Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by JessRuby »

For me, Ashley as Alice was by far the best! She is exactly how I pictured Alice to be and I'm really excited to see her in New Moon.

The Nomads were also amazingly cast! Cam as James was incredible, he did so good.

I pretty much loved them all except for a few minor details. Nikki as Rosalie .. ehh. I think they should have went with an actual blonde. She paid Rosalie well, but she didn't look the part, to me at least.
Like other said, Kristen could have done a better job as Bella. I've seen some of Kristen's other movies and the girl has serious acting potential which she should have brought with her to Twilight.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

i was actually the most surprised over Rob's performance. I really think he did an amazing job with Edward. Everyone was so freaked out about him playing Edward and I think he was the best out of anyone. I think Kristen Stewart cant act out of a wet paper bag and she did eh as Bella. Hardly any emotional change throughout the movie. I would have liked to see her play her a little bit differently.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

I think Rosalie played her part the best, she was like, spot on. Selfish, arrogant, up herself. I like her now.
The appearances of the cast was okay, apart from Edward. He wasn't what I imagined him to be. I imagined him to be more...angelic. And I don't think Robert Pattinson got it right, his voice wasn't even velvety. I don't know if it was just the script but he made Edward seem like a weird, insecure, nervous, stalker stuttering guy. Edward was supposed to be a huge know-it-all and with all the witty retorts to bella, and protective of her.
And there wasn't much chemistry between Bella and Edward, their relationship didn't really grow, like it did with the books, but it was really fast. like, one day he saves her from being raped then the next he's like, you are my life now, all i want is to protect you bella.

I think they got the nomads wrong. What's with the walking thing? They like, walk one step then suddenly theyre like, ten metres away. pff. They got their clothes wrong too, (what's with the fur?!) and victoria was baaaaad. Her hair isn't even that red! oh and the ultimate question:
Vamires are black now?
AND, they made Twilight seem like some sort of icky love predictable chick flick thing. What's with the prom? and how they predictable went out onto the rotunda or whatever its called with all the christmas lights everywhere and then slow dance there. and how they predictably kiss there and how, magically, the other people disappear. Twilight isn't like that...right? And Bella and Edward's love for each other seemed so stereotypical and fake and icky. Their love is supposed to be about ze forbidden fruit and how he's breaking the rules to be with her!....right?

Or was I just blinded by Edward's dazzlingness?

I don't know..
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I really liked everyones performance. Ashley Greene was great as Alice, I thought Anna Kendrick was a hoot as Jessica, she stole all the scenes she was in.
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

Emmet's my fave ever. I cannot wait to see more of him being Emmet :)
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

Rob as Edward..not completely supermodel,drop dead gorgeous how Bella described him in the book..but he was plenty handsome as the character,and he had that brooding vampire thing down,was lacking that charming witty sense of humor that he had in the book.
Kristen as Bella..she was pretty good..when portraying the love she had for Edward..she didnt really deliver like i would want to see Bella do. but she did a pretty good job nontheless.
Ashley as Alice=dead on..i loved her and cant wait to see her character in new moon..especially when she hi-jacks that porsche!

I'm a little curious though about Taylor playing Jacob..he's trying to bulk and beef up for New Moon..he's still going through puberty..so when Jake grows and grows and grows into this grown man trapped in a teenage body..do u think they will still be using Taylor?
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

MissWhitlock wrote:I think Rosalie played her part the best, she was like, spot on. Selfish, arrogant, up herself. I like her now.
The appearances of the cast was okay, apart from Edward. He wasn't what I imagined him to be. I imagined him to be more...angelic. And I don't think Robert Pattinson got it right, his voice wasn't even velvety. I don't know if it was just the script but he made Edward seem like a weird, insecure, nervous, stalker stuttering guy. Edward was supposed to be a huge know-it-all and with all the witty retorts to bella, and protective of her.
And there wasn't much chemistry between Bella and Edward, their relationship didn't really grow, like it did with the books, but it was really fast. like, one day he saves her from being raped then the next he's like, you are my life now, all i want is to protect you bella.

I think they got the nomads wrong. What's with the walking thing? They like, walk one step then suddenly theyre like, ten metres away. pff. They got their clothes wrong too, (what's with the fur?!) and victoria was baaaaad. Her hair isn't even that red! oh and the ultimate question:
Vamires are black now?
AND, they made Twilight seem like some sort of icky love predictable chick flick thing. What's with the prom? and how they predictable went out onto the rotunda or whatever its called with all the christmas lights everywhere and then slow dance there. and how they predictably kiss there and how, magically, the other people disappear. Twilight isn't like that...right? And Bella and Edward's love for each other seemed so stereotypical and fake and icky. Their love is supposed to be about ze forbidden fruit and how he's breaking the rules to be with her!....right?

Or was I just blinded by Edward's dazzlingness?

I don't know..
I dunno i thought the Black vampire was pretty cool..or am i a little bias because i am black? And i've seen a quite a few movies with black vampires(ie Blade,Queen of the Damned,Vampire in Brooklyn haha,and Underworld) i dunno but he was pretty cool and kinda cute lol. I would have loved to see Victorias hair that "startling" shade of red with the tree debri in it lol
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
Lara Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Lara Cullen »

I think Rob really nailed Edward, even in interviews he knows what would Edward say so..I'm pretty happy with him. Ashley was a great Alice too ^^
Everyone looked up adrenaline rush on Google after they saw the movie. =)

rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I thought Billy Burke did an absolute excellent job with Charlie. He almost had me crying during the scene where Bella leaves with Edward to escape from James. He was just perfect. And i also think he's kinda attractive ;)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I really liked all of their performances. The ones that stood out were:
-Rob as Edward. I really enjoyed him as Edward.
-Billy as Charlie. He was just hilarious and I loved all his one liners.
-Ashley as Alice. She was an awesome Alice! I was wondering if she'd be able to pull off her perkines and I thought she did.
-Kellan as Emmett. He was just hysterical!
-Michael as Mike and Ana (?) as Jessica were so fun too.
-Nomads. They were all great and scary! Especially Cam as James.

One comment about having Edi play a vampire. Just because he's back doesn't mean he can't be a vampire! Nowhere in Twilight does it talk about or distinguish w/race. I find that terrible people are saying bad things just because of that! He was great as Laurent!

I'm not going to go into a critque of them. They were my favorites and I loved them!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson