Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by soozabooza54 »

Edward'sDrug... maybe you should check your facts first... :)

Lion and the lamb was always in the movie. There was NEVER any talk about not having it there - it's too much of an iconic moment and line. Apparently, Melissa, the screenwriter, just reworded it so that it sounded a little better for the screen, which is completely normal when doing book to film adaptations. Stephenie saw it and all she said was "Um, guys, this is a line that people have tattooed. We might want to keep it the same..." and they agreed with her and changed it back to the original. Stephenie has even said that she liked the rewritten line BETTER for the movie because it worked better for film.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Edward'sDrug:)
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward'sDrug:) »

well...........
i am not allowed to say anything but i have close relations from some people in the movie and i have a friend thats mom is also pretty involved with the movie so i really do know what happened. plus i know that on other chat sights apparently thats what was said so as much as i want to agree and say yes that happened i can not. :)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Edward'sDrug:) wrote:well...........
i am not allowed to say anything but i have close relations from some people in the movie and i have a friend thats mom is also pretty involved with the movie so i really do know what happened. plus i know that on other chat sights apparently thats what was said so as much as i want to agree and say yes that happened i can not. :)
Wow! Cool! Do you think you could pull some strings and get rid of Hardwicke & Rosenberg? :lol: :lol:

No, I'm kidding! That's pretty neat and a small world too. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Post by sparker »

Catherine Hardwicke would be the coolest mom in the world. I'm sure most of the bloggers on this site would ask her to adopt them. I can't wait to see what she does with New Moon! I was very skeptical when Nikki Reed was cast because I thought she was in it only because of Catherine, but obviously she knew Nikki could pull it off. She even became one of my favorite characters in the movie.
I think Catherine is going to inspire many young girls to go into film because of Twilight. You should all rent Lords Of Dogtown, if you're old enough!
I just pray Robert doesn't become another tragic actor and follow in the footsteps of Heath Ledger. He's in a pressure cooker right now! Fame can be a double edged sword....
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

Catherine rocks my socks. Her and David Yates are some of the best book-to-movie directors!
They both did justice to my favorite books!

For those of you who dont know, David Yates directed the 5th Harry Potter movie
Even though there was a lot left out, he did the best he can and made it awesome :D

Oh sorry...back to Catherine....LOVE HER! :D

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

At least Catherine is enthusiastic about Twilight and mostly stuck to the story. If they changed directors, I wouldn't want them to get one who wants to change the plot or something.
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

OnyxEyes wrote:At least Catherine is enthusiastic about Twilight and mostly stuck to the story. If they changed directors, I wouldn't want them to get one who wants to change the plot or something.
I'm with you on that. Catherine is always enthusiastic in the interviews for Twilight, she really likes the story and she cares the fan's opinions. I don't think we could get another director with such Twilight love and energy.
sparker wrote:Catherine Hardwicke would be the coolest mom in the world. I'm sure most of the bloggers on this site would ask her to adopt them. I can't wait to see what she does with New Moon! I was very skeptical when Nikki Reed was cast because I thought she was in it only because of Catherine, but obviously she knew Nikki could pull it off. She even became one of my favorite characters in the movie.
The same happened to me when I saw that Nikki Reed was cast as Rosalie. But when I saw the movie, I liked her performance of Rosalie, one of the best characters in the movie!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So I just read that Summit has decided not to bring back Catherine Hardewicke to direct New Moon. My heart dropped. When looking at the movie, I don't think it would have been nearly as good without her. And, I am terrified of what will happen to New Moon without her hand. For this saga, you have to have someone who is dedicated to the story and the characters and has a good understanding of the story thread. It looks like the reason behind this is Summit doesn't want to give her the time she feels is necessary is to develop a quality film based on what is guaranteed to be a difficult adaptation. Of the four novels, New Moon will be the hardest to adapt because it lacks the things that studios think make good movies. New Moon is an emotional journey, which is hard to translate to the big screen. I am greatly afraid that Summit is rushing the project to cash in on the phenomenon, and I think Catherine would have made them stick a little closer to the story. I have alredy read that supposedly they have figured out a way to keep Edward present in the story so that Rob Pattinson can have a larger role. Don't mistake me for a minute, I am the last person to object at all to Rob being onscreen. However, the story of New Moon centers on his absence. Kind of hard to do if he's...there. Anyway, those are my thoughts on that subject. I think Summit is making a huge mistake.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
siobhan1
Settled in Forks

Post by siobhan1 »

JAzz Girl. I so agree with you. It looks like Summit wants to cash in quick and they threw Catherine under the bus because she wanted more time and a bigger budget. I know many of you were not happy with what Catherine did, but it sounds like Summit execs don't want to take the time to make a good rendering of New Moon. New Moon absolutely needs a bigger budget for special effects and the time to figure out what CGI or special effects would work for the werewolves. According to Carter Burwells site,Summit execs didn't like the dissonance in Bellas lullaby and thought that teenage girls wouldn't relate to it, but he held out for his original composition. I'm afraid these idiot execs think that by splashing more Rob on screen in New Moon, it will mean more cash for them. I didn't like the other vampire scenes in Twilight as it took it away from Bellas perspective and ruined the tension by giving away the fact that it wasn't Edward or the Cullens who were killing the townsfolk. The addition of these scenes were based on the execs view that more action would make the movie more accessible to teenage boys. I have a very bad feeling that given free reign the execs will ruin this movie by churning out a teen Disney pic with bad special effects. I am not against a different director I am for the integrity of the story the way Stephenie wrote it with Bella's pain intact believing that Edward was truly never coming back. This is a love story not an action epic, Summit needs to understand that.
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I'm so disappointed with Summit's decision to fire Catherine! She has done a great job directing Twilight, I was really looking forward to New Moon. I'm afraid they are going to mess up the movie....I don't like when they change directors only because of money and box offices! It's awful.