1) What were your first impressions of this section?
I just knew I had to pay attention this time, because it would matter later.
Also, I was thinking, if it's such an important life or death situation, why is Alice hiding from the sun?
2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
I didn't know what brought her there. In the middle of the book, I was speculating, and reasoned out that the Cullens had moved to Florida (Really. It made sense at the time.) So that's where I thought they were.
3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
I got the impression there were multiple vampires wanting to kill them. I was just wondering how they managed to accumulate more enemies so quickly.
4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward?
Yes. The way she said it was more important than her own life. That's the way Bella always thinks about Edward.
5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall?
Well, earlier in Twilight, she would have fallen, but I honestly think she's gotten less clumsy (and I mean that in a bad way, that her clumsiness has been inconsistent.) She managed to run all the way the the ballet studio in Twilight without falling, so she had a fighting chance here of staying upright.