Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
esmecullen740
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by esmecullen740 »

I guess i have 2 opinions.
1st if you read the book and is a big fan then you probaly won't like it at 1st. I have to go see it two times before i finally realized that it was a good movie. I guess I just have a big expectation on its. I'm itching to go and see it more. i think I'll just wait and buy the disk.
If you are completely clueless and haven't read Twilight yet''shock''. You'll probally like it.
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Love it! :D Seen it three times, and am planning on seeing it one more time tomorrow! :D As soon as anyone hears about a dvd release date, please let us know!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Hey There Elizah

Post by Hey There Elizah »

DHSHolly wrote:Love the movie. Love it. I've seen it 3 times and I probably won't get to see it again. :( Hurry up dvd! :) I do have a question though. After the baseball scene and the first confrontation with james et al, bella and edward are getting in the jeep bella says something there, and I can never understand what she's saying. Does anyone know what she's saying there? I looked for a transcript of the movie and I couldn't find one.

She's like "alright, i got it!"... or something to that effect. i have it on my computer.. i'll go and see exactly what later and post it.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

E&BForever wrote:Love it! :D Seen it three times, and am planning on seeing it one more time tomorrow! :D As soon as anyone hears about a dvd release date, please let us know!
Chantell
This could be gossip, because I don't remember where I heard it, but it was mentioned somewhere that the DVD release would be sometime around Valentine's Day, 2009. That seems a bit early to me, but I wouldn't mind :)
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Valentine's Day release is so cool!!! I guess they want to take advantage of the presents' wave, since the majority of the audience was female...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Cute interview with Rob and Kristen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzxC-Gza ... re=related
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Hey there elizah wrote:
She's like "alright, i got it!"... or something to that effect.
Yeah, I think the line I'm talking about is write before that. it sounds like she saying like so they are coming after me? Or something like that.
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
E&BForever wrote:Love it! :D Seen it three times, and am planning on seeing it one more time tomorrow! :D As soon as anyone hears about a dvd release date, please let us know!
Chantell
This could be gossip, because I don't remember where I heard it, but it was mentioned somewhere that the DVD release would be sometime around Valentine's Day, 2009. That seems a bit early to me, but I wouldn't mind :)
I hope so! Sometimes even movies that are popular in the theater are released within 3 months. On B&N I've seen movies with their release date just five weeks AFTER they were released in theaters.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
omegawolf3
Settled in Forks

Post by omegawolf3 »

I loved the movie. I really appreciated to genuine attachment to the book. I liked the diversity of the cast. I know ppl complained that it was slow, but they couldn't have done it any other way. I think Rob did great as Edward. Idc what ppl say, he really captured Edward's charm as well as his frustration. Kristen definitely captured Bella well.

All the actors did good. Especially Nikki Reed as Rosalie. She was PERFECT.
Carlyzmom
Settled in Forks

Post by Carlyzmom »

I LOVE your description of the movie. I think I agree with you on all points!! I was new to the series when I saw the movie. I read the book and saw the movie the next day!
I just completed Eclipse and feel so much more in tune with the characters! I need to see it again. I totally agree, I LOVE LOVE LOVE having Rob Pattinson's portrayal of Edward in my head when I read now. He was delicious!

Great job!
oleander wrote:I've seen it twice now and am itching to go a third, fourth, fifth time. I really liked it. It was far from perfect, but who is???

I went into the movie with the steel resolve to view it as an adaptation and not take it as gospel which really helped, otherwise I would end up like the girls sitting behind me the second night and spend the entire time picking it apart. I thought it was a fair adaptation. The additions were great, bringing in the nomads earlier in the story worked swimmingly well; the biology field trip was great; I can even forgive them for not mentioning Bella's lullaby...

...however, as much as I loved the scene in the forest (which was supposed to be the meadow), I missed the intensity, tension and the sweetness of the meadow scene from the book. Don't get me wrong, the scene they did in its stead was great and it caused some swooning in the audience, but I felt cheated. The meadow is the pinnacle scene for the entire series.

Although there were some pretty cheesy moments and you could really feel the low budget constraints, I was fully able to look past them because Rob played MY Edward to a T. MY Edward, the one who lives in my head when I read the books, is angsty, manic-depressive and tormented. Rob was everything I hoped for (even though I haven't reconciled that he doesn't look like MY Edward) and so much more. The first biology class scene was PRICELESS! The rare moments of levity were brilliant (baseball game, 'spider monkey').

Kristen did okay with Bella. Some critics said she was too wooden, but Bella is kind of a no-nonsense girl who thinks a lot. I have no complaints when it comes to her performance.

The Cullens needed to be in the movie a lot more, but really, they weren't in the first book all that much either. I adored Jasper's quiet Edward Scissorhands-esque bit at the Cullen home, and loved when he finally opened up at the baseball game.

Bella's friends were FANTASTIC! What a great secondary cast. Jessica was spot-on.

Really though, it was Charlie who surprised me. Billy Burke did an amazing job of being the uncomfortable, loving father. I can't wait to see more of him in future movies. I have a whole new respect for Charlie.

Can I just say that the kiss was probably one of the hottest moments i've seen on film in a long time. Both nights I saw it the audience simultaneously inhaled as it began, held their breath through it, and heaved a collective swoon when it ended. The first night people cheered and clapped.

Being a 30-something in a sea of screaming tweens was an experience i won't soon forget, nor will Twilight be a movie i'll soon forget. Great job by everyone involved. Bring on New Moon!!!!
Do I Dazzle you???