Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BreakingDawn<3
Settled in Forks

Re: Preface

Post by BreakingDawn<3 »

Yeah. It's about Bella's daughter, Renesmee. How she loved her unborn child to death although the baby was pretty much killing her -- breaking her ribs, pelvis, and spine, causing her not to be able to eat and have to drink blood, throwing up constantly, causing her extreme pain -- but no matter what Edward and Carlisle thought was best, she was going to keep the baby and have it. She loved the baby, who was killing her. Since she was inside of her she could not run or fight. This is what the preface was about.
Hope I helped! (:
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

When I first read the preface, I totally thought that she was talking about Edward, whom she loved, and her transformation into a vampire, when she "dies." Renesmee was such a suprise!

Love,
*Wanderer*
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
no.i never really thought bella would die...stephenie meyer always seemed to be a happy ending kinda girl...=] and thank God for it.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
i kinda thought it was jacob...i mean he was so extremely hurt by her choice and she loved him...boy was i wrong...lol
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real? I thought she would escape death--not SM's style to kill characters

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about? Jacob.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

No, I knew she would escape. If Stephenie was going to kill a main character, she would have lead up to it in other books by killing off (non-evil) more minor characters, but still major enough for their death to hurt. And I knew Stephenie wouldn't to that to us, or herself.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?

Well, Edward, obviously. He was the only one I could think of that she loved that much (I can't believe I didn't think of Jacob! I am SO STUPID! I thought Edward had lost control during the transformation, and maybe bit her too much, or was drinking her blood, or whatever . . . or maybe the Volturi forced him to with Alec's power (which I didn't know about then). I thought maybe Alec's power would be to control people, kinda like the imperius curse in HP.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
mazimendes
Settled in Forks

Post by mazimendes »

Alphie wrote:1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

I thought she would escape because I belivied she would became a vampire.

At first, I thought it was the process of her becoming a vampire. With Edward bitting her and she feeling the pain. She was thinking that she was dying in the hands of Edward, and there was nothing she could do at the moment... I was totaly wrong, of course...
"Você me ama"

"Sinceramente, amo"
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I thought that she would escape, I mean c'mon! It's Edward and Bella.

I didn't even know. lol I thought that maybe Jacob was killing her, especially after I read that QOTD where Seth said "Jacob let her go, you're hurting her" Or something like that.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! "Breaking Dawn" discussions!!!!!!!

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real? I really thought it was going to end this time. I knew she'd be turned, but I figured she'd by dying, too.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about? I thought it was Edward drinking her blood...honestly. A baby was never even on my radar for this story!!
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

Bella has such tragic life - always worried about dying. although this was different...i figured it was Edward in the transformation...she wanted it so bad!

i wasn't expecting who it was at all! I tried to stay away from what people are saying I really wanted to read it for my self no outside influence.
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

Of course I thought she'd escape. What kind of ending would her dying be??

Naturally, I thought it was Edward while turning her into a vampire.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT