Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
miksit29
Settled in Forks

giving people their space and freedoms

Post by miksit29 »

i am of course a fan of the books even being a 32 year old woman..i went to see the movie with my soon to be sis in law and that prompted us both to read the books..and of course i found rob pattinson easy on the eyes and i can easily see the apeal to all, however, i was reading an article just a few minutes ago and it kind of made me feel sad. the article was talking about that rob was possibly being made to feel uncomfortable about the amount or type of attention he is getting..now of course it was an article and not directly from the horses mouth so i take it with a grain of salt but i can see the possible irritation that must come with that type of overwhelming fame so quickly. he is himself, rob, not edward cullen and i think that the identity of edward is being put upon him..he is a human being doing his job and while i am sure he is glad to have the job and i am sure he enjoys greatly what he does, i can imagine he has to be very stressed. I guess i just think that maybe everyone should give him a little privacy...let him walk down the street without treating him like he is an object to be obtained. he is a human being first and formost and i am sure his privacy is very important to him now more than ever. i hope that all the books get made into movies because it is great to be able to see those beloved characters brought to life on the big screen but is it worth one persons happiness. rob is rob and none of us knows exactly who that is, just what each person would like him to be, and for most that is edward cullen, who is a fictional character and about as close to perfect as a person can be, perfection is not real and does not exist, rob is a human being, lets all remember that.
heart_slayer_82
Settled in Forks

Re: giving people their space and freedoms

Post by heart_slayer_82 »

Well said, but unfortunatly it happens all the time. The actress that played Marcia Brady wants nothing to do with the brady bunch stuff because she was labled as "Marcia".

Daniel Radcliff did the stage production of Equis (a play/movie where a groom starts blinding racehorses) because he is sick of the Harry Potter persona. He also wanted to break his contract over it.

The latest series of Doctor Who one of the "Doctors" only was on for a season because he didn't want to be known as "the doctor". That actor has since been in Heroes (for people interested he was the "invisable guy")

There is also the Origanal Star Trek crew that are over their "charaters".

I'm sure there is more these are just the ones that I know of and it 's a shame that the actors/esses aren't seen as them selfs rather than the charaters that they play or have played.

Heart
I can't think of anything that sounds witty...
miksit29
Settled in Forks

Post by miksit29 »

true..

it must be difficult to be coveted like he is..he is seen as such a sex object by so many people..and while most people say they would love to have men or women knocking down their doors, if it happened to that degree we would all go nuts..and obviously he is not the only actor/actress who has to deal with that kind of pressure, i guess that the article i read just struck a cord because it is easy to see him as the character because the character is soo very appealing physically and mentally, but that is fictional and i think that so many people now a days blur the line between real and fantasy because our lives are so routine. I just truly hope him all the best and i really hope that it all eases up and that he doesn't feel like he has to remove himself from the twilight saga..i am very interested in his work other than twilight, he has an incredible voice and i would like to hear more of his music..i am looking forward to that as well as any other work he pursues..but lets give the poor guy a break...
heart_slayer_82
Settled in Forks

Post by heart_slayer_82 »

True, but I'm not sure if this is the best place to be doing this. I do feel for anyone in the spotlight (Robbie Williams is seen as a sex symbol too) but the whole right time and place should be observed. This is a Twilight Fourm, not a lets hunt down Edward and see if we can touch him fourm. Most of us here enjoy the books as a whole and dream of being in Bella's, the charater's, shoes.

So I shall say go forth and enjoy the books ;) and the next movie should be just as good as the last.

Heart.

P.S I thought that it was rob pattinson playing the piano, not just pretending to play like a lot of actors do ;) :D
I can't think of anything that sounds witty...
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

I think this is a great topic. I'm going to move it out of the new kid forum and into the movie forum where it fits better.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I feel so sorry for him.
I don't know if it's the way I've been brought up or where I live, but I would never do what some of the other fans do. I treat everyone with respect, famous or not.
The thing that scares me is I don't want Rob to think all his fans are these crazy girls that 'want to have his babies'. Im a big fan of his. I admire his acting, singing and I think he is a very sweet and talented person - and also very gorgeous. He is very dedicated and passionate about the books and the movies and all the wild fans seem to ruin it. He does the right thing by laughing about it and flagging it off. But I know he just wants to get away from it all, but he knows hes blessed to be in this position, because I heard he was finding it hard to get a job before he got the role of Edward.

I know someday if I get to meet him, I would cherish the moment, and not ruin it by making a fool of myself and asking him to 'bite me'.
When I see him at events surrounded by screaming tweens, I just wanna go and get him out of there!
He can definatly come to New Zealand if he wants some peace and quiet..
..Im sure we wouldn't have a problem with that :)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
rach22uk
Settled in Forks

Post by rach22uk »

This is a really interesting topic! I'm a fan of boyband Take That (you probably only know of them if you're British!) and I moderate on their official forum, and we have lots os similar debates going on there.

It's a difficult one because on the one hand Rob does tend to look very uncomfortable at the big events with thousands of screaming girls, and thats a shame. But on the other, his chosen profession is to be an actor in Hollwood movies & everyone knows that some level of attention is to be expected in that.

It's my opinion that he is just a little overwhelmed and maybe thinks he is not worthy of such attention, and that humble attitude is very refreshing. It seems to me that the madness only occurs at promotional events where there are a concentrated amount of Twilight fans at once....and this is what the promoters of the movie want! I suspect that his everyday life hasn't been overly affected and he can still go about his business as usual (I even think I've heard him say something to this effect in interviews).

As soon as the Twilight mania dies down and all the movies have done what they need to, he will still have a following but it won't be as manic and he can maybe be more choosy with his future roles. He won't always be 'Edward Cullen' & while he is it's doing good business for the movie franchise and him (lets not forget he is going home with a big old paycheck at the end of the day!).

All told, I don't think life is too bad for Robert Pattinson :lol:
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

I hate it when I hear him say he doesn't think he deserves all the attention, money and the fans, when he does!
I also heard him say that it's how he keeps himself normal and grounded - by saying hes not good enough

It makes me upset actually :cry:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

And then there's people like Taylor Lautner, who appear to be loving every minute of the spotlight... but does he really feel the same way as Rob Pattinson? Ah, but these are the questions that haunt me.
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Taylors been doing reasonably big-ish movies since he was a young teen
Roberts career boomed just recently in Harry Potter.

Taylor seems more natural and comfortable with it.
Difference in personality?
Robert is quite sensitive and introverted.

I dunno
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart