Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FriendsNotFood
Settled in Forks

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by FriendsNotFood »

It's just a thought. I don't ever think that it will happen. I actually like Taylor as Jacob and am pretty annoyed that there's even talks of replacing him.
THE Real Duckie
Settled in Forks

Post by THE Real Duckie »

I would like to have Taylor play Jacob. I think he has the character down. A little make-up can make him look older and with different camera angles, they can give the illusion that Taylor is taller. I hope they keep Taylor. :geek:
~Lucia Santoro~ My partner-in-crime is Sha-Nikki and we are wreaking havoc where ever we go on the lexicon.
I go from Forks, Washington to Morganville, texas and I still find some Vampires.
Well, I think there is some vampires in morganville? :roll:
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

Here is my humble opinion for what it's worth~which is not much...

Steven Strait is HOT, but not who I would want to play Jacob

Michael Copon is HOT, but again not Jacob

Taylor Lautner is already Jacob and should stay Jacob, but I won't boycott if they do get rid of him. The digital era has made possibilities endless when it comes to filmmaking and I think it wouldn't take much to get him a bit taller, and not so pudge faced.

Jason Isaacs would be PERFECT for Caius, 1 Caius has white hair like that and 2 Lucius Malfoy was just as evil as Caius so the role is already made lol
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

THE Real Duckie wrote:I would like to have Taylor play Jacob. I think he has the character down. A little make-up can make him look older and with different camera angles, they can give the illusion that Taylor is taller. I hope they keep Taylor. :geek:
That's what I keep on saying. I hope SM is reading all of this. Maybe she can do something about it.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
soundstoofishy
Settled in Forks

Post by soundstoofishy »

Tyler would be a good choice for Seth. I wonder how they are going to handle the growth spurt of Jacob. Can they do that with one person. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw Taylor. He is too small. Jacob ends up being like 6' 7" and incredibly muscular.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

soundstoofishy wrote:Tyler would be a good choice for Seth. I wonder how they are going to handle the growth spurt of Jacob. Can they do that with one person. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw Taylor. He is too small. Jacob ends up being like 6' 7" and incredibly muscular.
If you think of movies like the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe and the lord of the rings where some people are so much bigger than others I think that part it do-able...the muscular part I dunno...
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Something I think about concerning the casting of Jane...She is supposed to be physically quite young (in my mind about 13) so if they cast an actor of that age what would they do for the future movies?
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

Ok for those of you who havent seen Michael Copon in anything..there was this one show where he was playing a Hawaiian surfer dude..and thinking back to that role..he has that playful,joking,goofy..yet that sarcastic sense of humor that Jacob thing to the tee.His character was very seriously in love with with one of the female characters and i like the way he was capable of taking that character to a serious place when it was time.Of course Steven Strait is a hottie..but i can truly see Michael playing Jacob Black. Taylor is adorable but his character is evolving..and im sure those who wanted to go on with making the rest of the Twilight Saga into movies realized it would be hard to keep a young 16 year old boy as that character when the character ages about 10 years in the matter of months.Taylor is still going through puberty..and even though he's a young cutie i dont think he'll be able to "physically" fill the new Jacob Black role.
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel »

Hmmmm......I've been thinking a lot about this, my first reaction was, NO, they can not replace Taylor as Jacob, but after having a think about it, what they maybe could do, would have Taylor play the guy Jacob and have some big guy come in and play Jacob the wolf. At least that way, poor Taylor wouldn't have to spend hours in make up etc.

Also, we don't hear Jacob talking when he is a wolf do we, only hear his thoughts via the other wolves or Edward.

Just an idea.

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.