Alphie wrote:These questions were provided by the lovely Seraphyn.
1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
the kids at Bella's school are still gossiping like they did when the Cullens where there. This tells you that the kids don't try to get to know anyone on a deep level. Since Bella does, she is the only one affected by their absence.
2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why?
I thought the dream was a warning to her that Sam is something dangerous and he isn't as helpful as he appears to be. Maybe she is nervous abou what people think about her new friendship with Jacob and thats part of why her dream has changed. Jacob is this happy kid and Bella was so zombie like for so long..... I hope that makes sense.
3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year?
Despite having Jacob as a friends, she truely is alone now. Last year she wasn't alone and she had Edward waiting for her after class all the time. Also she is hurting a lot right now, and I think on some level she wants someone to reckonize that and comfort her. Or she just wants to know that someone cares and isn't being fake. Its like how in Twilight she told Edward about how she moved to Forks to be miserable and make her mom happy. He told her "You put on a good show but I'm willing to bet that you are hurting more than you let on." Bella never talked about that issue more afther that, but she became more happier since she knew that Edward cared about her when she is sad so she needed need to be visible last year. This year she does.
4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing?
I think he's happy that she is more life like but he wants to know exactly what caused this. He knoews Bella is probably happy because she is hanging out with Jacob but he doesn't realize that its more what they are doing that is making her happy. I think Charlie is nervous too. Edward is gone and he knows about Billy's suspicions on the Cullens. He also knows how much Bella hates those suspicions so he doesn't understand why Jacob would be the one the made her change so fast...
5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests