Chapter 10 ~ The Meadow

A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Re: Chapter 10 ~ The Meadow

Post by Forever_Twilight »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
I had no idea what was up with Jacob's attitude and especially Billy's as well. =/ I was like his illness might be spreadable and he just doesn't want Bella to catch it but I became pretty suspicious when that excuse wore out.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
HECK YEA! I totally had my eyes on that it was Edward from how Bella was seeing things. (Darn Stephenie Meyer for making me jump up and down on my bed until Bella cried, "Laurent!". =/

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
My thoughts were exactly like Bella's: they were the so-called "bear" everyone was talking about. I can see now that Stephenie Meyer gave a hint by saying how the wolf that looked at Bella wasn't fit for an animal; that it was more like Jacob's beautiful eyes. I had to read the entire book to catch that. LOL

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
It wasn't until Jacob was in Bella's room, telling her to remember the legends he told her on the beach. At this point in the book, I was still clueless.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
Yes, I did. Since Edward said she would be safe with him gone and then Victoria comes back, I thought he would have kept his promise and had come back to protect her (since Alice can see the future and knew Bella really well).
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
I was kind of suspicious. I definitely thought there was more wrong with him than he led on. I wasn't exactly positive of what it was but I had an idea that it had something to do with the "gang" of the tribe.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
I did at first and then I was quick to find that I was disappointed. When I knew it was Laurent I was surprised and then knew something was up.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
At this point I KNEW IT WAS JACOB. I just had a feeling. And then all of the strange things that happened through the book started to make sense and everything came full circle. I was proud of myself for this one, I'm not usually that observant.

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
I guess I didn't know he was a werewolf per say, but I knew he was that wolf that looked at Bella. I just wasn't sure about how that came about and what exactly his title (if that word works) was.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
I really did think that they were going to come back if and when they found out this news. I was disappointed when they didn't to be truthful.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

Not to that extreme I knew that there was something wong but I didn't know just how bad it was. Or that it involved the La Push "gang".

Yes in the begining I thought that Edward had come to check up on her and had gone to the meadow and found her there.

Yes as soon as Bella saw the wolves I knew what was happening at La Push and that the wolf that looked at her was definitly Jacob.

Yes as soon as Bella said that the wolves eyes reminded her of Jacob I knew that he had become as his legends said a wolf. I just didn't know how and was curious to know.

I knew that some how they had to find out about Bella being hunted by Victoria I just didn't know how they would know.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:These questions were prepared by ECABS.

1)At first I did not know what his problem was. I felt it had to be something pretty dark and bad to cause him trouble. b.) Not at first.

2)No. Because she was quick to recognize that it was not Edward by the description, I just knew it was a vampire.

3) Crap!! What a trip! I was nervous at first, then when the first wolf padded past Bella looking at Laurent, I felt it was not there to harm her. I suspected Jacob, because of the dream form Twilight.

4) Yes.

5) No.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I was suspicious of his illness, but I was more willing to accept he was just sick than Bella was.

For about a heart beat. Then reality came back and I knew that there was no way in the world that after all this time Edward would just appear out of the shadows.

I wasn't at all scared like Bella was. If I was her, I would have run and hid behind the wolves. I knew that they were there to save her. And when the Jacob wolf looked at her, I knew it was him. The whole werewolf thing in Twilight came back to mind and I was look "Jake's a werewolf!"

Duh! It clicked at that point. I actually went back to reread that part of Twilight to jog my memory.

I thought that the Cullens had known about Victoria. But I also thought that they knew about the werewolves and that they left only becuase they knew that the pack would kepp Bella safe.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-i had no idea what was wrong with jacob, but i was supicious like bella.

-sadly, no. i knew it wouldve been to easy. not that i im saying i didnt wish...

-i remember thinking this was a good thing, because bella was safe now, but im not sure if i thought right then about jacob or edward had something to do with it.

-haha no, i was totally oblivious to that right up until bella figured it out herself.

-yes! i thought for sure they would come back to save bella from victoria.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Pretty Alice
Settled in Forks

Post by Pretty Alice »

I didn't really care what happened to Jacob. You could read my avatar if you don't believe me. I just got pissed when Bella invited Jacob to go to the meadow with her. That's Bella and Edward's meadow, not Jacob's! :evil: I just figured maybe he was seeing some other girl and got mono from her.

Until Bella figured out it was Laurent, yes. I was practically jumping up and down and cheereing. :D Then it was just Laurent. Then I was dissapointed. Then, when Laurent turned out to still be evil, I kept hoping that Edward would pop out from behind a bush somewhere. I hoped that he would show up whenever his voice did. I kept getting dissapointed. :cry:

I thought it was going to turn into some kind of fight, right there in the meadow. That would have been fun to read. It would have been even more fun if Edward had shown up. Bella probably would have been able to get away a lot faster with Edward around. I kind of figured the russet wolf was Jacob because of the dream in the first book.

Unfortunately, one of my friends had already told me that the second book involved werewolves, so I figured it out way before I should have. I am now very mad at that friend for ruining the book.

Oh, there was no doubt. I honestly thought the main plot of the book would involve Edward somehow finding out about Victoria and Laurent, then coming back and trying to act as Bella's personal bodyguard (as always). The Edward-trying-to-commit-suicide thing really shocked me. I couldn't put the book down after that! :D
Annabanana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Annabanana »

I was not exactly sure but I knew it had something to with sam and the others

In one way I knew it wasn't Edward because I thought he would come back in some other way, not just that 'random'.. but I couldn't stop hoping it was him

It was around there I started to figure out that sam, jacob and the others actually were the wolves.. I really thought it was jacob who looked at bella, and yea I was right. I didn't think edward had anything to do with it though.

Yes.

Yea, they had to come back to protect her
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1- well i definently never expected a werewolf! i thought it was a little supicios, but. . . .

2-i htoughtit might be. i just as suprised thatit was laurent tho.

3- i thought " YAY SHE WONT DIE!!!" but i didn't think much of it.i thought that it was eat her.

4-no. i had no idea.

5-IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! butof coure they didn't.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

At first I wasn't suspicious but then after Bella started freaking out like that, I started to believe that something more was indeed going on. I thought Sam was involved but didn't know exactly how at the beginning.

Not really. I didn't think too much at that point. I just read the next part before making up my mind so I immediately knew it was Laurent.

Yeah, that's when all the pieces of the puzzle fell together.

I did. I was quite certain of my little theory at that point.

Well yes. I thought Alice would see that and they would all return to save Bella.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana