1. If Edward had shared Jacob’s thoughts with Bella (when he drops her off at the LaPush boundary line) do you think it would have caused Bella to acknowledge the pain she was causing Jacob and prevented the “Jacob-kiss” from happening?
I realize that SM had to keep Jacob in the story or they would have been very short books indeed. Without controversy they would also have been very lame books. That being said, Bella pisses me off with her insistence on hanging around with Jacob KNOWING Jacob was in love with her because he said it maybe in not so many words but she knew all throughout NM that he wanted more from her. She used him, and cast him out and then abused him later for her own self gratifying ways. I love Jacob... but I don't love Jacob and Bella.
2. Bella describes in detail why she wants Edward to change her. If she is going to be changed, do you think he wants to be the one to do it?
This was the only thing in the entire series that annoyed me. I understand SM is religious, but I am not. To me, Edward was unrealistic about her immortal soul, but that's because I don't believe we have an immortal soul. To answer the question, Edward wanted her, but didn't want to take away her soul. He loved her, and wanted to marry her, so he agreed to do it to get her to marry him. All in all though, he didn't WANT her changed at all.
3. What can you attribute Bella’s ambivalence about marriage to?
Ambivalence is hard to explain. It's like feeling both sides at the same time. I do not believe she was ambivalent at all. She was dead set against it because of her upbringing. Which personally I also thought was ridiculous. I was the kind of girl that knew at 14 I wanted to get married to someone I loved and have lots of babies. This had nothing to do with my parents or society, it was my heart's desire to be loved, and to love. Bella is a strange girl lol.
4. Bella constantly makes the distinction between the Jacob she likes—her young friend and the bitter werewolf Jacob who “bugs the hell” out of her. What do you think Stephenie’s purpose is in highlighting this throughout the book?
I suppose SM did it because she wanted to have that tiniest bit of annoyance with Jacob so that the only logical choice for Bella would be Edward. Edward doesn't annoy Bella like Jacob tends to.
5. Is it shocking that Bella would consider having Edward kill a human in order to gain an advantage in the fight against the newborns?
Not to me. Bella was always fretting over the people she cared about being hurt in the process of trying to save her. Especially Edward, love makes you do, say, and want things that you normally would not do, say or want.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia