Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by amie »

Stephenie isn't qualified to direct. It's sort of like saying "I like my mom - she should be president!" - there's a lot more involved than just saying "Action!"

What we should hope for is a director who will freely go to Stephenie with questions as they arise, a screenwriter who will glue themselves to the book, heart and soul, and passion for the real New Moon over rushed product or personal creative rights.

Tricky thing to find, to say the least.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I just really hope that the new director does us good. It would be heartbreaking to have seen Twilight do so well, and then have New Moon be...bad. I am just hoping for the best!
ImageImage
E<3B
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

I am so dissapointed with Summit. The way i hear it they will not give any more $$$ for the special effect. That was a huge hangup for Catherine Hardwicke. From what I have heard (not what was released) CH wouldn't sign on without a larger budget to do better effects and ultimately make a better movie.
Summit felt that they made all this money on a movie with a low budget why through more money at it.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
dazzled_twilighter
Wandering Through Town

Post by dazzled_twilighter »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I just really hope that the new director does us good. It would be heartbreaking to have seen Twilight do so well, and then have New Moon be...bad. I am just hoping for the best!
well I would actually have to say the exact opposite of you. I think Twilight was terrible (it only did well b/c of the large fan base), so even if New Moon is bad, it won't be a surprise.

I think Summit made a good decision letting Catherine Hardwicke go. But I do agree that they did it for the wrong reasons. So I really hope they make a good decision in choosing a new director.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

dazzled_twilighter wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:I just really hope that the new director does us good. It would be heartbreaking to have seen Twilight do so well, and then have New Moon be...bad. I am just hoping for the best!
well I would actually have to say the exact opposite of you. I think Twilight was terrible (it only did well b/c of the large fan base), so even if New Moon is bad, it won't be a surprise.

I think Summit made a good decision letting Catherine Hardwicke go. But I do agree that they did it for the wrong reasons. So I really hope they make a good decision in choosing a new director.

BINGO!!!! Notice how far the movie fell the next weekend - a whopping 62%!!!! That is bad!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

Since Summit had other motivations besides "making a better accurate sequel" for passing on CH, I would have much rather she stayed because I don't think they'll be choosing the next director in the right state in mind...

We'll see what happens.
Last edited by sarina1113 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Yeah, well, to each her own, right? I though it was a really good movie, entertaining in the least! I wouldn't have seen it three times, if I didn't like it. :)
ImageImage
E<3B
navarre

Post by navarre »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:Yeah, well, to each her own, right? I though it was a really good movie, entertaining in the least! I wouldn't have seen it three times, if I didn't like it. :)

Ummm, yeah. Like you said to each her own.
Last edited by navarre on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

I vote Peter Jackson.He always sticks well to the books but changes bits to make the film better.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
navarre

Post by navarre »

vamp na hEireann wrote:I vote Peter Jackson.He always sticks well to the books but changes bits to make the film better.

That would be awesome, but to get that coup, Summit would have to come up with a fee equal to GNP of some third world country to get him.

PJ would know exactly what to do and then some. :D