Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
tigerlili
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by tigerlili »

I believe Jacob Black's mother was killed in a car accident. The same accident that put Billy in the wheelchair, I think. What's got me up at night is, why does Jacob say they had to nail his mother's coffin shut? What's up with THAT?
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

SM said that Billy is in a wheel chair because of his diabetes.

I'm pretty sure they do nail coffins shut... I'm sure it was just closed casket.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

I am sure it was close casket, Jacob was just making a hyperbiole[sp?]
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

LAURENonFIRE wrote:
Volterrian wrote:Noone can tell me there is not a difference betwen Jacob before and after imprinting and I don't mean the whining over Bella. I mean he changed completely, the boy who wanted real love, the love you had to find and work for like his father had for his mother suddenly was gone, everything he was was gone and all there was got replaced by this overwhelming obsession.

Exactly. I loved Jacob so much, but where did he go? I liked he got his "happily ever after", but I just wish it was in a different way. Or, hey, maybe not even that. I just wish he wouldn't have lost who he was in exchange for thoughts of only the object of his obsession. Imprinting sucks. I wish Jake could have fallen in love in a natural way, like he WANTED. I mean, I kind of hate that SM led me to believe, even if it was unintentional, that Jake could get a natural love, and then I was DENIED.

But I loved his humor and sarcasm and everything else Jacob Black, so that's how he'll stay in my mind xD
True, but the imprinting is an overhelming thing.

It's just me or don't you guys ask yourselves what is Jacob going to do with his life? Because, by the flow in BD, he just stay in the Cullens and hang out but... he's 16-17. What happened to school? I'm not saying Jacob must go to college and become some PhD or whatever. But Bella and Edward are going to Dartmounth. I'm pretty sure Renesmee will be homeschooled untill her grownth slow down a bit. But what about Jake?

You know what I mean? This is kind of weird. :?
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

Lunna-san wrote:
LAURENonFIRE wrote:
Volterrian wrote:Noone can tell me there is not a difference betwen Jacob before and after imprinting and I don't mean the whining over Bella. I mean he changed completely, the boy who wanted real love, the love you had to find and work for like his father had for his mother suddenly was gone, everything he was was gone and all there was got replaced by this overwhelming obsession.

Exactly. I loved Jacob so much, but where did he go? I liked he got his "happily ever after", but I just wish it was in a different way. Or, hey, maybe not even that. I just wish he wouldn't have lost who he was in exchange for thoughts of only the object of his obsession. Imprinting sucks. I wish Jake could have fallen in love in a natural way, like he WANTED. I mean, I kind of hate that SM led me to believe, even if it was unintentional, that Jake could get a natural love, and then I was DENIED.

But I loved his humor and sarcasm and everything else Jacob Black, so that's how he'll stay in my mind xD

It's just me or don't you guys ask yourselves what is Jacob going to do with his life? Because, by the flow in BD, he just stay in the Cullens and hang out but... he's 16-17. What happened to school? I'm not saying Jacob must go to college and become some PhD or whatever. But Bella and Edward are going to Dartmounth. I'm pretty sure Renesmee will be homeschooled untill her grownth slow down a bit. But what about Jake?

Never thought what he would be doing? but now that i think it kinda made it seem like he would just be following after Nessie.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

TeamJacob! wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:
LAURENonFIRE wrote:

Never thought what he would be doing? but now that i think it kinda made it seem like he would just be following after Nessie.

Yeah, really! What did happen to school with him? Maybe he decided that if he wasn't going to be in Sam's pack anymore then he would quit school too. Or it could just be the fact that he wants to be with Nessie. Idk.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i don't think jacob really has much of a need for school anymore. he was never all that academically inclined, although we do know that he IS intelligent. i think he will certainly have to stay with the cullens. if bella and edward are still going to dartmouth, maybe he'll go too. but he does have an entire pack to run. and didn't they say they'd be traveling??

i can sort of see jacob and nessie spending some time traveling together, visiting nessie's friends and such. and i also imagine that would take away the situation of edward being able to read their minds. so when they are older! :lol:

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I love Jacob, he's the kind of person that you can't help liking. He's friendly, funny and a good friend, so I don't really understand why some people hate him.
I cried when Bella came to see him at the end of Eclipse to tell him that she'd picked Edward.

I know that imprinting made him happy, but I wish he hadn't, I don't know why.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
LAURENonFIRE
Settled in Forks

Post by LAURENonFIRE »

-Jasper wrote:I know that imprinting made him happy, but I wish he hadn't, I don't know why.
Same here. Except I think it's because I didn't want Jake's life to be chosen for him. I wanted him to find his own way. Heh. Plus, I didn't really like that it was Bella's kid.
xox: lauren[!]

love of mine, someday you will die, but i'll be close behind;
i'll follow you into the dark <3

;; death cab for cutie.
OhMy_EC**1901-4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by OhMy_EC**1901-4ever »

dont forget about sam and emily though, they obviously have to spend tons of time apart, but he imprinted on her. i think its something you learn to live with. like vampire thirst (minus the pain and desire to kill people, lol), at first, thirst is all the newborns can think of, but eventually they find themselves again and get their personalities back. all the imprinting we've seen has only been in its early stages, except for sam, who now, about 2-4 years later is able to be with emily as a nearly normal couple, except for the fact that their love is so strong. bella and edward were obsessed with each other too. it all goes along with one of SM's biggest themes, true love. part of it is that its so mindblowing and heartstopping that it is all you can think about for a while, but given time, i'm sure the good old jacob black will be back. it was a stressful time for everyone, they were all a bit off.