Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Japer's Story

Post by E&BForever »

I can't wait to read Jasper's story!!!! :P
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I loved hearing more about Jasper...I think his story and Rose's story were two of the most interesting to hear...SM kept hinting at Jasper and why he could control emotions (his gift brought through from his human life) and his involvement with the southern vampire wars...the stories about the newborn armies was cool cuz then it applied to their battle in Eclipse...also I liked that you could relate with him a little bit more once you knew where he came from...I always felt kind of bad for Jasper because his talent was a gift and a curse...if you were in a room full of downers it would suck because it seemed like he had to concentrate quite a bit to control the emotions in a room
LAURENonFIRE
Settled in Forks

Post by LAURENonFIRE »

Learning more about Jasper was one of my favorite parts in ALL of the stories. I mean, you never really knew much from him. He was mysterious and kind of dark, especially after he almost killed Bella. He was always the most troubled out the group, and that was kind of interesting to me. Then after hearing what he went through, I loved him. The whole Maria situation...she reminded me of a character in a Stephen King short story I read where this girl and her sisters fed on humans, first locking them up and all this crazy stuff...okay, it was creepier, but that's what it reminded me of. Lol.

I just thought he was the most tragic of all the Cullens, and then Alice kind of saving him...it was amazing. The whole "I felt hope" part knocked me OUT! It was great :] I love Alice & Jasper. Ahhh.
xox: lauren[!]

love of mine, someday you will die, but i'll be close behind;
i'll follow you into the dark <3

;; death cab for cutie.
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Anyone have any thoughts at to songs perfect for Jasper's story. After I had read it I was listening to a CD and I thought Indestructible by Disturbed would be perfect to have playing in the background.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

I was always so curious about Jasper's story and when I finally found out what it was, I really enjoyed it. I had no idea what Stephenie would create for him but I knew it had to be something interesting since he had scars and experience with new vampires. He was quite the gladiator. Also, when Bella becomes a vampire and she see's all of his scars so clearly, that broke my heart and made me love him even more.
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

Yeah, Jasper's story sounds very interesting! :)
Chantell
Team Edward for life!
HiminoAi
Wandering Through Town

Post by HiminoAi »

Jasper is one of my favorite of the Cullen's so getting to hear more about his past was great for me. But I must say the best part of his story was near the end when he finally when to Philadelphia and met Alice. I thought they're story was the most romantic aside from Edward and Bella's. I would have loved to hear more about them before the went to meet the Cullen's. And when Jasper said the line about "for the first time in a century I felt hope." I melted. Jasper is probably one of the characters with a real personality and depth to them and its a shame we don't get to see more of him within the stories.
"You've kept me waiting a long time."
"Sorry Ma'am."
*Alice & Jasper*
Jazz1124
Settled in Forks

Post by Jazz1124 »

I thought it was a good back story. Stephenie did a good job of bringing together a family of vampires who all had very differing human lives. Jasper's story did a good job of setting up his credibility to teach the rest of the family how to fight...he's quite the soldier.
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

I read the personal correspondance, and it said that Jasper lived during the civil war. Was he a soldier in the Confederate army, and from a plantation family?
Chantell
Team Edward for life!
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

E&BForever wrote:I read the personal correspondance, and it said that Jasper lived during the civil war. Was he a soldier in the Confederate army, and from a plantation family?
Chantell
He was a soldier. It's all explained in his story though.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory