Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by cascsiany »

vampire_elf wrote:I also only like snow if I don't have to drive! Driving in the snow is hellish!
Just be glad you don't live in the south. When it snows people lose their minds literally. People drive up to a hill and stop. They don't go up the hill while they still have momentum they stop right at the beginning. :roll: Then they try to drive up an icy hill with no momentum. Oh and if there is even a mention of snow people go crazy and run to the store and buy bread, milk, beer, and toilet paper.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

cascsiany wrote:
vampire_elf wrote:I also only like snow if I don't have to drive! Driving in the snow is hellish!
Just be glad you don't live in the south. When it snows people lose their minds literally. People drive up to a hill and stop. They don't go up the hill while they still have momentum they stop right at the beginning. :roll: Then they try to drive up an icy hill with no momentum. Oh and if there is even a mention of snow people go crazy and run to the store and buy bread, milk, beer, and toilet paper.
ROFLMAO
Yeah, My mom lives in Bama and she said they closed the schools because they got a inch (MAYBE) of snow last week! :shock:
I live in MIchigan, and so, I'm used to it...I find it hilarious that they close schools for an inch of snow...although, I must say...they don't really have salt trucks there...and it's usually pretty icy...in their defense :P
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ok. ring: check :mrgreen: dress:un-check :roll:
no time to try it on, my mom came to pick up some stuff so I'm happy if I make it to practice/party in time (40 minutes left and I'm eating and typing at the same time...)
I promised to show you them, so here goes: THE ring and how it will look when it's all said and done
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Hey There Elizah

Post by Hey There Elizah »

That is sooo pretty Ninna!!! I can't wait to see wedding pics!!!
I'm jealous. I want to be married so bad.

cascsiany where in Alabama are you?
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Wingtear wrote:Ok. ring: check :mrgreen: dress:un-check :roll:
no time to try it on, my mom came to pick up some stuff so I'm happy if I make it to practice/party in time (40 minutes left and I'm eating and typing at the same time...)
I promised to show you them, so here goes: THE ring and how it will look when it's all said and done
I love that ring...it's nice and unique! Sorry you didn't have time to try on the dress, but have fun at your party!
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

Good luck with pulling everything together Ninna. It's so hard trying to get everything organized and ready. I married a military man, and we found out he was leaving (unexpectedly). We ended up having to throw our wedding together in 3 weeks rather than the 5 months we had originally planned. It's really stressful, but you will be fine.

Hey There Elizah, marriage can be good, but it's so much work too. Don't worry, it will happen!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

vampire_elf wrote:Wingtear: I'm good at remembering these kind of things and not many people are getting married on Christmas Eve anyway! :) Which ring are you gettin gback today? The engagement ring or the wedding ring?
Good luck with your dress rehearsal! getting the zipper up yourself sound difficult, though... :?

I also only like snow if I don't have to drive! Driving in the snow is hellish!

Do you guys have Christmas markets (don't know a good translation, we call it "Christkindl (the one who brings the presenst, we don't have Santa Claus) markt (that's a market/fair): Christkindlmarkt. You have stalls there that sell all kind of things (sweets, homemade stuff, food, jewelery, Christmas decoration) and people go there to drink mulled wine/hot spice wine and glogg. Well, that's were I'm going tonight with some friends to drink glogg! :D

Chicago has a big Christkindl maket downtown. Our family goes evey year. A tradition since my grandfather was from Germany. Love the mulled wine :D Not sure what glogg is though? Hope you have fun!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

Wingtear: the ring is beautiful and, like MRK said, unique! I hope you have a beautiful winter wonderland wedding!

I wonder, MRK, because you said marriage is a lot of work, is it any different to the work you have to put in your relationship (I'm in a longterm relationship - five years - and we live together)? I keep wondering if being married will really make a difference apart from the legal aspects. I already feel kind of married (if that makes sense). My boyfriend will work abroad for the next six month but I guess that after that, marriage isn't that far away for us - I hope...at least he said today he hopes that I want to marry him someday.

Regarding snow: we have snow every winter (so we should really be used to it) and there are still problems whenever it snows (people being stuck on the motorway and having to spend the night in their cars, multiple pileups...). Especially in the cities it gets crazy!

@Glogg: that's what the dictionary said! :D Punch? Would that be the right word? It's a hot drink with rum, sweet and usually with some kind of fruits (berries, oranges, apoles). The mulled wine is usually better cause it's not as sweet as the punch.
Cool, that Chicago has a Christkindl market! Wow!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

There's also a Christkindl market in Pennsylvania, but it's a bit of a disappointing one. I'm sure the one where you are vampire_elf (Austria, right?) is much better. Have fun!
I don't really want to be married, I just want to have the wedding :lol: I'm pretty far off now though as I just broke up with my bf of 4 years. I know it's for the best, but it's a bit frustrating starting back at square one after putting so many years into something. I'm that much further away from my dream wedding!
Also, Ninna, the ring is BEAUTIFUL! I think it's very unique and I can't wait to see all the pictures of the dress and all. Have fun at your party!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Well...it was a judo kind of party, meaning all the coaches were training and all the kids groups, at the same time. Crowded floor but reasonably fun. It's good that the newest kids get to see me and F (my former help coach, since he outranks me now, he'll be head from now on) because some of them will be joining our group after the holidays.
So, a lot of play wrestling, the kids giving it all they had, adults trying to not be too obvious about the giving in... In the end I did get my workout though, I grabbed F by the collar and tried to strangle him and the fight was on. We were cheered on by our kids. :lol: That was the best part of the party, I haven't had a decent wrestle in 3 month, since I sprained my ankle. Then there were glögg and ginger snaps for all. We were suppose to upgrade most of our kids that attended but overall head coach fumbled it away :evil: they'll get their new belts when we begin again. And then I found out there would be a meeting afterwards... I was totally uninterested (and very sweaty & smelly) and could barely keep my eyes open.
Now I'll go see what the cafe have been doing on my lex-less day, night girls!
ETA:
Just wanted to get your view of this... since you all know how terribly old I am :shock: :
when I wrestled F tonight at the party our kids kept urging the other big guys to help me out and was frustrated when they didn't. Our kids ain't big enough, so they didn't see that I was in advantage :twisted: and they kept giggling as we rolled all over the floor. Ah, what the heck, it was the closest thing to a cuddle I've had in 1½ week... What sounds worse? Cuddling a 16 year old or strangling a 16 year old? I did the last, but our kids thought it looked like the first... :lol: in my defense, he tried his best to strangle me back... but I've trained since the year he was born, so he's not quite there yet. I'm amazed that we didn't squash a kid during this, they stood all very close...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK