Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by Sullie06 »

I'm okay with the decision for them to part ways with Hardwicke and get a new director for New Moon. My husband and I have seen the movie twice in theaters and both feel they overdid it with the extreme close-ups. I don't want to spend an hour looking at the pores of the cast. I also felt they went with to many weird camera angles. A couple scenes were making me sea sick.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Nightwalker wrote:I'v signed the petition, not that it'll do much good. I am sad that they got rid of CH but all i want is
1. For New Moon not to be rushed
2. For the werewolves to look amazing
and 3. For it to be as close to the book as possible. Do you think we'll get any of that now?
With Hardwicke out, then yes, we just might get a better picture. The only probelm I see is that unfortunately Summit is still involved and with that idiot Feig stating that, rather stupidly, The Twilight world was realized and that since it was with the budget they gave out, then there will be NO changes in that area. How idiotic can one guy be!!!! :x

Even SM was upset with the special effects. Her story was NOT realized either by Summit or that terrible excuse of a director and screenwriter - PERIOD!! :evil: :evil:

What we got was a half-a** movie with close ups so bad that I could see whether there was a booger in Kristin's nose or the contacts that Rob wore and that hideous make-up. I mean, a mortician could have applied that better than whoever they hired.

Summit is in a bad way financially and they are hoping that they can create a great movie for a buck-fifty.
Dream on, Feig, dream on!!

I am still asking "Where is Stephenie Meyer??" She has been very quiet since the movie. Maybe, resting and/or writing, but still she has been quiet.

You can not make a great movie when you alter the story and remove the essence from the creation and suit it to what you(Hardwicke) thinks it needs. If this was an Original screenplay, well, then yeah, maybe, but not an Adapted screenplay with a story so beloved and original as the Twilight Saga.

Someone made a comment that these were not great stories in the literary sense - well they were not made to be Pulizer Prize winners, these stories were from a dream SM had and she wanted to share them with us and as far as I am concerned not every piece of writing has to have a "Pulizer" base to be a great book for me.
The Twilight Saga is a wonderful series and well written.

If we have to wait for New Moon just so we can get an excellent director and possible lose that sorry excuse of a screen writer in Rosenberg, then so be it, I'll wait. New Moon needs to be the one to make up for that horrid film Twilight and give us hope that at least someone in the movie industry understands the saga and SM's dream. - and ours.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

WELL SAID navarre!

everything you said i agree with completely

ESPECIALLY the part about twilight not being good writing.
It is good writing- not all writing as to be complicated and hard to freaking read to be a good book.
My sister who is dyslexic shied away from books because she has a hard time with larger words and certain letters.
She is well into New moon- and started to cry to me the other day because she as finally able to read something and not get fed up with herself!

i loved the movie- i hated the direction- and you could tell what was the directors problem and what wasn't. the acting was great- but the close us and stuff--- were horrible- and the spinning around made me SICK.

the running and jumping was very Kung fu.. not cool.

Summit Jewed twilight- but hopefully they won't with New moon.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

OME OME OME OME OME OME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU GUYS HERE!?!?!?!?!?!!?!! CATHERINE HARDWICKE IS OFFICIALLY NOT DOING NEW MOON!!! CLICK ON THE LINK!!:
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reu ... el-reuters
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
navarre

Post by navarre »

ilovetwilight wrote:OME OME OME OME OME OME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU GUYS HERE!?!?!?!?!?!!?!! CATHERINE HARDWICKE IS OFFICIALLY NOT DOING NEW MOON!!! CLICK ON THE LINK!!:
Yeah, we know that. That's what we have been discussing. Trust me, I'm glad - good riddance!!
foreveredward16
Wandering Through Town

Post by foreveredward16 »

In light of the past events.....
I am really excited to see yet another interpretation and direction for the New Moon movie. I think it will be vital for the movie to be darker... really edgy.... really mysterious... I mean Bella is basically Depressed for the better part of the entire book. So... it really needs to get glumy...
I think Hardwicke would have made the movie a little lightly, without as much edge as I would say is necessary.
The reason "they say" for her being booted off the task is that she wanted to take her sweet time, and they want the movie done sooner because time is money right!? haha
I am only concerned that it will be far too rushed and perhaps not as good if they rush it right?

So.... I am excited just incase the movie takes a swing towards the dark side and less intense camera angles and zooming like you all have been saying.
Lets just pray its not done in a forced effort to please us... because that might in turn... just make things worse!
You are my life now!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

navarre wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:OME OME OME OME OME OME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU GUYS HERE!?!?!?!?!?!!?!! CATHERINE HARDWICKE IS OFFICIALLY NOT DOING NEW MOON!!! CLICK ON THE LINK!!:
Yeah, we know that. That's what we have been discussing. Trust me, I'm glad - good riddance!!
does anybody know who there replacing her with? Maybe Steven Spielberg.... or David Yates the director for Harry Potter, he does a really good job.... a girl can dream :lol: ....
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
navarre

Post by navarre »

ilovetwilight wrote:
navarre wrote:
does anybody know who there replacing her with? Maybe Steven Spielberg.... or David Yates the director for Harry Potter, he does a really good job.... a girl can dream :lol: ....
No, they have not announced that yet. I'm waiting anxiously!!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

OK I feel bad for CH. I think Summit need to hire a new screenwriter and also new editor.
But they better do it soon and I hope they find a great director. I don't want the filming to get delayed.
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

AngelYve83 wrote:They didn't even give Edward and Bella's relationship much of a chance to develop.
That was for sure one of the things I didn't like about the movie. Their relationship didn't have time to develop in the movie so it wasn't totally believable that they would actually die for each other.
With a proper director and screen writer, they could have made Twilight much better and focus a little more on Edward and Bella's relationship. The move could have been longer, for sure.

The main thing I'm worried about is Summit wanting to move too quickly and get New Moon into theatres. New Moon is my favourite of the books and I'd really hate for them to quickly slop something together just to get it out there.
Last edited by JessRuby on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."