Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by natterss707 »

StickStones&&Techno wrote:it's not like she has seven-year-olds reading her books; most of us here already know about secks.
and it's not like they'd actually show them in the process.
and besides, there's gonna be a warning before in the rating; if you're a parent and you see that rating and don't approve, don't let your kids watch it; it's that simple.
Agreed. Nowadays kids are corrupted so early. I thought I knew about stuff early.. I'm 19 and I knew about stuff in like 3rd or 4th grade. Now it's hitting kids younger. So even though she does have some younger readers, chances are, they'll know about it already.
Last edited by natterss707 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

Honestly if she has kids whose parents let them read Breaking Dawn then I wouldn't be too concerned with them seeing the movie.
It's not something I would want my daughter reading until she was at least 14.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
StickStones&&Techno
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StickStones&&Techno »

i'm thirteen and i read it.
of course, those are your rules (:
but, in texas at least, we have sex ed in seventh grade, so by the time we are thirteen, we already knew about sex.

how old is she? (:
xxsparklyvampiresxx
Wandering Through Town

Post by xxsparklyvampiresxx »

Breaking Dawn has a few very, hmmm, heavy parts. But honestly, I would absolutely love to see it on screen. Though there are some parts I would rather not watch... (who wants to see Kristen Stewart naked with her stomach cut open?)
I RUN WITH VAMPIRES! ^_^
Team Edward, Now and Forever!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

teamedwardfaneclipse wrote:I heard they aren't going to make a breaking dawn movie because Steph has too many "young readers" . :cry:
And i got it from a person who's got insight .
Sorry to get your hopes down. I wish they would, though!!!! Maybe i'm wrong? Hopefully(and as long as it's better than the Twilight movie, ugh!)!!!
I loved the soundtrack, though. DECODE!!!
I was under the impression that her adversion to doing BD was not because of her young viewers, but the fact that she doesn't see how they could put Reneesme to screen. She said something about this on her website that she doesn't see how a real human could potray her (ie the rapid growth and unique characteristics) Also, that this would be impossible bc CGI hasn't made a realitisc human yet. http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html

Additionaly, Steph series has been geared towards a young adult audience and so her books have followed suit, but she still remained close to her Mormon beliefs in them (IE no sex before marriage, etc.) So when she was writting Breaking Dawn she knew who her audience was and I believed that she catered to that. Yes, Bella and Edward did have sex in the book, but Steph did not write about the act specfically, she did a fade to black. So I am sure that if she has her say if the movie ever gets made that she would still stick with the PG13 "action" And that would go for the violance in the book as well (meaning Bella's birth scene) I doubt we will be burdended with seeing this in a blood bath scene. But again if Summit has the rights to do the movie this is all dependent on them, the screen writter, and the director in which way they want to do this. Bottom line, I don't think Steph has as much say as we would like her to have.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
xxsparklyvampiresxx
Wandering Through Town

Hmm, that got me thinking more about Renesmee. She grows too much; same for the werewolves. |:
I know they must find SOME way to do the growing thing, though. What would be the point of just making two movies? Personally, I think there's hope. :D
I RUN WITH VAMPIRES! ^_^
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

Yes, it's quite interesting to know how they would do Renesmee, but the easiest way, (i think, I'm not sure..) is to get different actors to do it? Someone suggested sisters, that's a good idea, but then they'd need like...3 sisters or something to cover the whole movie(s).

Very creative idea about the heart beating at the end of movie 1. That would definitely get the crowd tingly and hungry for the second one. I think they should put in the sex scene with Bella and Edward doing it for the first time, not just doing a fade to black thing. Not to sound sick or anything but I was really looking forward to seeing how Edward reacts DURING it, not just him explaining afterward, so did most of my friends. Or maybe we're just too curious for our own good.
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

As with Harry Potter's movies, the subject matter and scenes got heavier as time passed. Hopefully the same goes for Breaking Dawn.
I kinda hope SM is kept at bay for this one so the filmmakers feel free to include what they feel would be best for the movie to be a success.
How on earth can a movie based on BD be light enough for 12 or 13 year old kids???

Making Renesmee is really not such a huge challenge this day and age.

BD has to be made in to a movie. How can they leave us hanging like that? It would be cruel ;)
xxsparklyvampiresxx
Wandering Through Town

MissWhitlock wrote: I think they should put in the sex scene with Bella and Edward doing it for the first time, not just doing a fade to black thing. Not to sound sick or anything but I was really looking forward to seeing how Edward reacts DURING it, not just him explaining afterward, so did most of my friends. Or maybe we're just too curious for our own good.
I agree. I was really expecting him to lose control. You'd think he would've killed Bella fast! If putting in a sex scene would mean making the movie rated R, then so be it.
I RUN WITH VAMPIRES! ^_^
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

MissWhitlock wrote: Very creative idea about the heart beating at the end of movie 1. That would definitely get the crowd tingly and hungry for the second one. I think they should put in the sex scene with Bella and Edward doing it for the first time, not just doing a fade to black thing. Not to sound sick or anything but I was really looking forward to seeing how Edward reacts DURING it, not just him explaining afterward, so did most of my friends. Or maybe we're just too curious for our own good.

With the whole sex thing, everyone has to keep in mind what the actors are willing to do. Personally I think it would make sense to have it start out like the book with the swim and have them move to the beach and than just show flashes of them doing it the first time around in the room. There is always the option of making an undedited DVD release of the movie after it comes out. I doubt that Summit would cut out a large of its Twilight audience to make a R rated film. I do think will opt of a PG13 rating for the film tops. Like with the HP films, they do get darker, but the WB knows that the teen audience can bring in the money. Either rating won't affect me the slightest.

For the ending I do think ending with a heart beating would work nicely. If they do do two films I think the second one should start up inside Bella's head remembering all the pains she wants to come to her, fade to black and than start up with her opening her eyes going from a foggy haze to a clear image.