Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by sachael »

navarre wrote:Sorry about this, but I think Jackson Rathbone and Ashley Green make the best looking couple. I mean when I watch them together they really look like they enjoy each others company. I wonder if they are together/dating in real life. Just a thought. :)

Anyone know?
they do have a great chmistry on and off screen.. they really looked good together.. great acting too.. :) the repelling poles.. i loved the team up.. well even better than rob/kristen..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

urcoolcarrie wrote:I could sit and list all the characters, but then again, all I'd be repeating is "perfect" over and over and over again. :) I loved everyone.
Just a couple detailed takes on the characters...
Edward-despite what people say, I think Rob played him PERFECTLY!! I think he got the Edward-hates-himself thing down. He realized how Edward had to be played, and did it beautifuly. Nobody could have pulled that off they way Rob did. :)
Bella-I always loved her as Bella. From the first released picture of her to the last scene of the movie, she was Bella. Brilliantly done. :)
Emmett-he got minimal lines, but was he great or what?! I wish we would have seen more of him. Kellan IS Emmett. :)

Like I said, the other actors did great. I loved Nikki as Rosalie. I became very confident with Jasper when I saw him-hair done well-in the cafeteria scene. Peter pulled Carlisle off nicely. Esme only got like, 2 scenes, but I see no faults. Ashley played the pixie I wanted Alice to be, and even Jake wasn't half bad. His hair is a bit iffy, but otherwise very nice.
Ashley is perfect as Alice.
Rob overdid Edward. Edward was self-confident, poised and very self-possessed, he was NOT a total angst-ridden guy. He was thrown a curve ball with Bella, but he got over that and found himself after they both fell in love. That was lost in Rob's over-the-top performance, but I still think he is good for the role - just lighten up, Rob.
Kristin - physically she is fine as Bella, but she just does not 'get' Bella. She needs to re-read the stories.
Kellan was great as Emmett.
Nikki was fine as Rosalie.
Jackson - well, he looks sort of like Jasper, but he really needs to get that stick removed from.... :lol:
Peter & Elizabeth as Carlisle and Esme were fine with me.

Fine cast overall - needs a better writer and director to guide them and SM to give a few pointers regarding their character portrayal.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
his_bella
Settled in Forks

Post by his_bella »

Loved Alice.. especially for the baseball scene (best scene imo) when she kicked her leg up when she was pitching.. very dancer alice'y.
I hated Edward's voice! omg! it was so.. not cute. He would be a MILLION times better with the British accent than that American one.
I don't really like Kristen Stewart so no comment.
Nikki Reed played a good Rosalie but i still think she didnt LOOK the part.
I dont understand why Carlisle was so much paler than everyone.. it really look pasted =/
Jasper was adorable.. especially the "he looks like he's in pain" part.. hehe... his hair didnt look silly in the movie and he was SOO sexy for the baseball scene! aaaaaah!
Taylor Lautner was an aaaaaadorable jacob
twilightroxmysox
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightroxmysox »

Just quickly did Bella smile ONCE in the whole movie????? I don't know if it was bad acting or bad script but Bella/Edward seemed rushed and without chemistry.
thanks to lalaith913 for the image

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!

E<3B
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

- Kristen Stewart played Bella horribly. She wasn't convincing at all. I really don't see the outstanding performance people seem to be portraying her to have done in this movie.

She's basically the only person I had a problem with. Everybody else did great they played their characters as how I read in the book.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

AngelYve83 wrote:- Kristen Stewart played Bella horribly. She wasn't convincing at all. I really don't see the outstanding performance people seem to be portraying her to have done in this movie.

She's basically the only person I had a problem with. Everybody else did great they played their characters as how I read in the book.
I agree, AngelYve83. My thought is that she really did not even like this character. She acted like it was beneath her to portray a young girl deeply in love. IDK - it just looked bad. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

Most of the Cullens didn't have much lines or scenes, so I can't really judge them. But, like pretty much what everyone else said, Kristen was really bad. It was like she was trying so hard to be all dramatic and professional that it just looked stupid and fake.
Edward was (i'm sorry) ugly. He's like all pointy and stuff, and it seems like he's always so nervous all the time. I wasnt dazzled, not really.
Angela was pretty good, and so was Jessica. Most of her school friends were good. I don't think they got Eric right though, he was too...out there. And they didnt show much of Mike's little crush on bella. It was only that time when Mike tried to ask her to the prom and that's it. Why didn't Tyler ask Bella to the prom? That scene was funny. :(
Rosalie, i think was the best one, she was really... rosalie.
Emmett was funny, of course xD
Charlie was AWESOME! The actor definitely got it right, all the awkward silences and the eating out thing. xD
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

AngelYve83 wrote:- Kristen Stewart played Bella horribly. She wasn't convincing at all. I really don't see the outstanding performance people seem to be portraying her to have done in this movie.

i agree, every time she was talking to edward so looked as if she was scared. and bella isnt scared of edward. when he asked...are you afraid?...she started breathing hella hard and then finally told around saying...no...i was like...are you sure cause you sure sound like you are....LOL
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

twilightroxmysox wrote:Just quickly did Bella smile ONCE in the whole movie????? I don't know if it was bad acting or bad script but Bella/Edward seemed rushed and without chemistry.
Yes Bella did smile. She smiled when she was talking to Esme at the baseball game. I definitely think that the Bella/Edward relationship was rushed but I think it had more to do with the writing than with the acting.

As far as Kristen playing Bella, I think she seemed a little flat. Not necessarily because of her acting skills, but because the writing.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

I was pretty pleased with the majority of the cast. I adored all the Cullen actors, Jacob and his dad, Charlie, the enemy vamps were fabulous, and even her schoolmates were spot on. But the one person that absolutely totally and utterly bothered me was the guy who played Eric(Justin Chon). He just seemed so weird and out of place with the rest of the gang, I couldn't figure out where he was coming from. After seeing the movie a gazillion times now, I have to literally close my ears when they're sitting in the cafeteria and he says "La Push". Thank god he was only in about two or three quick scenes.

ButI loved everyone else and though Kristen did an amazing job playing Bella. I think the calm, sort of semi composed manner in which she spoke might have been a cue from the director. But when she needed to show emotion, I think she pulled it off really well.

I can't even say how much I loved Robert Pattinson in Edward's shoes. I just lose my breath when I think about how well he did. He just became Edward and became completely engrossed in the role. Brilliant work on his part. But he keeps playing dead dudes - first Cedric and now Edward. What gives? :lol: