Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:
Wingtear wrote:Depressing...
No, not really, that's just the Lex feeling right now.
it's around freezing, rainy and overcast. Yesterday was the first sunny day for three weeks. I'm beginning to think I live in Forks...
I hope for snow on Christmas though.

On a happier note, girls, I got a call from my jeweler, my ring will finally be done tomorrow. I'll let you be the first ones to see it! Nothing like a little bling to bright ones feeling of rejection.

Hi All! New to this section on the boards. I am Megan and I am 25 and live in CHICAGO :D
We have been getting pealted with the dreaded s word..... SNOW. I usually love it for Christmas, but I am sick of it right now. We have gotten about 5 inches in the last 8 hours and it just keeps on coming. Plus, we have had 2 other snow falls in the last week and a half. Hope that have the plows ready, :lol:
Here too! But I haven't gotten sick of it yet. Or else I'd be in trouble! I was just thinking how beautiful night time snow is...especially when you wake up and its undisturbed
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I agree with that, if I have to have the cold then I would like the snow too.As long as some shovels my driveway :lol: I do think it is so pretty untouched as well. Makes me want to do a snow angel. I haven't done one in a long time though.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

Hi Megan!

I'm Elizah.
Nice to meet you.

My ex is from Chicago. I won't hold that against you though. Haha.

I live in Alabama. It hasn't snowed in a long time. I grew up in Vermont though and I really miss the snow.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

HI Eliah. Thanks for not holding that against me, I can't control all the crazy people here, but I will try :lol: The funny thing is my ex boyfriend of 5 years moved to Alabama :lol:

Vermont makes me think of my fav Christmas movie, WHITE CHRISTMAS. I love that one!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Hey There Elizah

Post by Hey There Elizah »

Haha. Wow! That is nuts!

He couldn't moved to a place closer to hell if he tried. :lol:
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Hey Alabama isn't THAT bad. Of course it's supposed to get up into the 70s tomorrow so no white christmas here.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

Hi to the new ones!

Can someone send some snow my way please??? It's snowing really hard in some parts of Austria (they had to close schools and roads - things where crazy there) but not where I live :( Still hoping for a white Cristmas though! :D We had a bit of snow at the end of Novermber but since then: nothing!
At least I'll go skiing right after Christmas, so there will be snow at last! Yeah!

Wingtear: looking forward to see the ring! You are getting married on Christmas eve and will spend your honeymoon in New York over new year if I remember right?

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I don't want snow. It's hell here in belgium. As soon as there is even one centimeter of snow it's like a distaster terretory.

Actually I do love snow. But the thing is, for my work I have to drive alot. All through the country, towards customars, and those appointments are so urgent they can not be cancelled. So I do not want to drive all those hours in snow. It's dangerous and it causes even more traffic.
If I could be home from work I'd love snow though. But I have to work at the holliday season (except the hollidays itself and on friday) cause there is way to much work.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

vampire_elf - that's right, how on earth did you remember that? Anyhow, I'm so exited to finally get the ring! I've been wearing a silver ring now (we sent my engagement ring to be engraved, not knowing when the wedding one would be done) because it felt so wrong and weird to be without one.

I have to try the dress on today, with all the accesories, I just don't know when I'll find the time. I was suppose to do it yesterday, but we had a little emergency at the cafe and I just couldn't make myself leave the computer until it was solved. So, quit work at 4pm, get ring, home, get into pantyhose and other complicated underwear :? , getting the zipper of the dress up by myself :? , and then look in the mirror, rip it all off, change into training gear and zoom up to the Christmas Party... Program/training begins at 6pm, and I have to change it all, I have to wear my gi, come on, I'm a coach and have to be a role model :roll: (yes, poor kids...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

Wingtear: I'm good at remembering these kind of things and not many people are getting married on Christmas Eve anyway! :) Which ring are you gettin gback today? The engagement ring or the wedding ring?
Good luck with your dress rehearsal! getting the zipper up yourself sound difficult, though... :?

I also only like snow if I don't have to drive! Driving in the snow is hellish!

Do you guys have Christmas markets (don't know a good translation, we call it "Christkindl (the one who brings the presenst, we don't have Santa Claus) markt (that's a market/fair): Christkindlmarkt. You have stalls there that sell all kind of things (sweets, homemade stuff, food, jewelery, Christmas decoration) and people go there to drink mulled wine/hot spice wine and glogg. Well, that's were I'm going tonight with some friends to drink glogg! :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter