Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by CantBreathe »

amie wrote:I imagined it was something along the lines of "by "animal" I mean "vampires"" "Anyone we know?" "No one I've met before." "working alone?" "I smelled three" or something like that.

Am I going senile (possible) or was there absolutely no mention of the "Cullen Crest" in the books? I just have no recollection of this whatsoever, and while I liked the wristlet Edward wore (I just happen to like that style on guys, always have) it seemed a little too "marketing opportunity" to me. So I'm hoping that it's mentioned all the time and I was too busy in my own little fantasies to notice...
That was pretty much what I imagined their "conversation" to be as well. Nope, the Cullen Crest was not in the books. It really was just a marketing opportunity created for the movie. I actually like it though even if it is selling out a bit, seems like it could have been in the books, it's not too unrealistic.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

i don't know if this was already mentioned...
but when bella google searches the legends
did anyone else see the link for little brown in the side bar?
:lol:
that was cute.
randomness bum<3
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

amie wrote:I imagined it was something along the lines of "by "animal" I mean "vampires"" "Anyone we know?" "No one I've met before." "working alone?" "I smelled three" or something like that.

Am I going senile (possible) or was there absolutely no mention of the "Cullen Crest" in the books? I just have no recollection of this whatsoever, and while I liked the wristlet Edward wore (I just happen to like that style on guys, always have) it seemed a little too "marketing opportunity" to me. So I'm hoping that it's mentioned all the time and I was too busy in my own little fantasies to notice...

As far as I remember, it wasn't in the books, but that's the convo i imagined too.
wildroses wrote:i don't know if this was already mentioned...
that was cute.
YES!! I pointed at the screen like, "OMG", but of course hubby didn't understand :lol:

BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

that was cute.
Ha, ha. Of course I did! I think that was a cool way to make reference to Little Brown, don't you think?
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:
that was cute.
Ha, ha. Of course I did! I think that was a cool way to make reference to Little Brown, don't you think?
haha yeah i thought it was clever
i giggled and looked around like "did anyone notice that?!" but i didn't say that of course lol
randomness bum<3
JodeenSings
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Again, maybe not so much an inside joke, am I hearing it right does the Waitress says to Waylon something like "yeah, butt-crack Santa" does he reply with "the kids love those little bottles"?
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

JodeenSings wrote:Again, maybe not so much an inside joke, am I hearing it right does the Waitress says to Waylon something like "yeah, butt-crack Santa" does he reply with "the kids love those little bottles"?
*lmao* That's what I hear as well... I don't know what that's supposed to mean... I thought maybe he was a drunk and had some serious plumber's crack in his Santa costume... any ideas anyone?
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

Liquor bottles - the little ones, like you'd get in a hotel mini bar
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

ar you SURE he's not saying those little baubles? "Little bottles" is what i heard too, but now that i think about it, it makes no sense.... :|

SerenaCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by SerenaCullen »

*E>Stupid.Lamb<3* wrote:could anyone else tell when Edward and Bella on the way back from Port Angles....they stopped at the police station....Carlisle came out...if watch Edward it seems as though Carlisle was saying something in his head and Edward was reading it.
Omg i was thinking the same thing.
i bet someone who didn't read the books wouldn't notice.