A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by Riddalyn »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
I think Bella's most meaningful confession was her admitting just how much Edward meant to her... that must have taken courage because she is well aware that he believes it's wrong - no matter how much he feels the same. Edward's... admitting that, while he loves her, at first he just wanted to kill her, and he thought she was a demon out of hell for the way she smelled. It must have been so hard to relive the way he felt the first time he smelled her, to remember the thoughts he had, the plans he came up with. And to say it aloud to the very person who he knows will forgive him, dismiss everything, but still, the one who he wanted to kill in the first place.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
Well, his making a resolve to come back, of course. And the first time he watched her sleep... his facial expressions ought to be something... special.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
When Edward admitted that he didn't know how to be close to her, and she said that this was enough. And they just lay there and hold each other, softly and carefully, in love. And when they kissed, of course. Very human.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
Oh, the whole chapter had me giddy as a school girl. I have never envied a fictional character so much... I still envy her and it was a couple years ago. The most romantic moment... when Bella would softly run her hands over his porcelain skin, over the diamond-like shine... when she would feel his eyelids, his cheekbones, his lips. When Edward listened to her heart and they sat there, holding each other. Any moment that they were just so tender and loving with one another, those were the most romantic moments for me.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

How much she cares for him, and for him it's either letting her know how much he desires to drink her blood or how she is the most important thing to him EVER, and that she is his world.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?

The fight scene with his family and when he introduces her to his family.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?

Oh I think they are being very human and young...and in love, vunerable, the whole bit.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?

ooo the nuzzeling he does to her and the cuddling, just how much contact he is giving her now, when before he barely touched her at all, it's just the raised comfort level.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

On Bella's part: She thought Edward absolutely loathed her from the start and she couldn't do anything right.
On Edward's part: All the secrets he had from watching her at night, the reasoning behind him avoiding her, etc.

The Meadow. <3

They both want to be close to each other. :D

When Edward kisses Bella in the meadow and when their together in Bella's room. =D
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I'm not really sure. I don't have my book here so I can't look anything up. I guess the part where they admitted to liking each other very much. Maybe even too much.

I was most interested in hearing his thoughts about what was happening and other people's thoughts. So, not one thing in general, I'm afraid.

I think the point when they are most human is when he's just holding her with his lips pressed to her hair. It was such a human thing to do. It's nice that he still has human instints, albeit they're deep down but they're there.
Same one. Loved that part.

I'll have to reread that part because I'm not sure what the MOST romantic part was in this chapter.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? Because they admit to loving one another. Bella's most meaningful moment is when she tells him she can't live without him. Edward's is when he shows Bella his meadow. Thats something Edward hasn't shown anyone before.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? When Edward goes to visit Tanya.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? You can tell they both want to be together forever, but you know that won't happen any time soon.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? The kiss.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

That they love each other and want to spend their lives together.

All the times he's been watching her.

Showing how vunerable they are by opening themselves up to heartbreak and rejection by declaring their love for one another.

That he wants to kill her or leave her, but he loves so much he won't do either. :cry:
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? For both I think it was the whole "I love you" part.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? All of it, especially the first kiss!

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? Just when he holds her, like he was a human. Awww

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? Um, see above, when he hold her.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part is that she is willing to risk her own life to be with him that's how much she loves him, she would give her own life to be with him, and she says how she feels about him. Edward's most meaningful confession is how much he desires her and her blood but mostly how much he truly loves her, he wants to share everything that he loves with her.

I want to know everything but he has talked in MS about wanting to feel the warmth of her lips so that's one of the key points for me. He tells her that she can't imagine how her touching his hand and arm feels the warmth, I can only guess how kissing her feels to him, like being set on fire :oops: *Swoon*Edward I love you.

How Bella touches Edward with such love and care just to feel the person she loves, Edward is experiencing every human emotion for the first time warmth of soft touches and kisses the feel of someone you love on your lips. Wow :shock: I gotta start reading Twilight gain I want to be close to Edward.

When Edward says that he wants to try something and starts kissing Bella everywhere and last but not least her lips I was hyperventilating when I read that I almost passed out. But the whole chapter was so sweet and romantic every touch and caress was romantic in my book. I love that chapter I can't wait for MS to experience it through Edward I probably will pass out this time :lol: .
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

Bella-How she would rather die than stay away from him...
Edward-That he was totally sure of himself prior to them going to the meadow.

Definately the first kiss!

When Edward wrapped his arms around her...def very human.

Just how he was able to finally be so close to her and let his guard down.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

1)Bella's is when she tells him she would rather die than stay away from him. Edward tells her that she is the most important thing to him now and the most important thing to him ever.

2)In MS? The Meadow scene from his POV.

3) The intense feelings for each other that neither has ever had for someone else and when he holds her and the complexity of that feeling.

4) When he holds her.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict