Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Aro

Post by Riddalyn »

Okay, before I go into detail, let me get one thing out of way:
I absolutely love Aro. Like, a lot.
I have this strange thing for Villains, and Aro is my favorite.

You can always tell with him that there is something under his carefully composed facade. He's so smiley and eager to listen to anything anybody has to say. He is sickly sweet with false kindness. He puts on a face, a show. He says he wants peace (he says that A LOT, and I wanted to beat the peace out of him), but he really wants war... like Garrett (who, by the way, I would marry if I could, and that's no exaggeration) said, he wants all sources of power besides his to be eliminated.

And I freaking love him.

The way he is able to silence everyone with a wave of the hand, his ironic smile.
I know it's weird.
Really.
But still.

Love for Aro.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Ruby_Eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by Ruby_Eyes »

I totaly know what you mean ^^^^. I love the Volturi (and the Romanians) but Aro is my favourite. Well, He's tied with Caius, but still. His character is just so well developed! He's an affectionate guy who only wants to make the world a better place and get rid of bad guys, but he's also a sister-murdering, scheming, smooth talking *CENSORED*! I LOVE him!
Lets all kill Sulpicia, she's old.

"Interesting company you keep"
~Demetri Breaking Dawn

"You breed mutants here"
~Caius, Breaking Dawn

TEAM VOLTURI!!!!
Ella12
Settled in Forks

Post by Ella12 »

I like Aro as a character, i think he's a great villian, unlike Caius who is a typical 'baddie'. I dont know how the majority of the Vampires could believe the Volturi have a single moral bone in their bodies; sure they respect the law and its need to be upheld, but surely they could have seen how vicious the Volturi go about doing it. In saying that, Breaking Dawn sans Aro wouldnt be even nearly as good..
MrsEdwardCullen4Ever
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsEdwardCullen4Ever »

I like him best out of all the voturi. he is so much nicer, espesially about renesmee. still, he is definatly creepy. but he does have a cool power.
i will finish my quote in the words of aro
"peace" ! :P
"Isabella Swan I promise to love you foever. Every single day of forever.Will You Marry Me?"
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

In BD I kinda liked Aro! He seemed generous enough to actually listen to the Cullens, rather than stupid Caius.
I still think Aro is a little creepy, but I think he's pretty cool :)

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
Ella12
Settled in Forks

Post by Ella12 »

#1twi-guy wrote:In BD I kinda liked Aro! He seemed generous enough to actually listen to the Cullens, rather than stupid Caius.
I still think Aro is a little creepy, but I think he's pretty cool :)
He wasnt being generous, it was for the benefit of the witnesses. He wanted to appear kind. He is really just as cruel, if not more so, as Caius. Caius is just more honest about it. But thats what makes Aro a great villain, hes secretive about his villianicy.

Being the head of a massive network of Vampires is cool?
Damn straight.
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Aro is my home slice :D he's such a great and well-developed character and antagonist. i think he and Caius are quite the pair.

Caius: "i hate you all! Scum! Die! DIE!!!"

Aro: "take it easy, brother. anyway, I LOVE YOU ALL (cough)!! too bad we have to kill you! :D "

i'm also curious about what happened during the time he and Carlisle spent together.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Does anyone think that Jack White could play Aro?
paramore
Settled in Forks

Post by paramore »

I read that Ben Barnes from the Prince Caspian flick was interested in playing Aro.

Any thoughts on that?

P.S. Sorry if this was already mentioned :)
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

UYS WATCH THIS ABOUT THE VOLTURI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeYWYPUpto !!!!!!!!!
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata