The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Re: The Sound of Music---What instrument do you play?

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

I play electic guitar and write songs music and twilight are my life soo i spend lots of time doing both!!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
nickilovesalice
Settled in Forks

Post by nickilovesalice »

i play the trumpet in my scholl band. Yeah, I know it sounds geeky but it isn't, it's actually fun. Plus last year we went to an amusement park to play.it was sooooo fun! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

this is embarissing (spelling?) but i play clarinet in the same band as nicki (we have to for music geesh) because i can't make the buzzy noise to play the trumpett
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

i play the guitar it's really hard yet fun!!
i can play some songs, but i have to get better
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

I'm not a band geek, my mum just FORCED me to play these instruments. I actually cried during lessons cause I hated it so much. So, I learn piano and used to learn guitar for a few years, clarinet for a few years and sax for music class.
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I've played piano for 24 years. I play for my church choir, and my kids' elementary school choir. Tonight was the kids' Christmas program, and they did great. The director and I are both volunteers (asked because the teachers wouldn't do it this year) and we only had 6 weeks of practice. I'm so impressed that these 60+ kids learned 8 songs in just 6 weeks, completely memorized, with volume, soloists, and some actions.

I also play the organ, which so many people think is just like the piano (as I did), but it's not. When I have to play something on the organ, I'm always surprised at how much I have to practice.

My last instrument is voice. Yes, it is an instrument, even colleges say so. I started as a music student in college, as a vocalist. Never finished, though. I do miss singing in choirs. I'm a first alto, but when my voice is in shape, I can reach a high soprano A flat.

Next I want to learn to play the guitar, but as I have no guitar, and no time for lessons, it will have to wait.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I haven't very actively played music since when I was in high school band. I'd love to change that someday. Join a community band or the like. My main instruments are the baritone horn, flute and french horn in order of my affinity for them. I also like to dabble with the penny whistle :)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Cupcake
Settled in Forks

Post by Cupcake »

Waffle of Doom wrote:I don't play an instrument, but I was wondering for those of you who do, what is easier to play: bass guitar or normal guitar? I orignially wanted to learn drums, but I jsut don't have the space for a drum set, so now I can't decide which guitar I should take up.
Why not play both?!?!?!

I mean, it would get expensive eventually (playing any instrument can get expensive...why do you think musicians are always poor??). But there's no reason why you can't pick up any or all of the instruments you listed. Bass guitar, six string, drums...they're all part of the same theory so once you pick up one, the rest come like a piece of cake.

I play guitar, bass, piano, and drums (it was my job, for a while, to know how to play just about anything). It is totally possible to branch out from one instrument. Seriously, don't limit yourself if you can. The more you know, the more you can apply.

My advice though, is that if you really want to start playing an instrument. Some good ones would be either piano or guitar. Either of those would be the easiest for you to grasp music theory--not to mention that when you're just starting out--that is, if you want to start performing--it's easiest to write and perform alone (without a band) with both of those instruments.

Best of luck to you! I'm so excited for you!
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I play the piano and the flute

at first i hated playing both of them cause i had to practice, but now i like playing them
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
Jacobs_Grrl_14
Settled in Forks

Post by Jacobs_Grrl_14 »

Ok...here we go! :D

Clarinet (Nearly four years of playing constantly= First chair and section leader. :mrgreen: )
Tenor Sax (Learning it in summer band= recieving and extremely cute and amazingly talented boyfriend ;) )
Bass Clarinet (I suck up to my teachers alot in band :P )
Piano (attempting to teach myself...it's actually not that hard 8-) )
My voice (yes, for those who are wondering, everyone including my band director who also teaches chior refers to it as an instrument :P :D And I'm a very good singer)

I'm the biggest band nerd in my class :D And proud of it! Seriously, when people call me a band nerd I respond one of these two ways:

a. Your just jealous
or
b. You wishyou were cool enough to be one.

:lol: I plan on getting a shirt very soon that says "band nerd" and wearing it to school :mrgreen: