Chapter 9 ~ Theory

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Theory

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?
I like the one when he says "I hear voices in my head and and your worried you're the freak".

2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?
Not really she knew it was the only way she could get him to tell her what she wanted to know.

3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?
The fact that Edward is a vampire. She is in love with him and doesn't want to be without him.

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.
Sadness, she is sad because Edward is warning her about how dangerous he is and that she shouuld think about that and should think about staying away from him wich hurts her to think about.

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?
I would say it was love at first sight, but she didn't admitt it to herself until then.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why? "I hate driving slow." Because it made me laugh.

2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him? Not really, she hasn't seen what's happened yet.

3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella? What Edward is or what he's done.

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry. I think she was just overwhelmed with everything.

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward? Think, "I beat you to that one fifty pages ago!"
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?
"And you accused me of dazzling people - poor Jacob Black."

2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?

Yes--she has seen Edward's temper and she doesn't want him to get mad at Jacob.

3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?
Because she is already in love with him--nothing else matters to her.

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.

I think she feels rejected, she just told him how much she cares for him and he says that its wrong for her to care and he doesn't want to hear it.

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?
That she doesn't care that he is a vampire and that he wants her blood
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Post by biteme21 »

"How old are you?"
"Seventeen."
"How long have you been seventeen?"
"..A while."

best quote ever! i love it. its so mysterious and intruiging.

I think Bella regretted it because she felt like she was using Jacob to get something and she felt guilty and mean.

It doesnt matter because Bella is already in love with him. Love is blind.

anguish, embarresment, and anger.

Honestly, uhhm i'd say
the second she layed eyes on him?
bahaha but well its obvious that she was in love with him
even before she was aware of him being a vampire
and most importantly
she loved him even after she found out.
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?The radio frequency comparison.

Not at all, she's more curious with every second that goes by.

Because she's falling in love with Edward and in every relationship there are sacrifices to be made.

Maybe it was frustration. Edward kept telling her to stay away from him and she thought it was useless because she had gotten too deep. She knew too much about him and there was no way back.

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?[/quote]
When she knew Edward would never let anything happen to her now that she knew all the truth. She realized Edward would never hurt her.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I really liked the whole lines about the radio frequency and Bella thinking there was something wrong with her mind.

No not at all. She was curious and she was going to have to find a way to figure it out eventually so I don't think anything was wrong with it. She seemed embarrassed that she told him but other than that nothing.

She's going to love him no matter what and it's already too late. I think it was a love a first sight kind of thing for her, and I don't think anything was going to stop this relationship from happening.

I think a huge part of it was that she wasn't getting the reactions she had hoped for out of Edward. But I'm not entirely sure.

I think she was interested ever since the first day that she saw him. But the moment she realized she was in love was at dinner. I think it started when he saved her for the first time and developed every moment they interacted.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I agree with everyone else.. the Freak quote was hilarious haha :D It was just.. soo.... idk!!! it was an awesome quick response from Edward.

I dont think she regrets it.. I just think she doesnt want Jacob to act on it at all.. So shes worried about that part of it.

She's too focused on her feelings for Edward than anything else.. so nothing else matters.

I think its stress mostly. She wants to be with Edward and she is suddenly reaaaallly realizing this. Shes frustrated because Hes trying to convince her that they shouldnt be together and she doesnt want that..
and that Shes sort of realizing that he may love her too..

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward? Just then.. haha :) no umm.. i think it was a gradual process.. and she just began to realize it in this chapter.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-"i hear voices in my head, and your worried your the freak" hahah ! i loved that. its so bella to think something like that.

-yeah, a little. it wouldnt be bella if she didnt feel even a little bad for doing something like that.

-the fact that edwards a vampire doesnt matter to bella, because shes already fallen in love with him.

-she was probably fustrated that edward wouldnt let her say how she felt for him.

-the first time she saw him. even if she didnt realize it yet, and even if edward was glaring at bella, the first time they looked at each other something just clicked.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

When Edward asked Bella "Do I dazzle you?" This is mostly because it was hilarious to read in Midnight Sun. You'll understand if you read it.

Yeah, I thnk she feels guilty for giving him false hope and than having to crush it.

Because she has already complerely fallen in love with Edward. And when you're that in love with someone, it doesn't matter what they've done or what they are. It truely doesn't matter.

There was alot of emotions going on through that whole chapter. I think she was frustrated that Edward was trying to push her away just when they were finally getting close.

I think it's like what I said for number 3. Nothing matters anymore. Thats how in love with him she is.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

For some reason I just LOVE it when Edward says, "Does it matter?" and when Bella says, "Holy crow!"

Yes because now she is allowing herself to really like Edward and she is worried that Jacob will comeback into the picture.

Because she has already fallen for him.

I think anger and frustration.

I think that it is meant to show that this is not just some regular high school love, it is much deeper and much more complicated than that.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun