1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?
She probably doesn't want Charlie to gain a relationship with Bella, probably because she knows how distant Charlie can be, and doesn't want Bella to undergo that. At first I though Renee needed to get her priorites straight, even though Bella decided to go live with Charlie, she could have offered to come visit occasionally, make some compromise...!
2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?'
It actually took me until thought about it later to get all of the details. I was just too shocked and worried about Bella the first time, haha.
3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident?
I thought he was more worried about Renee being freaked out that Bella had gotten hurt. But after a while, I was thinking, "No, wait, he really is worried about Bells. He actually wants to make an effort to be the parent! It took me a while to get to his lack of...life-skills. XD
4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions?
Could he be my
dad?! No, but really, I thought I loved his personality, he was very like, go with the flow...
5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?
Edward never really frightened me, I am always drawn in by his characteristics!