Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: "Adult Thread: Spoiler Warning" Psy/Changeling Series

Post by una »

nissanmama wrote:I want to take the psy-net home, make it cookies and tuck it into bed with a story.
I thought the same thing!

As some of you know, I'm located "In-the-middle, California" so I think based on the revised topography that I am in SnowDancer's territory (so this means Hawke is Mine, right, possession is 9/10ths the law - *keeping eye out for CherryKnots aka Hawke-claiming rival*). I love being in California and being able to see these places mentioned in my head and then have the Singh-colored glasses to see how it is in her world. With the air quality lately (especially the fires this summer) I do dream blissfully of the clean air she speaks of (I wish we had changlings).

And as an architect, I am completely fascinated by the changling homes and headquarters. I would LOVE to see the aeries of the leopards and the construction project/changling home development.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

And as an architect, I am completely fascinated by the changeling homes and headquarters. I would LOVE to see the aeries of the leopards and the construction project/changeling home development.
Una, I was thinking the same thing. I would love it if Singh would come out with a compendium of sorts for her Psy/Changeling world. I would love to see their homes, the caves that are mentioned, or an artistic rendering of the psy-net. I think she's got the right blend of elements in her books - descriptions, but not too much - baking, but not vulgar - good vs. evil (power corrupts), but not overwhelming - etc.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

I definately like this series, but I'm not ready to say I love it. When it gets too descriptive of the Psy networking I get lost. I'm not a big scifi fan. I did love the first book because of its uniqueness, but the second one was too similar to the first. But then I loved the third one because it switched the whole male/female role. I loved the fact that he did research! I found that hysterical!

Has anyone else fallen in love with the changelings' private dens? Maybe it's the nature girl in me, but WOW. The description of the one shower that was built into the rock cliff...I loved that!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I totally want a rock wall shower like Clay. Yeah, the architecture seems way cool. I try and envision their homes, but my mind isn't broad enough to picture it in more than a sketch. It would be neat to see an artist's rendering. Or maybe Di can design and build one for us all to come visit!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I thought it was Vaughn's shower. He's the artist, right? I picture the cave as being warm colored rock, not dark and dank.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

You are probably right Nissanmama. I can't remember. Either way, I would love to see a home in the trees/rocks/etc.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I have had the most difficult time trying to imagine a beautiful huge treehouse for adults. How does it have electricity, plumbing? I would love to take a tour with Vaughn.

I"m also curious as to how big Tammy's little cubs are. They are so precious. I love when Sascha let them nibble on her boots.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

It seems to me that the changlings use a lot of natural resources and power. I'm sure they utilize a more advance water reclamation system, solar power, etc. Which would explain how they can be in the trees without having a power cord give the location away. :D

I, too, sometimes get lost in the psynet world. But it holds my attention far more than the 'lesser' portions of BDB.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

I, too, sometimes get lost in the psynet world. But it holds my attention far more than the 'lesser' portions of BDB.
I had to laugh here because I have a problem reading through the 'lesser' parts too. I tend to glaze over on the lesser parts, although with Lash in that mix now, I did find them a bit more interesting this time around. I am not a huge Sci-Fi or computer tech fan, so at first I had a bit of a difficult time with the Psy network. Once I got used to it, and it became less effort/concentration to read about, I ended up really liking this series. I love the way they live in with nature, how the 2 groups cooperate, and the mix of action, good plot, and romance all in one. I am really looking forward to Dorian's book; I am hooked. What I really want is a book about Hawke. I hope since he lost his HEA, that it doesn't mean he can't ever have another.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I think we will get Hawke's story after we have a couple of others' first. It will make Hawke's story and finding his HEA even sweeter and more poignant. I see him as being like dessert. Yummy and worth the wait. ;)
Squee! Thank you, Nena!