New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by Landiana »

they probably will rush new Moon. they want it out then end of NEXT year. that is NO way near enough time to do it justice. i havent seen Twilight yet because it isn't out over here yet, but i'm going in having not read Twiligh for the last three months. hopefully then i wont be too disappointed. i am worried about new moon though. i mean they wont have Catherine any more, and she loves the story so much that she wanted to do it justice. what if we get a director who doesnt care and who just wants the money.

i agree with a lot of you. they have got to keep with the Edward is gone theme. i am a Rob fan, but i know that it would ruin the plot of this book and the next book if he some how stayed. and the people who arent twilight fans wont get it. i want people to be crying when he leaves. i want people to be crying when they think Bella wont get there in time. otherwise the beauty of New Moon wont be shown. people wont feel the connection with Bella.

i think that they could cut the R&J scene, but they do need to have some bits showing how in love the couple is. otherwise people will think that Bella is over reacting. i want the "you dont want me" part because that is the first line that starts me off crying in that scene. and i think they should defintly have Sam finding her. and the snuffling because for me that set up the werewolf angle. i think they should have the Laurent vs werewolves scenein there, but not gointo the chase. leave it hanging, make people think that he will be coming back. something cool would be when Bella is running off a howl is heard, then it gets cut off suddenly. it will make the audience think that Laurent has won and is coming back to get Bella. they could cut some of the time of Bella and jacob in the garage as long as they get the essence of the fact that she is happier with him. and show the contrast between that and how she is with her friends after Edward leaves. show her just not listening to anything, just caught up inside her own pain. the months thing i think they could do in a similar way to the book. just the word coming up. and then show Bella just looking at Charlie at the table, not listening with absolute silence, and then his fist slams down. i think that would shock the audience and make it seem more dramatic.

i have some other idea's but i will post them later because this is a monster post. if you had the patience to read it all then i appluad you!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
revrag
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by revrag »

Ok, so this may sound a little strange, but this is kind of how I pictured it in the book while reading it...and it would also cure us of getting to see Edward (Rob) a little more during the parts where is he actually absent. I don't know if I can even describe it well enough for you to understand, but I think it would be awesome if they could do it something like this regardless.

When I was first reading about her hallucinations I totally expected that Edward was actually watching over her, but just keeping out of sight and being very stealth-like. Also, when I pictured Bella surviving without Edward I pictured her, as it does describe frequently in the book, as holding herself together because the hole in her chest wants to rip open...so sad...

Anyway, what I thought would be awesome is that at least for the first hallucination that when she hears his voice that she reflectively holds onto herself, and they actually show Edward holding her around her waist with his lips to her ear and his body pressed closely to hers and she holds on tighter as if she desperately wants him to be there but knows that he isn't...maybe she even closes her eyes or inclines her head into him just a little...and then they cut to show that she is just standing there by herself alone (well with Jessica freaking out at her and the guys calling to her). It would only have to be very brief, but if they do end up explaining the epiphany at the end of the book, it would tie things together a little.

Maybe just wishful thinking...it just saddens me so much that Edward leaves and it would give the audience maybe a little more hope that he was going to return...it they've never read the books and don't know that already...if anything it would satisfy our need to see Edward/Rob.
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

revrag wrote:Ok, so this may sound a little strange, but this is kind of how I pictured it in the book while reading it...and it would also cure us of getting to see Edward (Rob) a little more during the parts where is he actually absent. I don't know if I can even describe it well enough for you to understand, but I think it would be awesome if they could do it something like this regardless.

When I was first reading about her hallucinations I totally expected that Edward was actually watching over her, but just keeping out of sight and being very stealth-like. Also, when I pictured Bella surviving without Edward I pictured her, as it does describe frequently in the book, as holding herself together because the hole in her chest wants to rip open...so sad...

Anyway, what I thought would be awesome is that at least for the first hallucination that when she hears his voice that she reflectively holds onto herself, and they actually show Edward holding her around her waist with his lips to her ear and his body pressed closely to hers and she holds on tighter as if she desperately wants him to be there but knows that he isn't...maybe she even closes her eyes or inclines her head into him just a little...and then they cut to show that she is just standing there by herself alone (well with Jessica freaking out at her and the guys calling to her). It would only have to be very brief, but if they do end up explaining the epiphany at the end of the book, it would tie things together a little.

Maybe just wishful thinking...it just saddens me so much that Edward leaves and it would give the audience maybe a little more hope that he was going to return...it they've never read the books and don't know that already...if anything it would satisfy our need to see Edward/Rob.
I actually think that is a really great idea! See that's one of those things that even though it's not "seen" in the book since you're only reading it, that twilight fans would completely understand that and understand how sad she is and how hard and amazing it is at the same time for bella to hear his voice

I really like that- I think that would be a really creative angle for the director to take- whoever that ends up being!!!

