Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Re: Justin Chon as Eric Yorkie

Post by eden1437 »

omg...the guys cute and all, but he annoyed the hell out of me as Eric! I was silently telling him to shutup the entire move...ahhhhh! Did anyone else feel this way?????? I felt so bad for 'movie' Angela that she had to go anywhere with this full of himself...lmao. Sorry. Sidenote...speaking of Angela, I hope Ben is hot! Lol
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

nyx
Settled in Forks

Post by nyx »

Probubly the character most different from what I had imagined. I hope this dosen't come out racist, but I had imagined every single character in the book to be white. It is set in a small town in the US. Even in Canada, when I went to a smaller town of population 60 000, there were hardly any minorities except for myself, my dad, and his friend.

Eric's role was also very poorly acted. It made me cringe every time I heard him act all "hip" and "cool". Maybe this is because I am from an Asian background also and no other Asian acts like that at my school
cullen_kissez

Post by cullen_kissez »

I have to say I never considered Eric as Asian either..
But it works, even know when i read the books - I picture the characters as portrayed in the movie.
He used to star in Just Jordan right? or a similar comedy?
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

nyx wrote:Probubly the character most different from what I had imagined. I hope this dosen't come out racist, but I had imagined every single character in the book to be white. It is set in a small town in the US. Even in Canada, when I went to a smaller town of population 60 000, there were hardly any minorities except for myself, my dad, and his friend.

Yeah, I totally agree. I grew up in a very very small town and there was basically no diversity. I've also visited Forks and there definitely isn't much diversity there either. I dunno, Justin was just sooo far off from what I thought Eric would look like. Plus, I couldn't take him seriously; he was just a bit to peppy for me...Hopefully they tone it down a bit for New Moon...
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I thought he was quite good, I always pictures Eric has irritating and plain weird (that's how I saw him don't remember if that's how he was described, damn I gotta reread Twilight again) and they got that right. :D
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I dont really care about the asian part, but the way he portrayed his character! ugh! i mean, i knew he was annoying, but not that annoying and loud and in-your-face.

he acted okay though i thought.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
littlelamb

Post by littlelamb »

I guess I always pictured Eric as more dorky. Not so much the metro sexual mover and shaker. However, it totally worked for me. I honestly loved what Justin did with Eric and he totally made the character for me. I thought he was annoying but funny too. When he was talking about La Push I was cracking up because he was just trying so hard to be cool.
JodeenSings
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Yeah, Justin was probably the exact opposite of what I imagined Eric Yorkie to be. But I thought he was fun and funny - like littlelamb says - trying way to hard to be cool, and I liked the contrast between his character and Mick. The first time I saw the movie, I thought "dang, did this guy just say CHILLAX?" Sure nuf, the next time I saw it, he did!
BTW, although I haven't lived there, I have visted WA state before. There is a huge Asian/Pacific Islander population in Seattle (first time I had dim sum) - I don't find it so hard to believe that some would find their way to Forks. Any Asians or WA state posters on the Lex fill us in. Thanks!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
JodeenSings
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Just wanted to give some love to Justin - he hasn't said "LaPush, baby" to me in about a week. So I thought he should get a nice post here. Show the Chon some love Lexers!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

I didn't really pay attention to Eric in the book so I don't have an issue in how Justin played him...but I think he's funny and very entertaining in the movie. In fact, all the minor casts are entertaining...perhaps because we don't really put too much expectations in them. hee.