Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by twilightapple »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?

Its too wierd for me. I feel like the person who is imprinted doesn't choose to be and it force to fall in love.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

I am indifferent towards the wolves.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

Yes I did. Edward already felt guilty about it and Jacob didn't do it to make Edward understand Bella's pain. He did it out of spite.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
YES! She is lending him on and allowing him to think that he has a chance with her when he doesn't. She needs to tell him no once in a while. It's not fair to Edward.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?

The advantages are they can tell the other wolves about their plans during an attack or can tell of one of them is about to make a stupid move. Also, the pack is close bonded. The disadvantage is the have to privacy and that would drive them insane.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I think it's cool.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
No, but I did like hearing about what he went through.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
No, I think that's Edward's punishment, for leaving her.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
Yes.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

- after getting a clear understanding of how imprinting works I actually find it rather interesting. I wish I could get imprinted on in that sort of way myself.

- I never had any ill feelings towards the wolves. I understood from Twilight and New Moon how why they acted that way. I enjoyed Sam's story very much.

- I am sort of mixed about this. Apart of me thinks yes he is wrong because he wanted Edward to feel so much guilt about what he did to Bella. And how he was there for her when he wasn't there to protect her. Which I found sort of selfish on his behave. But then I thought how very hurt he was and he did want Bella to himself again. And he just didn't understand Bella's and Edward's love for each other. He didn't understand the guilt Edward was already feeling about what happen.

-I think it does. Bella is already aware of Jacob's feelings towards her and she should have kept some sort of distance away from him. And not let what happen in New Moon continue as they were now.

- The advantage is that they can speak to each other and plan their stradegies. The big disadvantage is that you don't have any privacy. Everything you're thinking they all know. It's not like can just tell them certain things because they already hear everything you are thinking.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I think it's sort of misfortunate. I mean...it just kind of happens! -shakes head- It is very interesting though!

If that was the case, wouldn't we just be feeling very compasionate towards all of the characters? Because, they all have their own story. I guess in a way yes, because...I don't know, it's sort of a difficult thing to explain. :)

I think it was very immature, but I think it helped their love grow. So it was kind of towards Jacobs detriment...because, it just made Edward want to be with Bella, that much more.

In a way, it's kind of unfair for Jacob...but yeah, I think that she intends to say, "I love you, but...not like that" And I think Jacob is aware of that! So thats why, I think, that if Jacob knows that she would never have the same feelings for him, as she does Edward, it shouldn't hurt him too much...that sounds bad, doesn't it? XD

Well, the one advantage, that I found is, if there is a problem, that is bothering you maybe the pack could help you figure it out. But there are many many manyyyyy disadvantages, just...the obvious ones! XD
ImageImage
E<3B
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I think that it is a good way for a person to find thier "sould mate". But, I don't know how I would feel if I had no idea if it was going to happen to me or not. I wouldn't know what to expect.

Yeah, Sam's story is pretty intense. Leah got her heart broken, and it wasn't really even Sam's fault. It just happened.

I'm not really sure. I mean it was wrong of Jacob to do that. But, I also think that Edward should know what his leaving did to Bella. How it hurt her do much.

Yeah, I do think that. Jacob is getting mixed signal's. He thinks that Bella does want him, and she doesn't exactly feel that way. Or realizes it. But, Bella does love him, it just takes her until the end of the book, when Jake threatens to kill himself, for her to realize it.

The advatages are that they can talk to eachother and be miles away at the same time and they can coordinate with eachother. The Disadvantages are that the other wolves can hear a person's most personal thoughts.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I actually like it. It is that whole "love at first sight" thing, but it does not have to do with appearance, rather with the complete matching of souls. I don't really agree with the people who say that the person being imprinted upon has no choice; it is made clear that they do have a choice, but why wouldn't you choose the person that is perfect for you in every way? I almost wish that this were real and would happen to me...

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
Yes, it makes me feel much more sympathetic towards them, they did not choose the lives that they were given.

Yes, Bella was a mess and almost in her own way catatonic as Edward said that he was. Jacob hit way below the belt on this one.

Yes, the way that she acts around Jacob makes it seem like they are a couple and I feel that part of Jacob's feelings towards her are her own fault. Friends do not hold hands, etc...

Advantages = being able to coordinate more easily in a fight.
Disadvantages = every deep dark secret that you have, ever personal thought ans feeling laid out for others to see.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

It seems 10 times easier than working on a relationship. I wouldn't mind if it worked that way haha.

Yeah a little, I mean it's not like they have a choice anyways. It would be hard to be able to control yourself and adjust to that kind of lifestyle.

Yes and no. I think it was wrong because he knew how much he would suffer because of the images and that's not really fair. But then again he didn't know what Edward went through when he left and what that did to him, so I feel like he was trying to make him see what exactly he did and see how much he really hurt her to sort of get back to him. So I guess I would say I understand why but it wasn't really fair.

I think she's definitely leading him on. Whenever you are just friends with people you don't act the way they do. It's not like he imprinted on her, so I don't see why he gets his hopes up.

The advantages would be in fights and battles, but the disadvantages would be all of their intimate thoughts no matter what they would be, very personal things, there's no secrets and no hiding anything.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

It seems 10 times easier than working on a relationship. I wouldn't mind if it worked that way haha.

Yeah a little, I mean it's not like they have a choice anyways. It would be hard to be able to control yourself and adjust to that kind of lifestyle.

Yes and no. I think it was wrong because he knew how much he would suffer because of the images and that's not really fair. But then again he didn't know what Edward went through when he left and what that did to him, so I feel like he was trying to make him see what exactly he did and see how much he really hurt her to sort of get back to him. So I guess I would say I understand why but it wasn't really fair.

I think she's definitely leading him on. Whenever you are just friends with people you don't act the way they do. It's not like he imprinted on her, so I don't see why he gets his hopes up.

The advantages would be in fights and battles, but the disadvantages would be all of their intimate thoughts no matter what they would be, very personal things, there's no secrets and no hiding anything.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

It just sounds really weird but it does seem that it would make a relationship a little easier because of the commitment.

Sam's story doesn't make me feel differently about the wolves, I already felt compassion for them, in feeling sorry for the lives they had to live.

Yes, because Edward already knows the damage he caused Bella, and hurting him more is not necessary, and it just hurts Bella.

Her actions say something different to Jacob, but i believe she feels a compassion towards him as a brother, he helped her heal in new moon, which is where a bond formed between them.

Advantages are understanding and knowledge, disadvantages are not being able to keep a secret.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
jacobblacklover96

Post by jacobblacklover96 »

I love the whole idea of imprinting probably because of how that works, it's like Love-at-first-sight and the majorly important for all big furry werewolves to do :D

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? Yes, I think that they have a very difficult life, and how it could be all normal and perfect for them, if they weren't dogs :lol: Yes, especcialy towards Jacob...

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? No, I totaly agree with Jacob, it was completey foolish of Edward to leave Bella and when she needed it the most Jacob gave her Sunshine!

What?....
Thanks to Shel for the Awesome Banner!
Mafia: Marta Santorini APPC Shopper
Team Jasper....TEAM JACOB!! R.I.P. Shaun's 9 year old bro, Kyle S. 2/2/09