I've said it before, but I'm still really hoping that they leave Rob out of a majority of the film since that would stay true to the book- it makes their reunion that much more honest and meaningful

If there was one thing I would hope for though, it would be for them not to cut out any of the scene in Italy or E&B's closeness on the trip home--I thought it was so emotional how she wouldn't even sleep because she wanted every second with him

These books have turned me into too much of a romantic!!! :lol:

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
revrag
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by revrag »

renesmeecarlie wrote:
revrag wrote:Ok, so this may sound a little strange, but this is kind of how I pictured it in the book while reading it...and it would also cure us of getting to see Edward (Rob) a little more during the parts where is he actually absent. I don't know if I can even describe it well enough for you to understand, but I think it would be awesome if they could do it something like this regardless.

I actually think that is a really great idea! See that's one of those things that even though it's not "seen" in the book since you're only reading it, that twilight fans would completely understand that and understand how sad she is and how hard and amazing it is at the same time for bella to hear his voice

I really like that- I think that would be a really creative angle for the director to take- whoever that ends up being!!!

I've said it before, but I'm still really hoping that they leave Rob out of a majority of the film since that would stay true to the book- it makes their reunion that much more honest and meaningful

If there was one thing I would hope for though, it would be for them not to cut out any of the scene in Italy or E&B's closeness on the trip home--I thought it was so emotional how she wouldn't even sleep because she wanted every second with him

These books have turned me into too much of a romantic!!! :lol:

Ya, I know what you mean...and I do love that idea...like I said that it was how I imagined it while reading it, that Edward was still with Bella, in a sense, understanding her pain more than she knew. But, we could only have one scene like that. I agree that Rob (as sad as that makes me) has to kind of stay out of it so people can get the full effect of the pain that Bella has gone through, and the sickening happiness she feels even in the face of such grave danger when they are reunited.

I just love these books. They are so powerfully engaging and romantic. Makes me twitterpated...:) lol
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cedwardrox »

Hey There Elizah wrote:"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars–points of light and reason... And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."
I loved that quote! Although it made me cry because it was so sweet.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

MissWhitlock wrote:I would like it very much if they put in the nightmares when Edward left, with nothing. And the nightmare when she realised Jacob was a werewolf. They didn't put in the nightmare she had when she discovered Edward was a vampire, that was crap.
I can't wait to see the start of new Moon when Jasper actually DOES something other than just stand there looking like he might take a s..
yeah. It was funny and all but...yeah.
And I wish they WONT cut the airport scene this time, the one where alice runs into jazzy's arms. So beautiful. *sniffs*... They did in Twilight, didn't they? The part where Bella runs off to the bathroom and stuff. that was crap too.
Oh and hopefully, they don't rush New Moon like they did Twilight.
I know. This Jasper-cutting is really making me mad! He has fans too... Does summit even know how extensive Team Jasper is??? They better not try to pull that #&@* in New Moon :evil:
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

I know I was talking about Jasper the other day and they were like He's the one whos in pain right . I mean they seem to forget how great of a character Jasper is .
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

I would love to see everything from the book in the movie but iknow that that isn't possible. I am just so concerned about them messing this next movie up. They want to cash in and I feel like they are going to rob us all ( rob as in steal not rob pattinson lol) of this amazing story and leave us bruised and battered in the cold without a blanket! :(
Kris_Aingeal
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kris_Aingeal »

is taylor REALLY not going to be in NM b/c he's not BULKY ENOUGH?!?!?

i think i might cry if they put someone else.
really.

:(

now i'm sad.
:(
The wasting of finite resources is EVERYONE'S business
jasper5485
Settled in Forks

Post by jasper5485 »

Things that absolutely need to be in new moon:
~not necessarily the romeo juliet scene but something equivalent to explain their relationship and Edwards plan if something were to happen to Bella
~Jasper attacking her at the birthday party
~Edward saying goodbye to Bella in the woods, and sam finding her
~Bellas anguish at loosing him and have time pass some how
~the trip to port angeles, bike riding, and cliff diving (to show her subconscience desire for Edward)
~Relationship development with Jacob (which is the core of the book) including the bikes, the movies, her being distraught over his lack of communication, her confrontation with him. the beach scene, bonding with the other werewolves
~Victoria is going to show up in this movie based on the last scene of Twilight to bridge it over to ecilpse
~Alice ( we did not get enough of alice and jasper in twilight) her friendship with bella needs to be shown in the begining of the movie as well as the end before the hunt for Edward
~ Alice and Jacob's confrontation at Bellas before the phone call and after
~The Clock Tower
~The Volturi could be interesting with explaining everyones talents and with the herding of the tourists in to make them lunch.
~Edward and Bella reconnecting at the end
~The confrontation between Edward, Bella, and Jacob

There are so many key lines in new moon I just hope they include them at least the majority of them. It makes the characters who they are. I also am a little concerned about how they are going to make the werewolves look terrifying as well as not so scary to Bella once she realizes who they are.