about Victoria.

Yes, I knew he was trying to get her away because of Alice's vision.

Um... I never got 'the talk'. They figured 5th grade sex ed, and 6th grade sex ed was enough. Maybe this is why I got pregnant at 16? lol

Not in my opinion. Then again, I didn't think Bella should be going to La Push anyway. Not because I had anything against the wolves or Jacob, just that it hurt Edward, and gave Jacob false hope leading to hurting Jacob too.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

Both me and Bella wanted to get gratuation over with in order to move on to a new, more exciting, chapter of our lifes. However, I was excited about college, and Bella is only excited about being a vampire.

I wasn't sure what Alice saw. I'm really bad at picking up on hints of foreshadowing..

I didn't suspect that he had any ulterior motives....

I never got "the talk" lol well I got one in health class but I don't count that...

Yes she did. she shouldn't have opened the window because the tells Edward thats its ok to mess with her car
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I was nervous, too, I hate crowds and get performance anxiety very easily.

The Volturi or Victoria.

Nope, not suspicious her.

I never got "the talk". Lucky me! :D

Nope. I was surprised, but it's Bella (she doesn't hold grudges easily) and she loves Edward too much to be mad at him.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I was only nervous about graduation because I do not like being in front of large crowds because with my luck I would have fallen or something (which I didn't, thank God!). But other than that I was so excited to graduate. I was done with the whole thing and with most of the people.

I really don't remember what I thought! It was too long ago!

Making Bella realize that she would have to give up two of the people that she loves most, her mother and father, in order to become a vampire. He was probably trying to make her want to stay human longer.

I don't really remember getting the talk that much. I know that it came from my mom not my dad so it wasn't as awkward.

No, I don't think so. I think that Bella understood both sides very well.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I was really excited to graduate and move past high school, so I guess it was similar. Obviously not for the same reasons though.

Something horrible, I guess either Victoria or Volturi. I knew that it was really bad when Edward couldn't even lie without giving something away.

It was pretty obvious to me that he was trying to take her away from whatever danger was coming.

I don't even think I've gotten the talk per se, but my mom did tell me if I were to have premarital relations she would break my legs hahaha. Does that count?

No, I thought it was typical Bella to be honest haha.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.