Scott Westerfeld --The Uglies series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Re: Scott Westerfeld --The Uglies series

Post by *Aros_girl* »

So are you basing it on looks?
See that is why I love David.
Not fo his looks but the way he acts
He really didn't jude Tally on what she did.
He loves her anyway.

And I give him kudos for living like the rusties did.

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

When I read books, I am really bad at picturing the characters. I can only see them vaguely, so looks are moot to me. I'm going to have to re-read this books because I am forgetting everything. But I know for a fact that I loved David and liked Zane.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Tia, have ou never seen any of my banners and avvies? All of the guys in them are pretty.
And its not JUST on looks (Though it most certainly helps his case)!
He's smart, and daring, and funny, and tricky. Its mega-cool.
Oh heck, I'm talking like them!
And I'm not saying Tally should've stuck with Zane. I like the fact that she, in the end, kept David around, he's a good man for her. But for me, I'd take Zane, Cuz he's tricky, and bubbly and pretty. All big pluses for me.
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

elstardust wrote:I read this a while ago and have recommended it (along with Twilight, of course) to all my friends. They are really great books. I was so sad when Zane died. I almost cried. I did not like Extras. Tally had changed way too much through-out the story and it kind of bugged me. I also didn't like Aya, because where did the oriental thing come from anyway???

After reading the series with my best friend, we started sounding exactly like them. We caught on to the fact that names ending in Y (not Shay, obviously, because her name sounded out an A) or IE would have -wa and names with vowels. So we were Tara-la and Natalie-wa. We also used bubbly, dizzy-making and brain-missing, because who wouldn't? They are such cool words. :)

~ Elstardust
Actually, the rule is that if the name has an l in it, it ends in -wa, anything else ends in -la
ImageImageImage
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

See, when i read uglies. i loved David. When i read Pretties, i love Zane, and i haven't read the books in a while, but David is at the end right, before special circumstances come. hmm.. i must reread the books. anyhow, i REALLY love both David and Zane. and it broke my heart when Tally hurt David because she was with Zane, and when Zane (and i think i might be imagining this) but did he tell her to be happy? anyways, when he died, it broke my heart.

i love them both <333
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

debussygirl wrote:Am I the only David-lover out here? Zane's okay, but I just really like David because he's so down-to-earth. I don't know, I just like David more. Well, I at least know I'm not alone. In my middle school yearbook, my bookworm buddy wrote, "Zane sucks. Darcy rocks." Haha. That year we were going through an Uglies/Pride and Prejudice stage.
I love David too. Especially in Uglies. My favorite quote by him was in Specials, after Zane had died, and Tally found him in the rusty ruins. He said "You're not alone Tally. Don't pretend you are." I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY loved that line. Westerfeld couldn't have written a better series in my opinion. I always wanted to keep readding it, even when I had to put it down (uh, school).

also, what made me really sad in Specials was that Tally never got to say goodbye in to Zane. She never got to apologize or thank him for trying to better himself for her. It broke my heart. :cry:
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

malaz wrote:See, when i read uglies. i loved David. When i read Pretties, i love Zane, and i haven't read the books in a while, but David is at the end right, before special circumstances come. hmm.. i must reread the books. anyhow, i REALLY love both David and Zane. and it broke my heart when Tally hurt David because she was with Zane, and when Zane (and i think i might be imagining this) but did he tell her to be happy? anyways, when he died, it broke my heart.

i love them both <333

i felt the same way. i LOVED david in uglies but in pretties i LOVED zane. at first when zane came in i was like excuse me she is taken! but i ended up liking him a lot. i cried when he dies. but i never really got upset over her picking zane...idk i just really liked him
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

debussygirl wrote:Am I the only David-lover out here? Zane's okay, but I just really like David because he's so down-to-earth. I don't know, I just like David more. Well, I at least know I'm not alone. In my middle school yearbook, my bookworm buddy wrote, "Zane sucks. Darcy rocks." Haha. That year we were going through an Uglies/Pride and Prejudice stage.
Nah, David is my favorite. He is just so much more, well, real. Flaws are what make someone beautiful.

If you lived in the world of Uglies, would you get the transformation into being pretty?

For me, personally, I would not, and not because of the lesions, assuming I do not know about them. I don't like everyone to look the same or party all the time. I would like to do something with my life. Something meaningful.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Twilight<3 wrote: If you lived in the world of Uglies, would you get the transformation into being pretty?
Honestly, yes.
Now before you get on my case, you need to think about their world. They've grown up considering this acceptable and in fact a necessity. So therefore I think I would go through with it--it's like getting a driver's licsense to them.
However if I met the Smokies and knew about the lesions, then I think I wouldn't go through with it.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Oh, I understand where you are coming from. And the reason why I said my answer was because I go against everything in my town already. I see things for how they really are, especially America, which is why I think I would be able to see through the "ignorance is bliss" facade.