Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by E&BForever »

CauseofEdwardIlove wrote:
E&BForever wrote:
CauseofEdwardIlove wrote:I have to agree, Rob matched the book 100% He was the perfect Edward in my eyes....Very convincing!
Yep, I actually think I have a permeanent picture of what Edward and Bella look like in my head now! :D
Chantell

Oh yeah there would never be any way I could except Edward played by a different person now...he will always be as he was in Twilight to me!
Yeah, I think that's how it's been for nearly 70 years now with "Gone with The Wind" with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler- When they're thought of, it's always Vivian Leigh and Clark Gable!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

E&BForever wrote:
E&BForever wrote:
CauseofEdwardIlove wrote:I have to agree, Rob matched the book 100% He was the perfect Edward in my eyes....Very convincing!
Yep, I actually think I have a permeanent picture of what Edward and Bella look like in my head now! :D
Chantell

Oh yeah there would never be any way I could except Edward played by a different person now...he will always be as he was in Twilight to me!
Yeah, I think that's how it's been for nearly 70 years now with "Gone with The Wind" with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler- When they're thought of, it's always Vivian Leigh and Clark Gable!
Chantell

That is so true...Perfect comparison!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

E&BForever wrote:
E&BForever wrote:
Chantell

Chantell

That is so true...Perfect comparison!
Thank you! :D
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
`Edward.
Y Chromosome Grand Inquisitor

Post by `Edward. »

I think a lot of them did a very good job with their portrayals.

Kellan Lutz was amusing as Emmett. He had his humor down for sure, but he just didn't fit the description well enough for me : (

Jackson Rathbone and Ashley Greene impressed me a lot (the look on Jackson's face when you first see him is priceless, which Ashley was just very cute and serene and the perfect Alice, even if her hair was a tad long).

Robert Pattinson did a great job. After seeing the movie a few times, I still can't see his face when I read the books, but he was a great choice.

Sarah Clarke as Renee was probably my favorite of them all though. Not only did she fit the description of the book (and the mental picture I had in my head), she was hilarious! She was probably the most perfect Renee they could have found.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Peter Facinelli did a great job portraying Carlise, his voice...was like velvet!

And Robert Pattinson, he did the *makes stink face cause Bella is a human, and I want her* thing, so well! His performance was amazing, everything I imagined and more...

NIKKI REED! She was so good! She does bi*** well! XD

But Kristen Stewart takes the cake...she was the perfect Bella...I think she has a natural awkwardness that just makes it that much more, Bella-esque! XD

Overall, the whole cast was really good!

Okay, I am done being a freak. XD
ImageImage
E<3B
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I totally agree with everyone on here so far -- the cast did a great job overall, and I'm so excited that they have a chance to improve upon what they've already done in Twilight with New Moon coming!! YAY!! :D

So far I haven't seen this mentioned, but don't you think the nomads were absolutely PERFECT???

James was incredible (and built -- whew ;) ), Victoria was amazing (did you just love her line in the baseball scene? "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball" -- LOVEd it) and for me, Laurent was total PERFECTION!!!
I had seen Edi Gathegi act before (his role in House) so I was way excited to see him in Twilight, and I thought he did an amazing job!! That hint of a French accent, his more distinguished look and actions (compared to James and Victoria) "James, I've told you not to play with your food" I loved that line. It saddened me to hear a few people complain about him being a black vampire, and that it definitely wouldn't work -- well, I hope they have changed their minds after seeing the movie.
LoveLikeWinter
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveLikeWinter »

I knew that Rob would be *perfect* before even seeing the movie. He's always been Edward in my mind, from the second we knew he was cast... :D

But Kristen? OMG! She totally blew me away! She was so perfectly awkward, physically and emotionally. I went in not knowing what to expect from her, and I left the movie totally surprised. There is such a great chemistry there between B/E (obviously!)...

Billy Burke and Ashley Greene amazed me too.
Keep it light.
RussetRose♥

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I was a little scared that nobody would be able to portray Edward right, bu Rob...he was amazing! He had the perfect resistance and connection to Bella, if you get what I'm saying.
Taylor was perfect for Jacob, all I want to know is how they are gonna make him taller for the next movies. :D
Ashley Green was the absolute vision I had of Alice: perky, fun, pikielike in many ways.
Kellan, Cam, Jackson, and Nikki were all perfect. But, I still think that Rosalie should have been prettier.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
TeamEdwardzCptn
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ How play it best?

Post by TeamEdwardzCptn »

siobhan1 wrote:I think overall Rob did the best job, because a bad Edward would have killed the entire movie. He had the greatest weight to carry and gave a very believeable and emotionally nuanced performance .
Perfectly Spoken. Rob definitely had the biggest job in my mind - EVERYONE had their own idea of what Edward should look like/be like - his part could make or break the movie. I think he did the most incredible job and to me he is now permanently Edward. He is WAY sexier then I ever imagined he could be! LOL

I was unsure about the casting of Charlie because he didn't look anything like I pictured in the book, but after seeing him in the movie - they couldn't have done better. He made me laugh out loud several times (loved the gun scene and the pepper spray references.)

Thought Bella/Kristen was pretty good. A couple of times I thought something she did was corny/over-acted, but in general, thought she did a great job.
"I'm not scared of you."
"You really shouldn't have said that."
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

Alice! Alice without a doubt! Greene did amazing as Alice. She seems like she has a quirky/hyperactive attitude outside of acting.