Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
whit5ney
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by whit5ney »

They completely got Bella wrong. This Kristen girl was not the right actress to play Bella's character-- the acting was terrible at times. Edward's character was good- but it would have been so much better if they got Bella right. Kind of disappointed :(
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

AngelYve83 wrote:Onyxeyes you personally didn't offend me either. I agree with Navarre that Twilight wasn't what it was cracked up to be. I got more worked up with the fact that people felt you shouldn't express your feelings about the movie if you didn't like it. They keep making up excuses and praising the director and screenwriter for this. I also felt Kristen Stewart was horrible as Bella. she always looked bored.
Probably because she hated the script as much as we did. :lol: I don't think she truly understood Bella just like poor ole' Rob did not really understand Edward. Both of the performers missed the core of these characters.

Bella may have been an introvert, but she was sharp, quick and had a dry wit & was funny and sarcastic, yes she was strong but never stilted except when looking a Edward's beauty and all.
And Edward for his part, was very self-possessed, poised and confident. He was thrown a curve ball when Bella came into his life and then discovered that he was falling in love with her. Their relationship was never developed in the movie and along with other things like the Meadow scene, blood typing, etc. all of which I have foamed at the mouth profusely about.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

It's not that I didn't like the movie, don't get me wrong I thought it was great for a movie on it's own. Compared to the books however, it was nothing. The books are 10x better. I pretty much agree with what everyone else was saying. Their whole relationship was rushed and it felt like it came out of no where. I'm sad that the meadow scene especially because it is so crucial to their relationships. While they did show them talking a few times while music was playing, it was during transitional periods of the movie so you couldn't see their relationship developed. I wish the prom scene would have been different and that she would have worn a stiletto and the dress looked more like the one described in the book. I also wish the hospital scene at the end of the movie would have been extended to show more as well. I wish they would have shown more with Bella's relationship with the Cullens as well.

Most of the characters were fine with me. I pictured Rosalie completely different but Nikki Reed did a good job with all of the acting. I think Taylor Lautner did well with Jacob but I can't see him continuing in New Moon because Jacob is supposed to be so grown looking that I don't think it will work out as much as that sucks. Rob Pattinson is just amazing although in the beginning of the movie his acting was a little awkward. Kristen Stewart was alright as Bella. I don't think she fits the part though. I can't see her being Bella in Eclipse or Breaking Dawn if they ever get made into movies. She just doesn't seem sensitive enough to play her. Jessica in the movie seemed more friendly and not as jealous as the Jessica portrayed in the books but thats nothing major really.

Ok that was a lot of complaining. I needed to get that out haha.
Last edited by natterss707 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

i HATE all the monkey stuff.. "hold on spider monkey" and rose's "monkey man"!!!! My friend called me b4 the movie came out and said she saw a sneak peak and edward called bella spider monkey... i totally thought it was a joke ( like when she told me harry potter died lol) that was the absolute stupidest thing in the whole movie, besides him climbing trees like a monky!! where was ANY tree climbing in the book?? Another thing, when carlise said "good kitty" to rose??? OMG so stupid! i seriously didnt get it............ shoo, glad thats out lol
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

Well at least we will be getting a new director for New Moon!!! I'm a bit excited to see who will direct it! :D
his_bella
Settled in Forks

Post by his_bella »

As a movie.. it was good.. but as a book adaptation.. it was terrible.
See.. i understand that you need to add and subtract things to give meaning to people who haven't read the books but they really didn't have to do alot of the things they did =/
- billy driving
- waylon dying.. i understand that they wanted to give depth to charlie's character by adding tht they were friends for a long time.. but in NM .. Harry dies, so the repetition of charlie's friends dying may cause that part with Harry to be left out.
- The lullaby.. it was nice, but it was SO simple! Edward's supposed to be this amazing musician.. and it was just.. not that intricate at all...
- All the making out for that bedroom scene where Edward pushed Bella on the bed.. he didn't do that kind of thing till Eclipse.
- Bella should have worn the lacy stilletos like in the book rather than..converse =/
- we didn't get to see Alice and company at the prom
- they portrayed the film as being a month long.. it didn't give the accurate depth of time. For example.. with the girl's choice ball, where they used prom in place and scratched girl's choice.. that would have been funny to have as well.
- Bella was supposed to be fragile. Kristen stewart...was not
- I also think that they made it more of an action than a romance.. you didn't get to fall in love with Edward.
navarre

Post by navarre »

his_bella wrote:As a movie.. it was good.. but as a book adaptation.. it was terrible.
See.. i understand that you need to add and subtract things to give meaning to people who haven't read the books but they really didn't have to do alot of the things they did =/
- billy driving
- waylon dying.. i understand that they wanted to give depth to charlie's character by adding tht they were friends for a long time.. but in NM .. Harry dies, so the repetition of charlie's friends dying may cause that part with Harry to be left out.
- The lullaby.. it was nice, but it was SO simple! Edward's supposed to be this amazing musician.. and it was just.. not that intricate at all...
- All the making out for that bedroom scene where Edward pushed Bella on the bed.. he didn't do that kind of thing till Eclipse.
- Bella should have worn the lacy stilletos like in the book rather than..converse =/
- they portrayed the film as being a month long.. it didn't give the accurate depth of time. For example.. with the girl's choice ball, where they used prom in place and scratched girl's choice.. that would have been funny to have as well.
- I also think that they made it more of an action than a romance.. you didn't get to fall in love with Edward.
The Meadow scene - the Meadow scene!!!! Blood typing and bascially the movie as a whole - terrible.
I agree with your examples.
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

his_bella wrote:As a movie.. it was good.. but as a book adaptation.. it was terrible.
- billy driving
I so agree with you! There was more of a build up with the nomads instead of Bella's and Edward's relationship. Melissa Rosenburg did a terrible job with condensing the book. All I really wanted to see in the movie was the real connection E & B made. Particularly keep alot of conversations flowing with them like the Blood testing, the drive home from the restaurant, the meadow scene where he actually kisses her first and not in her bedroom. This wasn't a romace film that they made, it was more action driven than anything. I mentioned that all the real action in the book only happened in Eclipse. I don't have much hope for New Moon anyways since Melissa is still the screen writer and from what I read Edward has been included throughout the script in New Moon. Hopefully there's a director that can fix the script and agrue about not including him in it so much.
his_bella
Settled in Forks

Post by his_bella »

heh.. thanks angelYve and Navarre

two other things i didn't like about the movie:
- edward was always yelling at bella! jeez! i understand that he did at SOME points when he was trying to get his point across, but there were times when he was supposed to be sarcastic or joking and he was just being mean =(
- bella seemed REALLY scared =/
navarre

Post by navarre »

his_bella wrote:heh.. thanks angelYve and Navarre

two other things i didn't like about the movie:
- edward was always yelling at bella! jeez! i understand that he did at SOME points when he was trying to get his point across, but there were times when he was supposed to be sarcastic or joking and he was just being mean =(
- bella seemed REALLY scared =/
The thing of it is that he never would have yelled at her for tripping or falling like he did in the movie. He found her clumsiness endearing and that was one of the things about Bella that Edward loved.

In the book he got irritated when she would not tell anyone where she was going(Meadow) and Edward did not like that idea because he was afraid of his actions, but he never yelled at her. He loved her. Period.

Also, there was no greenhouse field trip - UGH!!! Do not get me started on everything else that was soooo wrong with this movie. :x :evil: