Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
I think he's jealous too and worried she might decide not to come home.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
Guilt, mostly. Bella's a lot like Jasper, in that she feels other's emotions keenly.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
Alice is bothered by much and she, like Edward just wants Bella to be safe.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?
Yes. :oops: Sorry Bella.

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?
No, I would want to be comfortable.
xkarax
Settled in Forks

Post by xkarax »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
Both. Hes obviously worried about her but there's definitely some jealousy there

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

Oh come one, she loves him too

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
Because shes learnt by now that Bella overreacts and also she wants to protect her. Plus, shes getting a Porsche :lol:

Yeah definitely! Id love to give people makeovers, and make Edward happy :D , and get a Porsche... :lol:

Haha no! Not in the slightest :lol: I would feel bad that they'd gone through all that trouble just for me though. But Id really just find it sweet :D
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

- I think it's both, I think he feels Jacob might be suited best for her cause she would live a happier life with him. But he doesn't feel comfortable since he feels the wolves can't control their emotions so he thinks something could happen to her while with Jacob.

- Well in New Moon she formed a very strong bond with Jacob. They were really good friends and he was very open with her. I really don't feel it's guilt but the fact he's her best friend and how he understands her very much.

- I think she saw in her sight that wouldn't stay upset for long and it would be the best from what she already knows.

- yes
- I wouldn't, I certainly wouldn't want to sleep on the couch.
Futuremrs.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Futuremrs.cullen »

I think Edward was concerned because he would let Bella go if that made her happy.

I think Bella wants to see Jacob because of guilt and friendship. Despite the fact that some people(ME) dislike Jacob insensly, Bella seems to like him as a FRIEND.

I think Alice isn't bothered because she knows Bella will forgive her.

Yes, that car is awesome. Plus, Bella is a clutz. There is a great chance if she wasn't at the Cullens, she would find a way to attrach an evil vamp or homicidal animal.

I would be touched by the bed because Edward cares sooo much.
Team Edward because Jacob doesn't *sparkle.*
(\______/)
(=* + *=)
Meow!
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

He is totally jealous! and maybe he is a little concerned about the wolves, but only a little.

I always thought that a part of her truly loved Edward. Like if Edward didn't exist then Bella would have been destined to fall in love with and marry Jacob. That part small part of her does love Jacob.

Because it is Alice! That's all I have to say about that, Alice will be Alice, we all know this.

Yes, I would have! A free car, come on now!

Oh my this question made me literally laugh out loud! No, I wouldn't have; I would have seen it as Edward being extremely considerate of my comfort.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Mrs. Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Black »

Well, at first, I thought that he was afraid of the danger the wolves presented. But as I read on, I realized he was jealous. ;)

I think she really misses the old Jacob, and she wants to go back a lot so she can see if he's changed. She's so desperate for the old Jacob, she'll do anything to get him back.

I think she expected it. She knew Bella would be outraged (psychic, remember?) so she was prepared for it. Plus Bella isn't usually up for Alice's ideas like that anyway.

Totally! Especially if I were a vamp.

Probably not. I much prefer beds to couches to sleep on, so I would be thankful that Edward was thinking of me and my comfort.

"Life sucks and then you die. Yeah, I should be so lucky." -Jacob Black
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

It's both. If anyone were in his place they would feel reluctant to let her go see him. Also, the wolves are dangerous and he does everything in his power to keep her out of trouble.

I think that she thinks she owes it to him for all that he's helped her through.

She's just doing what's best for her.. and she wants the porsche.

No, but I would keep an eye on her.

No, she overreacts. It was very nice even though it was like imprisoning her to the house
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

i think its both, jealosy of the bond between bella and jacob, and the knowledge that the wolves really can be dangerous when they lose their tempers.

jacob is like a brother to bella, he was such a big part of her life in new moon, that it really is hard for her not to see him

alice can see the future, she knows bella will get over it

yes

I would be angry for the same reason bella was angry
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

I think he is frustrated by how she would risk her life or whatever just to go see Jacob. He knows how dangerous wolves can be and hes worried and probably just frustrated at how ignorant she can be.

I think it could be because she has a small part that loves him BUUUUUUUUUT she always mentions how he's like a little brother or soemthing to her, his pain is her pain.

Because it's Alice! Alice is so kooky and outrageous, she couldn't be bothered by what someone thinks of her!

YES! I mean Alice's vison disappears whenever Bella goes to see Jacob and if my i couldn't see what was happening to my bestie then i would be extremely worried, knowing wehat werewoves are capable of

NO!!!! I mean i wuld totally be 'awwwww! he is just so freaking sweet!' and just sleep there all day! And when it would be time to go home, i would drag the bed home with me! :lol:
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!
dazzleme99
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzleme99 »

psht, he's jealousm of course. it's only natural to be.

well,
we now know she's actually in love with him, too. but come on, they're best friends. of course she wants to see him!

haha, she got her porsche! just kidding. she's not bothered because she knows edward has the best intentions at heart.

haha, if i believed that the werewolves were dangerous? i would do it for free.

probably. edward's just trying to bribe her not to want to go to jacob's!
Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampire’s wife to shack up and procreate. Nice.