Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Chapter 24 - Snap Decision

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book? I had no clue at this point. I knew that they weren't traditional werewolves, being turned into one by being bitten and then transforming at the full moon. Shape-shifters didn't even dawn on me until I read it in Breaking Dawn! Sometimes I can be so daft! ;)

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
I did. When Bella had that dream after the bonfire, I started to worry.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt? Did he and Edward plan on him just to hide and then help? Did I miss that?

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth? She definitely would have drawn blood in order to help- no doubt about that!
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?

I really had no clue.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?

Pretty much, Bella always tries to sacrifice herself for everyone. Just look at Twilight, with her going to sacrifice herself for Renee, and then in NM when she was going to sacrifice herself for edward. Of course she was going to do it again.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?

I figured he was supposed to run to stay safe. I was completly clueless at that point. Now I see I was just being dumb lmao. Of course Edward and seth had it planned out lol Seth would want to fight.

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?

Probably would have killed herself. She has shown she is willing to do that already in other books. She will die to protect those she loves.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
Im not quite sure what I thought. I cant remember back to when i first read the book.

Kind of. I saw Bella trying to be that 3rd wife.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?
I thought he was suppose to stay away so that he wouldnt get hurt. I had no clue that he would be hiding in the shadows.

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?
I think she would have tried her hardest to sacrifice herself. She was tired of hurting people.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

I didn't understand it, so it kind of sailed over my head.

I kind of thought it would become a little more important after learning that she had talked about it in her sleep, but before that, no.

I think it was a very clever ruse, a nice strategy.

She would have died to save them. That's obvious just from having read Twilight... she'd die to save Edward any day of the week.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I was not too surprised. These books have thrown so many curve balls at all of us that when shocking things happen now I just go with the flow. Now, Breaking Dawn on the other hand was a completley different story, I did not see that coming (I don't want to give anything away in case someone hasn't read it since this is the Eclipse forum)!

YES! It screamed Bella as soon as I heard the legend.

I thought that he was supposed to stay away and run so that he wouldn't get hurt.

I think that she would have cut herself and done anything else that she could have done that she thought would help save them...wow, I hope that makes sense!

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I was thinking: 'what the heck are you talking about boy'.

I figured it would in some way.

I think at some point while they were gone when Bella and Jake were talking, they talked strategies and Edward insisted that Seth would run, but Seth didn't agree.

She might have just stuck the darn rock into some place other than her arm.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

That still confuses me. What did Edward mean?

Yes, because of Bella's reactions to the story. I knew something was going to happen.

I have no idea.

I think she would have killed herself.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

I didn't think much of it, I was too caught up in the story. after reading the end of breaking dawn though, i kind of understand the difference.

Yes, it is something i could easily see bella doing.

I didn't think much of it, and i didnt understand what was going on, but im glad seth came back to help

She would have done everything she could have, that is just who she is.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I am still not sure what James tracked through Siberia.

Nope.

I still don't know why Edward told Seth to run.

I think she would have died and happily, to save them.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-OH MY GOD ! I WAS SO CONFUSED WHEN I READ THAT! It bugged me FOREVER until I read somewhere online what it meant haha.

-No, not at first. When Bella started thinking about it more often and dreaming about it though, I was starting to wonder if it was more important then I thought.

-No ! I thought Edward was telling Seth to run away so he wouldn't get hurt. Very tricky ! haha.

-Bella probably would've hurt herself pretty bad if it meant saving Edward and Seth. She can get kinda crazy when it comes to those things, not that thats bad though haha.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight