Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Epilogue ~ Choice

Post by Hey There Elizah »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?
I didn't like reading from Jacob's perspective at all. I would much rather have heard from a different character. He was never one of my favorite characters in the books. I didn't really like his character until after he imprinted with Renesmee.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?
I never had a problem with the Leah character. If I was in her position I would be in just as much pain and it's understandable why she is so bitter.

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?
Ugh, no. I didn't want Jacob at the wedding. In fact when he ran away I was hoping he wouldn't be in the next book. I was pretty disapointed to have to read half of BD from his perspective.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?
I was sooooo glad he was gone. He gave some parts of the book a very weird edge. I can't really explain but I just didn't like it.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?

I loved being able to hear the end of the story from Jacob's point of view. I think the main difference between his voice and Bella's is that you can feel all of his pain. I cried at least the first 3 times I read it. Jake has really powerful emotions, and I hope that readers can connect with his character the way I did.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?

I've always, liked Leah's character, and seeing all her pain like that was sort of shocking, at first. I knew she'd been hurt, but I hadn't realized how hard she was clinging to her feelings, or how deeply she'd been hurt, you know?

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?

Yes, Edward did the right thing. I think that Bella was more worried about whether or not she would hurt Jacob, than if Jake was already hurt by her choices. I didn't think that Jake would show up, so that surprised me, but it makes me happy that Edward invited him.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?

ARE YOU KIDDING?? It broke my heart- how could it not?!

It was as if there was no room for him in Bella's life anymore, and Jake was getting pushed out of his home, his life, his own body, and the story. So, yeah, I'd say it's heartbreaking.
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
tnwebdms1993
Settled in Forks

Post by tnwebdms1993 »

-At first, the change in narrators was a bit confusing, but after a while it started to make more sense. But I still prefer Bella's POV because I feel like Jacob didn't explain things very clearly to me.

-Nope. My opinion of Leah didn't change at all. I still think she's witch. :D

-I think it should've been Bella's decision wether or not she wanted Jacob at their wedding. Part of me thinks that Jacob might show up because it would show that he still wanted to support Bella even though he knew that he would never ne with her. But another part of me doesn't want him to show up because it might cause more problems with Edward and Bella's relationship.

-I was kinda sad that he was gone, but yet again I was glad because Bella could just focus on her relationship with Edward. :D
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I was surprised to hear from Jacob, but I liked it. It allowed us to look at things that if we stayed in Bella's perspective that we would not have been able to see. Obviously, his voice particularly in this section was much more hostile than Bella's since he was so upset.

I can understand her pain more because Jacob compared it to his own. But, almost feel like Leah needs to get over the whole Sam thing. Sam couldn't help it, he imprinted on Emily. Just as Bella cannot help loving Edward, it was meant to be.

I think that Edward did the right thing by inviting Jacob. I think he knew deep down that Bella wanted Jacob there but that she felt it was too selfish to ask that of Jacob and of Edward. And yes, before Breaking Dawn I thought that Jacob would show up at the wedding.

I understood Jacob needing to stay in his wolf form, it was his way of dealing with his tremendous heartache, and I did feel very bad for him because I do like Jacob even though I am a Team Edward girl. I also think that I knew that he wouldn't totally be leaving Edward and Bella alone for good, but I was glad that he would stop pestering Bella and inadvertently making her feel bad for loving Edward.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

It annoyed me. He sounds so childish, even for a 16/17 year old, I always skip this because of how annoyed I get.

A tad, because both of them lost the one they wanted to be with to another person.

Sometimes I think he did because he was her friend, but at the same time, inviting him could have cause problems because of how they both felt about each other and Bella.

There really wasn't much of a break for me when it came to reading the two novels, but I did think he would come to see if she was happy, and not crash the wedding in any way. I didn't think he would have made contact.

He acted like a little child who couldn't get their way. I was happy that he was leaving Bella and Edward alone, but I think he should have realized that he may just hurt Bella a little with what he had done and how he had gone about it.
twilightsagalover
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightsagalover »

The change in narrators made me sad at first but then I got to know jacob better and how not having bella was driving him crazy!

I do understand Leah alot better now and I feel so sorry for her. No mater what happens though she keeps going.

Im not sure if edward did the right thing about inviting Jacob. I did miss Jacob though.(he is my favorite)

My heart broke when Jacob ran away I was in complete shock. I could not believe what i read so I read it again.
[img]Twilightsagalover[/img]
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

At first I thought it was still Bella, and was wondering why she was hanging out with Jacob. :lol: It was a little interesting hearing Jacob think, he's and was a little bit more ironic and gruff than Bella but hey, he's a boy.

Yes and yes. I already felt sorry for her because of the imprinting thing, but imagining confusion on you own gender seemed pretty devastating.

No I didn't think Edward did the right thing, because even though it would please Bella, inviting him would remind her about how she loves him too much to be married, and it might of planted some doubt in her decision to stay with Edward.

I didn't feel upset when he left, I mean it's Jacob! I was pretty sure that Stephenie Meyer wouldn't be able to make him leave forever.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I would have preferred hearing from Edward, but Jake was OK, I suppose. Jake's a lot more bitter and sarcastic, both in this chapter and his book of Breaking Dawn.

No, I didn't change my opinion. I did wonder why Leah was there, if they hate each other so much.

Yes, I did think he did the right thing, especially after he explained why he was inviting Jake. No I didn't think he'd show because he ran off.

I was glad he didn't try to hurt Edward or upset Bella (again).
jacobblacksgirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Riding motocycles with Jacob........Cliff diving with Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Sam

Post by jacobblacksgirl »

I really think that Bella should have been with Jacob instead if Edward you know...They make the sexiest couple ever
I got my werewolf boy.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?

1)Loved it! Yes. All male, which was interesting coming from a female author.

2)I hated her - she was nasty. At this pointof the story - I had no sympathy.

3)Well, Bella did mention inviting him when she and Edwward were in the meadow, so Edward probably acted on that. No. Because I thought it would have been to painful, and when he "left Jacob Black behind" at the end, I thought he would go away for a loooong time.

4)If it helped him - fine. I was sorry for the pain he felt. I was glad he left though.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict