Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by natterss707 »

Yeah that is true.. they could slim everything down but then we'll be missing all of the stuff with the pack and stuff from Jacob's POV. I like the first and third book the best from breaking dawn though. It would definitely be a very long movie. Personally, I would hate to see it be made into two different movies - I would be soo anxious while waiting for the second movie to come out. But who knows what they'll do with this if it becomes a movie. There's so much substance it will be interesting to see what they include. I hope they don't miss the best parts!!!
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
alchemist
Settled in Forks

Post by alchemist »

I hope tthey don't make two movies of it. The first two books in BD are practically about the wedding and Bella being pregnant. The actual plot starts only in the third books, so the first movie would be left really thin.
Listen to your heart fly, it's fluttering like a hummingbird's wings.
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

Renesmee is gonna be sooo hard to do, because baby's just don't function like that.
They'll probably have to get a really young actress to play her, or even CGI :(
I don't know, but that'll be hard!

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

I'm not sure how they should do it ...one movie or two....I just hope they do all the books as movies!! I am chomping at the bit already for New moon.....we have so long to wait!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Oh PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE don't cgi Renesmee.*shudder*

They should just get a small toddler to play her.
ImageImage
E<3B
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

My mom though that they should use sisters to play Renesmee. Like have one that's a baby for when she's younger then the baby's sister as her as a toddler then just use her. I don't know if that would work, but*shrug*
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i don't think a normal toddler would do.
Maybe a normal toddler for the base. and then CGI the rest? because nessie has this lean, adult body as stated in the books.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I'm torn on whether it should be one or two movies. The book is too long to make one film, but at the same time I don't think there is enough to make the two films.

The wedding and (part of the) honeymoon need to happen for the movie to make any sense. Most of the first bit of the book can be done as added scenes for the DVD release because it's not essential to the over all plot. The 'before' car can just be made reference to in the movie, and if the scene with J and Max is included, just show the 'after' car as Bella, Nessie and Jacob go to get into the Volvo.

Most of the second book fleshes out Jake's character, but at the same time I can't see how it would be important to the final battle. It does answer some questions, like why Jake's pack are at the Cullen's, but I think a lot of that can be cut (don't hate). The one scene I find really important in Jake's book is the part where Bella goes into labour and Edward goes to change her.

If it is two movies I think it should cut out just as Bella goes into labour, but that would make the first half really borning. It would also mean that there would need to be some sort of reminder of what happened at the start of the second one.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I watched an interview with SM on MTV.com and she said that if they make BD into a movie then it would most likley be two movies.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I would love to see this book in movie form, but I think that there are lots of things in the book that would make it very difficult to make/cast:

First, Reneesme. She is too intelligent of a baby to be played by a human baby/toddler. And I fear CGI since usually these characters end up looking very unrealistic and I feel like this would almost ruin the movie.

Second, Bella as a vampire. I feel like it would be very, very difficult to make Bella look like a vampire and like a Cullen, but I guess that that's why there are professional make-up/costume people out there.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun