Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
emmettsbiggestfan
Learning to Love Green

Re: Alec

Post by emmettsbiggestfan »

I'd perfer having Alec's power because I don't like causing pain. When you think about it from the recieving end, don't you think you'd rather not feel than feel the worst pain imaginabe? I don't know, it may just be me, but I'd rather have Alec's power.
Proud Hand Laborer in EDC, Inc.
Private Vanessa Frost in Jasper's Confederate Army
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

Ok, this may sound like a bit of a dumb question but where is it mentioned that Jane and Alec were burned at the stake? I'd like to read up on that since I obviously missed it the first time around...
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

^^It's not in the books but it's in SM's Personal Correspondence #10 on the Lex.

Q. Are Jane and Alec related? How did they join the Volturi?

A. Alec is Jane’s twin brother. (I will not tell you what his gift is, only that it is more potent in battle than hers. He is one of the main reasons that the Volturi guard is invincible.) They were burned at the stake for witchcraft when Aro stepped in. (By "stepped in" I mean "slaughtered the whole village," of course). Aro already had his eye on these two, but he wanted to let them age before he took them. The villagers forced his hand, which sort of pissed him off. The shape Jane’s talent took was influenced by the fire she endured before Aro saved her.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Jack
Learning to Love Green

Post by Jack »

Thank You Destani!
*Jack*
murtaghgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by murtaghgirl »

Destani wrote:^^It's not in the books but it's in SM's Personal Correspondence #10 on the Lex.

Q. Are Jane and Alec related? How did they join the Volturi?

A. Alec is Jane’s twin brother. (I will not tell you what his gift is, only that it is more potent in battle than hers. He is one of the main reasons that the Volturi guard is invincible.) They were burned at the stake for witchcraft when Aro stepped in. (By "stepped in" I mean "slaughtered the whole village," of course). Aro already had his eye on these two, but he wanted to let them age before he took them. The villagers forced his hand, which sort of pissed him off. The shape Jane’s talent took was influenced by the fire she endured before Aro saved her.
Sorry but how do I find SM's Personal Carrespondence? Blone moments
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

^^ If you go to the main page of the Lexicon, under the News Blog, it's in the section with bios, timelines, etc.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Jack
Learning to Love Green

Post by Jack »

I don't think I'd want Alec's power. I'd personally prefer Jane's. I mean, ok. Hers is a little sadistic, and Alec's power can be used mercifully, but we all know why Aro sends Jane to go pick up Edward, Bella and Alice instead of Alec. Jane is just more effective in getting people to behave her way. I mean Alec can use his talent but when he puts it away, they'll start fighting again. No one wants to fight Jane after she's given them a taste of her powers.
*Jack*
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Jack wrote:I don't think I'd want Alec's power. I'd personally prefer Jane's. I mean, ok. Hers is a little sadistic, and Alec's power can be used mercifully, but we all know why Aro sends Jane to go pick up Edward, Bella and Alice instead of Alec. Jane is just more effective in getting people to behave her way. I mean Alec can use his talent but when he puts it away, they'll start fighting again. No one wants to fight Jane after she's given them a taste of her powers.
exactly. though i do think Alec could be VERY manipulative, especially since he acts all nicey-nicey.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Jack wrote:I don't think I'd want Alec's power. I'd personally prefer Jane's. I mean, ok. Hers is a little sadistic, and Alec's power can be used mercifully, but we all know why Aro sends Jane to go pick up Edward, Bella and Alice instead of Alec. Jane is just more effective in getting people to behave her way. I mean Alec can use his talent but when he puts it away, they'll start fighting again. No one wants to fight Jane after she's given them a taste of her powers.
exactly. though i do think Alec could be very manipulative, especially since he ACTS all nicey-nicey. CRAP! stupid double posts :x
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jack
Learning to Love Green

Post by Jack »

Jane V wrote:
exactly. though i do think Alec could be VERY manipulative, especially since he acts all nicey-nicey.
Hmmm. I'm not entirely sure about the acting nice. I mean, I think in a way he is the "nicer" of the twins. It's shown throughout the book that he has a much calmer temperament than Jane and I think that it allows him to be.... more manipulative, but also a little bit less petty and revengeful. She's always trying to hurt Bella over and over as soon as she finds out her powers don't work on her. Alec however, I can see him rolling his eyes behind her back while she's trying to hurt Bella.
*Jack*