Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kelcala
Settled in Forks

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Kelcala »

Personally, I think Taylor did a good job as Jacob, but I would NOT want to see him in the next movie. Steven Strait would be PERFECT for the next movie. He is exactly what I would envision Jacob to look like in the next books, besides he CAN play all the emotions that Jacob will display AND that smile is TO DIE FOR!!! I know I'm gonna piss a lot of people off but that is how I feel. Taylor was great, but look too young to carry this role anymore...I just can't see Bella having a hard time choosing between his Jacob and Edward...Steven Strait's Jacob? YOU BET!!! Anyway, I hope Steven gets the part, but I wish Taylor well too.
LOIS
Settled in Forks

Post by LOIS »

ok so going back to a previous comment about the casting for emily. Sorry jumping around but I'm really interested in their casting. i found this picture of a girl who would be perfect for emily I'm going o try to find it again but as for leah i think Q'orianka Kilcher would be better as her.
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

I would love to see Christopher Walken play any of the "bad guys", because he is supercreepy and awesome. For some reason every time I imagined Felix, I saw Goran Visnjic (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0899681/). I think that Ian McKellan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005212/) would be great as one of the Volturi. Oh, and I think I should play Leah Clearwater. ;)
ImageImageImageNM p.201
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel »

we gotta remember, Vampires are young looking and are nearly always good looking.

I thought Ian Mckellan too, but he doesn't actually fit the criteria does he.

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I don't remember the books saying all vampires looked young. I believe I recall reading that all vampires are frozen in time at the moment of their change. Therefore whatever age they were when they changed is the age they stayed. If Aro was 53 when he was changed 53 is what he would still be. Of course SM never really gives the exact age of the Volturi and lots of others, I hope the new director asks her for her opinion on them so she can give them something to look for.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hhhm. I'm pretty sure that although the Volturi are said to be beautiful, they are also old. not ugly-old, just y'know, showing signs of age. and they do have the milky eyes and the papery skin. I hope that gets portrayed in the movie.

I think they might end up getting a different actor for Jacob after his werewolf-induced growth-spurt. they'll have to make sure they look enough alike, even without al the movie-magic.
I'm still not sure if I like the idea of Taylor Lautner being replaced, though...
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
ChanelChic
Settled in Forks

Post by ChanelChic »

Ben Barnes as Aro...

Your thoughts?
Image Image Image
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

ChanelChic wrote:Ben Barnes as Aro...

Your thoughts?
I heard about that.
I'll be waiting to see how he looks like in costume because right now he looks like an average 27 year old (i don't think he's cute or hot but maybe that will change). I was hoping for an old fellow as Aro just because an old person can give off the 'ancient' look (i don't mean that in an offending tone) and curiousioty...

i haven't seen him act. but i'll judge when the trailers start to come out and how he looks like in costume but i am sure he's a good actor (from trailers) so i don't have to worry about that.
ChanelChic
Settled in Forks

Post by ChanelChic »

Yeah, I heard he's very interested in the role...

But I imagined Aro more as an "old soul" so to speak, but who knows?
Image Image Image
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think it will be interesting who they choose for the Volturi only because they do have that "old" look because of the inactivity, but if they were created so long ago you have to take into factor life expectancy back then...it wasn't very long...so I wonder if they'll go with younger actors and make them look like they've been inactive vampires or go with older actors...maybe we'll get some insight soon cuz its driving me crazy!