Moulin Rouge-the movie

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Moulin Rouge-the movie

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I love Moulin Rouge had the DVD watched it on numerous occasions, the chemistry between the two leads, Ewan and Nicole is just so spectacular when she dies you feel like this actual person has actually died, you wonder how Christian (Ewan) would live on.

I love the music its so upbeat at times then somber and quiet. My favourite song is Come What may and the Tango de Roxane one. #My gift is my sooong, and this ones for yooou#
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

A few weeks ago I watched the Moulin Rouge in my English class. The only reason our teacher wanted us to watch it was because Moulin Rouge was based on the Greek Mythology of Orpheus and Eurydice. I absolutely loved it. It was very beautiful and realistic. Ewan's and Nicole's acting actually made me believe the undying love their characters had for each other can actually exist in reality. Everything was beautiful in the movie. I would definitely want to watch the movie again.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
LoveMeSomeEdward

Got the DVD and planning on watching it later tonight! If only the Twilight movie portrayed their undying, unconditional love like Christian and Satine did....
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

holy crap. there are no words for Moulin Rouge. I'm kind of obsessed -- I have the Limited Collectors' Edition of the movie and both CDs in the soundtrack. I must have seen it at least ten times, and yes... I cry. :(

> the greatest compliment I ever got was someone on a bus telling me that I had hair like Satine.
*squeels with glee* :D
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

It's one of my all time favorite movies and I have loved ir ever since I went to see it in the theater (twice!) Anyone who knows me knows how I feel. In college My roommate and I made a tribute to Mouling Rouge dance video and my bedroom is Moulin Rouge themed and my bathroom is all about the Green Fairy. To me, Baz Luhrman creates some of the most beautiful images I have ever seen. They nearly break my heart. Even his version of Romeo & Juliet is not only awesome but a visual masterpiece. As metioned before, he brings humor to his movies as well. I absolutely love the "Like a Virgin" scene. CRACKS ME UP! And the Duke is hilarious with his squirmy face. Ewan The Love Of My Life McGregor (that's how I refer to him) is and always be my number one! Writing about this has made me has now made me want to watch the movie.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

Oh, I loved "Moulin Rouge" and I think Nicole Kidman did a wonderful job!
LoveMeSomeEdward

Baz has another film out which is probably already out in the US but i think its coming out on boxing day in the UK its called Australia and i am so going to watch it just becasue he directs it.
I first borrowed the dvd from the library and watched it countless times until the day i had to return in so i went and bought the dvd and then the collecters edition came out after i already bought the other one!!