Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by Pel »

Discuss Taylor here...I'm so embarrassed that I forgot him! Sorry Taylor :oops:
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

lol!
For any of you that ever had doubts about Taylor this vid should clear them all up! :D
Or for people who just generally like Taylor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AU5fKhXS7w
J<3B
kaitlinnn
Settled in Forks

Post by kaitlinnn »

ok, so he's cute and all -- and tan. we got that part.
but how are they going to make him what 6 foot something?
he looks like a little shrimp to me.
did anyone else picture jacob to be like this beefy masculine hairy guy? or is that just me wolf steriotyping? :D
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

You know... I heard they were actually going to use the acter who's playing Embry for Jacob's role. I think he would have been awesome. He looks young enough to be Jacob for Twilight but tall and toned to play him in future films.

... I wish I could remember his name. GAH! Has anyone else heard this as well? I mean if it's true I think he would have been PERFECT for Jacob's role.
PlasticLion
Settled in Forks

Post by PlasticLion »

Mary Cullen wrote:You know... I heard they were actually going to use the acter who's playing Embry for Jacob's role. I think he would have been awesome. He looks young enough to be Jacob for Twilight but tall and toned to play him in future films.

... I wish I could remember his name. GAH! Has anyone else heard this as well? I mean if it's true I think he would have been PERFECT for Jacob's role.
The guy who plays Embry is Krys but I'm not sure what his last name is. ):
Yeah he looks like a good Jacob to me but Taylor is alright too. I think in an article Taylor's dad said that Taylor is going to need to buff up for the next movie xD But I don't know lol how they are going to make him taller..
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

^^ yeah. I wonder how they will make him have a magical growth spurt like Jake. Movie Magic! ha ha

But W-O-W Taylor is very... er... physically attractive. :D He makes my image of Jacob in my mind look so ugly.
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

meh... I'm still really not diggin Taylor... hopefully I'll become okay with him after the movie... He does seem to be a nice guy... but I mean, he does kinda sound like a 40 year old gay man when he talks... in a... good way.
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
kimmeygirl
Settled in Forks

Post by kimmeygirl »

I'm not so sure if I like him playing Jacob. He doesn't seem to be very tall and I don't know how he is going to "magically" grow. Well, they will figure that out for the future movies, but up until then atleast we get to enjoy his hotness ;)
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

PlasticLion wrote:
Mary Cullen wrote:You know... I heard they were actually going to use the acter who's playing Embry for Jacob's role. I think he would have been awesome. He looks young enough to be Jacob for Twilight but tall and toned to play him in future films.

The guy who plays Embry is Krys but I'm not sure what his last name is. ):
Yeah he looks like a good Jacob to me but Taylor is alright too. I think in an article Taylor's dad said that Taylor is going to need to buff up for the next movie xD But I don't know lol how they are going to make him taller..

Thank you for letting me know his name!

But yes... I think Krys would have been perfect. I'm still iffy about Taylor.

*shrugs* I'll just have to see how the movie turns out. But he's not what i saw in my vision of Jacob.
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

In an interviews with Krys he mentions that he was originally cast as Jacob but of course that was changed later and to be honest i'm glad- i didn't really see him as the type of person who could be jumpy and cheery then doing a complete 180 in New Moon- not only that, but he doesn't seem half as dedicated to his role as Taylor was. Sure, he doesn't have a big role but still- even other actors whose roles aren't as big are really into it & very enthusiastic doing as much research about their characters as they can.

On another note, if you go back in New Moon, in the beginning he's 6'5, then after his wolf transformation Jacob only grows 2 more inches- 6'7. So in terms of there being a "huge change" it's only in terms of his muscle- which can easily be pulled off with the proper clothes & what not. Not only that, but speaking again on how committed Taylor is to his role, he did mention that he's working out 5 or 6 times a week trying to buff up for his role in New Moon. I'm really excited for Taylor he seems to be really committed to his role & i can't wait to see his hard work brought to the big screen.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...