1. Why is Edward now willing to change Bella into a vampire (provided she marries him) after being dead set against it for so long?
Well he was worrying that he would take her soul away, and that maybe she was just after him for the immortality (Edward *sigh* you stupid git! LMAO)
so now that they had the big talk and discussed why each one feels the way they do about changing Bella into a vamp, they can finally come to an agreement. Also Edward knows that she will wait for him to do it, and he knows he might have longer because of her fears of marriage.
2. Why is it still so important to him that she marry him before he changes her? Is there more to this than a strategy to delay her?
He loves her, and he wants to marry her. I think he also wants her to hav ethis human experience and have her mom and dad see her getting happily married. Kind of a last send off since he knows she won't be able to see them after she is turned.
3. Why is Bella so panicked at the thought of marrying Edward? Is there more to her reaction than she is saying? Does she actually understand her own reasons completely?
I think it's a valid reason for her to fear marriage. Look at what happened to her mother. She has been told over and over by Renee that you DO NOT marry young like she did. I think Bella sees this as a way of disappointing her parents. They don't understand her and Edwards relationship and cant truely understand their devotion to one another.
4. After the epiphanies of NM, how could Edward still imagine being immortal was more important to Bella than her love for him?
He is a stupid git lol
He is full of self loathing and does not like himself. He has no idea why bella would love someone like him. He can't understand her at all when it comes to her love for him. That is why he is so unsure of himself with the whole Jacob thing. He is jealous and afraid that jake might steal Bella from him. He is kind of like Bella, she can't grasp the fact that Edward TRUELY TRUELY loves her. it's the same for him. He is a monster, why would she want him.
5. Edward says that changing Bella is the most selfish thing he will ever do. Why is he nevertheless prepared to do it? Is this morally weak of him?
I think he is starting to just barely understand how devoted Bella is to him. He can see that she truely wants to be changed to spend the rest of eternity with him. He also knows that it will make her happy.